-

5th grade class learning with technology.

by teacher: Nancy Crosby

What is a new situation I’ve had to over come? Hmmm…Oh I know.
It all started on August 29, 2011 when I started a new year at school. I had just gotten out of Mrs. Donahue’s class (I had been with her for two years) and was now entering Mrs. Crosby’s 5th grade class. The only problem was her class rolled up with her and I only had Sage as a friend. That made the first day of school really awkward because everyone was like “Hey I haven’t seen you in so long! Can you believe we get to be in Mrs. Crosby’s class again?”. So Sage and I stuck together on the first day for the obvious reasons. One being we didn’t really know anybody. Two being we sat at the same table so even if I did want to get away from her (which I didn’t) I couldn’t. Anyways, the next day we had to switch seats, worst of all Sage and I were separated! I was then stuck with Megan, Ben, and Michael for 3 weeks. But it was actually really fun. I got to meet new people and made friends with Megan.
I think I handled the situation well for a few reasons. First of all I didn’t have any meltdowns or anything like that. Lastly, I wasn’t just hiding out at recess and not talking. And now I am in the most awesome class ever.

Article posted March 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM • comment (4) • Reads 48 • see all articles