Copyright (c) 2014 by Master Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Master -- Blogmeister

My Favorites

2011-2012

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by Master

teacher: Michael La Marr

I like how Marden Dahlsted put so much detail in the book The Terrible Wave. She didn’t put everyday words in the book. They were words that many people don’t know what they mean. That is very good because it adds interest to the book.

The sentences are so descriptive, and they put very much feeling in the book. I really like how she put the sentence that described the tree roots o f a trunk of a tree floating in the water: “The trunk of a giant tree came rushing past, its roots waving above the water like a hundred searching fingers.” She is a very good author.

There is another sentence that I like. It describes when the wave hit the house that Megan lived in and what Megan did to protect her body,” Megan ducked her head and shielded her body against the careening debris.” This is one of the most descriptive books I’ve ever read. For example, one of the words Dahlstedt put in was “careening”, which means to swerve or lurch while moving. The sentence that gives an example of the word
“careening” says, ”When their wild careening finally stopped the young man raised his head.” The book gives you great pictures in your head.

The author is very good at putting descriptions in the book. Many people like the way Dahlstedt put so much detail in the book. I really like the wording she used. This is a great book.

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 01:59 PM • comment • Reads 69 • see all articles