Copyright (c) 2014 by Redhot Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Redhot -- Blogmeister

Redhot's Blog

2011-2012

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by Redhot

teacher: Michael La Marr

My Opinion of The Terrible Wave
I think that The Terrible Wave’s author, Marden Dahlstedt, did a great job with this book. She included every detail of every moment. I liked it when she was writing about Megan being in the house when the wave hit. She wrote, “After what seemed like a lifetime in the thunderous blackness, Megan lifted her head. Far above her she could see a glimmer of dirty gray light.” Right after that she wrote something else I also thought had very good description. “She wasn’t even thinking now. Painfully she began to crawl toward the light…” I think that that line shows how desperate Megan actually was. Megan has, so far in the book, been very dignified and despises, more than others, the idea of looking pitiful.
I have a couple of favorite phrases from the book. One of my favorite descriptions that Marden Dahlstedt wrote is, “ To her astonishment she found herself looking directly into a human face!” The reason that’s one of my favorite sentences is because I imagine seeing all of this debris and no sign of life and then suddenly a human face! One of my other favorites is “Hang on,” Brian cried to Megan. With a heave he pushed against the mattress and flung himself headlong onto the wagon, dragging Megan like a pack on his back. The force of the leap had knocked the old man flat, and for a moment the three of them lay in a tangled, sodden heap.” The reason I call that sentence one of my favorites is because, one, it’s funny and, two, it has very good description, that is at least at the end of the phrase . Those are all reasons why I think the author, Marden Dahlstedt, wrote good descriptions.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 01:37 PM • comment (3) • Reads 73 • see all articles

Hi! The first thing you should know about me is that I'm a ten year old girl. My favorite book is Catching Fire (yeah Hunger Games!). My favorite color is, definetly, purple! And, in my free time I LOVE to swim!