Copyright (c) 2014 by Chicharito Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Chicharito -- Blogmeister

Chicharito-

We are Mr. Brune's 5th Grade at Mamaroneck Avenue School in Mamaroneck, NY, USA!

by Chicharito teacher: MAS 5B 2011 - 2012
i-Prints 05/11
Miro 05/11
Final Pioneer Diary Entry 05/10
Poetry 04/24
Inquiry 03/25
Return to the Moon 03/11
Literary Essay 01/12
Self Portraits 10/21
Sculpture 12/02
Revision 11/22
School Report 10/31
Personal Narrative 10/26
A True Story From Your Life 10/21
Independent Writing 10/21

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 07:15 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 146

chicharito

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 07:12 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 60

de5

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 75

Near Death Experience

PLEASE EXIT THE DOME!

THE DOME IS COLLAPPSING!

Tention runs through my body.

Fear is holding my body in place.

In a split second, my fun soccer game turns dangerous.

My friend's family and I speed walked to the main exit.

The exit was crowded with panicing people.

My friend pushed me through the revolving doors. People were squished like cockroaches.

I was free.

WHAT A RELIEF!

Article posted March 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

Did you know that Earth is covered by 70 % water and only 30 % land? This is a true fact. I am going to teach you some interesting information about our planet….Earth.

Where is the planet earth in the solar system? Earth is the third planet from the sun. This is the perfect distance from the sun because it is just the right temperature to support life. Life on earth needs the sun to survive. Plants need the sun to grow, and humans and animals need the sun to stay warm.

Even though we don’t fell the earth spinning, it is spinning. Do you know how long it takes earth to rotate on its axis? It takes earth one day to rotate on its axis. That’s why we have day time and night time. One day is 24 hours. Earth also revolves around the sun. It takes one year, which is 365 days, for Earth to revolve around the sun. That’s why Earth has four seasons: winter, spring, summer, and fall.

Earth has different temperatures depending on where you are located and the season. The highest temperature on earth was recorded in Libya, Africa at 136 degrees Fahrenheit. The lowest temperature on earth was recorded at the Vostok Station in Antarctica at -128.6 degrees Fahrenheit.

Earth is our home and it is an amazing place. I hope you learned some interesting facts about our planet!

Image1

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 09:13 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

Cell Phones in School

Some people think kids should NOT be allowed to have cellphones in school. I strongly disagree. In my opinion, I think kids should be able to bring a cellphone to school.

One reason why kids should bring cellphones to school is because it would help in case of an emergency that can happen in school. For example, there have been closing due to flooding, gas leaks, and snowstorms. The school sends out a message to all the families saying school is cancelled. The problem is that sometimes parents don’t get the message right away. They might be busy working and not hear the phone. If a kid had a cellphone he/she could call her parent till their parents pick up. I would hate being the last kid to get picked up in an emergency.

Another benefit to having cellphones in school is so kids can ask their parents to pick them up later. Maybe you have to help your teacher clean the classroom. Sometimes the art teacher tells me to stay after school to help her hang up art work. If I had a cellphone I could just call my mom instead of going to the office to call her.

Some schools don’t allow cellphones. In my opinion, it’s better to be safe than sorry. I think kids should be allowed to bring cellphones to school.

Article posted March 17, 2012 at 03:26 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 43

We recently returned to the moon during a Challenger Center Mission. Our mission was a success.

I was part of the medical team. My job responsibilities included testing for response time, measuring skin temperatures, measuring respiration, measuring blood pressure and testing for peripheral vision. The most significant information I collected during the mission was the data collected from our tests. The data helped tell us that the astronauts could survive on the moon. Since the moons atmosphere is different from Earths, my team needed to research the human body’s response on the moon. We found that the human body can walk on the moon with the right equipment. The part of my job that I found to be most difficult was making sure that the humans stay safe on the moon.

