Copyright (c) 2014 by buster posey Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
buster posey -- Blogmeister

2011-2012

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by buster posey

teacher: Michael La Marr

Science night is a night where you and a couple of friends get together and make a cool physical science project. Some of the projects are electromagnets, plain old magnets, air pressure, circuits, motors, static electricity, and many more.

Fourth grade was one of the best school years ever!!! I liked all the field trips we went on and all the fun we have in class. My favorite parts of the year were Westminster Woods, Science Night, when we went to Old Sacramento and saw a lot of historical sightings. Science Night is a night when you and a few partners find a cool hands-on science project. Then on a night in May you bring friends and family to watch you and the rest of your friends. Westminster Woods is a camp that Mr. LaMarr’s class goes to. If you could have the chance to go there, you should check out the cargo net and all of the cool hikes. My opinion is that Mr. LaMarr is the best teacher ever!!!

As many people know, Old Sacramento use to have constant floods, and fires, and there was also a cholera epidemic. Yes, you think Sacramento was a bad city, but they had ways to fix all those mishaps. For the floods, some construction workers raised all the buildings, but then there would be a big hollow space under the home. To fix the fires some volunteer fire stations started to pop up here and there, and when the waterways were built, people made fire hydrants. The fire stations did not work for the money; they worked for an article in the paper. The way they fixed the cholera epidemic was none of the doctors in Sacramento left Sacramento. They all stayed in the rough, burning, under water Sacramento.

Sacramento was growing, and losing population. They were growing population by all the big, rough, stinky miners who came in for the gold rush, but on the other hand, Sacramento was losing population by all the floods, fires, and cholera epidemic. Sacramento was a growing process. The Pony Express was the fastest way to get mail across the country at that time. People could get a letter across the country in 10 to 14 days. But the down side of it was that it was really, really expensive. The Pony Express only lasted for 18 months; the telegraph replaced it.

After the telegraph came, the Pony Express shut down the next day. A telegraph could have a message sent across the country in minutes, and it was less expensive. To send a telegraph people had to go to a telegraph station. Then the person who is sending the message tells the operator the message. Then the operator translates it to Morse Code. Finally, they send it. But people usually want to keep the message short, because they charge by the word.

The thing that replaced the telegraph was the train. When they build the Transcontinental Railroad that was some of the best technology at that time. The train was so popular then because it wasn’t expensive, it improved transportation, and it improved communication. It improved all three of those by the train being less expensive than the Pony Express and the telegraph. The telegraph was much faster then the train, but the railroad was continuous, unlike the telegraph, because when a telegraph pole falls down, the message is lost.

After all, Sacramento turned out to be a pretty good city. To get Sacramento to become a decent city, some people had to work really hard. Hard work does pay off, well in the floods, and fires in Sacramento in the 1850’s and 60’s. Sometimes if you put some hardcore work into something you can get the job done!

Banana Slug

Slimy, yellow, slow

Banana Slug

The Redwoods

Dutch Bill Creek

The redwood bark

The bathrooms

The food

The redwood sorrel

Night

Dark, nocturnal, can’t see

Night

A sea star

The waves crashing

The thick fog

The salty sea

The frightened hermit crab

Spider

Fast, small

Running, crawling, eating

The spider runs out of its home

Speedy

Sun

Bright, yellow, hot

Sun

Deer

Fast, brown

Running, eating, sleeping

A deer is running through Westminster Woods at night

Cabin

Like a stinky tiny room

Like a cold tent

Like a full of smells

Like a room with beds

Like a small house where my stuff is

Like a place that I sleep

Like a cabin in Westminster Woods

I don't have any fish.

I buster posey, have two cats. Their names are Cinder and Daisy. Cinder is black, and Daisy is orange. The weird things about my cats are Daisy eats cantaloupe, and Cinder is just so big. We got Cinder's name by her color. All I know about Daisy's name is that I named her. To get our cats we went through a lot of dog pounds to find them. All I know is that we picked the right ones.

Oak Hill is a Track and field, and cross country running club. The only reason I joined was that was because my friend Tuner told me about it, and he is in it too. Right now, Oak Hill is doing track and field. The events in track and field are running of corse, javelin, turbo-javelin, shot put, and long jump. Their is more events in track and field but these are the ones that my team and I do. Cross country is pretty much just running. You sprint on a dirt track with a lot of other runners and try to pull off 1st place.

Article posted February 5, 2012 at 05:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

I buster posey, have two dogs. Their names are Charlie and Molly. Charlie's real name is Dr.Charillton, and Molly's real name is Ms. Molly. Trust me, I just wanted their names to be Charlie and Molly but my family did not agree. Every person in my family wanted a dog but my Dad, he's a cat person. We were going to just get Molly but the school year was about to start, and we thought she would get lonely. We got Molly and a couple days later then we went back to get Charlie. We got Molly's name from her mom, Wally. The way we got Charlie's name was we just thought of a Dr., and the name Charlie just came to us. And that's how we got our dogs names. My dogs can be rowdy, rambunctious, and jumpy etc.. But they are still good dogs, and thats all what matters.

My class and I have been reading The Terrible Wave for a couple weeks not including the break. I think it is a good book. The book is mostly about a fifteen-year-old girl named Megan. She was going to go Green Hill with her dad, Edward, and two sisters, Louisa, and little Fanny. She was going to Green Hill because there were rumors about the South Fork Dam breaking. It turns out Megan was not going to Green Hill. She went back to the attic with Timothy, her little brother, Aunt Ella, and Hulda her cook. The people in the attic went to the attic because they did not know the dam broke, except for Megan. When the terrible wave hit Megan got pushed out of the attic and on to a mattress. Megan was floating down the street when an eight-teen year old boy named Brian went on to her mattress and saved her and himself. Brian helped Megan on to a wagon with a bunch of other people.

Marden Dahlstedt must be really descriptive. In her book there is a lot of description. Even in the title of the book has an adjective, The Terrible Wave. On page six, she wrote that Aunt Ella was an everlasting prissy bore. Also on page 49 when they found Stefan, she described Stefan’s eyes enormous and blue, and she described his hair as a yellow thatch of hair.

I think The Terrible Wave was one of the best books I ever read. I like the book because there is conflict, catastrophes and action. When I’m finished with this book I will probably have nightmares about the Folsom Dam breaking!

California’s history

California’s history all started when the Native Californians came from Russia and crossed the land bridge. They made their way to California. There are a lot of important things in California’s history, but there can only be one most important. I think the most important thing in California’s history is when America beat the Californios. I think that is the most important thing because if Mexico had won, we wouldn’t be in America right now. We would just be in Mexico.

The United States are going to war to gain the western states. If the Bear Flag Rebels did not declare that California was their own country, the Californios could not have fought the Americans. If the Californios did not fight the Americans, the Americans could not have won the war. Also, if Spain did not loose Mexico in the Mexican War for Independence, the Bear Flag Rebels could not have declared California its own country, and if the Bear Flag Rebels did not declare California its own country, the Americans could not have won the war. If the Americans did not win the war, California would not be part of the United States.

Americans beat the Californios to make President Polk’s country spread from coast to coast. The war ended when the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed. America received five hundred twenty- five thousand square miles of land for $15 million.

I am 9 years old and I will turn 10 on May 2. I play tennis and baseball and I like running. I like video games and TV. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats when I grow up I want to be a pro baseball player and pitch in the world series.