If I had the chance to fly again, I would do the following things differently. I would change my job to communications. This is because the communication job looked like fun and a little easier than the medical team’s job.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 02:28 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

In the story "the dot," a girl named Vashti is having trouble in Art class. She is mad because she couldn’t draw. Her teacher told her to make a mark. Vashti jabbed her paint brush on her paper. Then, her teacher told her to sign it. Vashti kept practicing drawing dots. Her art work gets better, and she starts to feel like an artist. At the end of the story, Vashti helped a little boy draw. He thought that he couldn’t draw, but Vashti told him to make a mark. She made the boy feel that he could draw, just like how her art teacher did.

When I reread the dot, I realized it was all about never giving up. Vashti thought she could not draw. She said, “I can’t draw, but I can sign my name.” She also jabbed her paper because she was mad. She kept practicing and realized she could draw. Vashti did not give up. So "the dot" is really about perseverance.

Like in "the dot" I was playing soccer with my dad and when I kicked it I thought I could kick it better. So, when I kicked it again I did better. It’s like when Vashti made better circles. The lesson I learned was practice makes perfect.

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 10:14 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

Magic Card Trick

(We walk in. We sit down. Magician pops up. We scream.)

Girl1: Awh, the horror! Oh, wait a minute! It’s just you! Hahah, hah, ha, hoo. . . .

Magian: Do you wanna' see a magic trick?

Girl2: Umm…sure….

Magician: Pick a card, any card.

(Girl1 picks card and shows card. Girl1 puts card back in deck. Magician shuffles. Girl1 blows on deck. Magician taps deck three times and picks a card up.

Magician: Is this your card?

Girl1: Yeah, so what? Do I get a prize?

Magician: Uhhh…noo.

Girl1: Fine, then you just wasted my time!

Girl2: When is it gonna be my turn?! I gotta' go to Burger King. I got an extra large soda with my name on it!

Magician: OK, then, hold your horses! You’ll get your soda in a minute. Gosh!

(whispering) People these days. . . .

Girl2: I HEARD THAT!  You know what?! I'm just gonna' call for a delivery.

Burger King Delivery: Hello? You have reached Burger King Delivery. How may I take your order?

Girl2: Yeah, I want to order an extra large soda with my name on it!

Burger King Delivery: OK, we're on our way!

5 Minutes Later

Burger King Delivery: Umm, we have an extra large soda with my name on it?

Girl2: Oh, come on! I ordered a soda with MY name on it! Not a soda with a tag that says "With my name on it"!

Burger King Delivery: Ohhh, sorry, sir, we had a mix up. Do you want a refund?

Girl2: Never mind, I’ll just drink my soda in peace!

Magician: Anyways. . .back to the magic card trick….

Girl1: FINALLY! IT'S BEEN FOREVER!

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 09:58 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 60

BANANA MAN

1: And now coming in, Banana Man!

CH: It’s me, Banana Man!

(Random noise.)

1: Was' up, Banana Man!

CH: Banana!

1: We have special guest stars to meet Banana Man!

Ch: Is it Bananas?

1: Bananas aren’t guest stars. . . .

(Ch. makes random noise.)

1: They are bieberhairflip41, lmmo, and blubberfluber24!

Ch (clapping): Yay! Woohoo!

1: Why are you screaming? They're not even there?

Ch: Bananas.

1: What?

Ch: Bananas.

1: What about bananas?

Ch: Go bananas!

(Ch. does Banana Dance.)

1: Since he’s dancing, I am going to introduce the guest stars.

Blub, lmmo: Was' up?!

Lmmo: Move out of the way! You’re in my spotlight! Just dance!

Blub: We're not even in a spotlight! Dumb!

Lmmo: He’s just jealous of me.

1: Since there's a major dance fight, we'll go on to commercial.

Ch: No! Bananas!

1: Ok, let’s look at the banana. . . .OK, let’s stop looking at the banana and start talking.

Lmmo: OK, what do you like Banana Man.

1: I already asked him that!

Ch: Justin Beaver, The Banana Way

Everyone except Banana Man: HUH?!

Banana Man: I said, I love Dora the Explora.

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 07:33 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 43

chicharito