-

5th Grade Reading and Social Studies---> The Reading Lab is where bright young readers come to discuss, through in-depth dialogue, literature that they are reading._____ The Social Studies Parlor is where students respond to critical questions related to different aspects of Social Studies, and then discuss their responses through thoughtful discussions.

by teacher: Mr. Volkman

THE BEST PART OF THE STORY IS  WHEN  THEY GO THROUGH THE MAGICAL, COLORFUL, SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPYALYDOTIOUSLY AMAZING TREES. I LIKE THAT PART BECAUSE IT IS VERY DESCRIPTIVE. THE BEST PART OF READING CLASS WAS VIDEO TAPING THE VOCABULARY WORDS AND THE WORST PART OF READING WAS THE POEMS. I DIDN'T LIKE THE POEMS BECAUSE IT'S HARD TO MEMORIZE A POEM AND THEN HAVE TO SAY IT WITH LOTS OF EXPRESSION AND ON TOP OF THAT YOU HAVE TO SAY IT IN FRONT OF THE CLASS.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 09:39 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 32

I never thought he was a selfish guy i thought he was a stupid guy but with the decision he has made i am starting to think stupid is just his cover story. I mean in the beginning and the middle of the story he was always clueless up until now. But i do think he might still be a bit selfish and stupid because he is probably only refusing to take the foam out because he doesnt want to blow HIMSELF up. :)

I THINK Jack has changed in the most positive way because in the beginning Jack was very focused on himself and he thought nobody could beat him. Like when Isadora beat him at throwing newspapers he was kinda jealous but now he is pretty easy going and willing to ask for help like when he needed help on fixing the space ship he went and he asked for it.

I think funni has changed in the most negative way because in the beginning of the story he was funny and kind but ever since xaafuun bit off his arm he has been really wanting to beat xaafuun. Like when he said oh i dont care what xaafuun said if the humans are dead when i bring them to her then so be it.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 07:51 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

I think i would change the title because the doom machine isn't exactly bad so i would name the story the space age refrigerator. I would name it the space age refrigerator because that title does not imply that the machine is exactly bad it just implies that the machine could be troublesome to you. :)

My favorite story we have read so far is charles. My least favorite is the marble champ.

I like charles because it was very funny and i did not like the marble champ because the stories lesson was good but it was to childish the story sounded like it was meant for a kindergartener to read and we are in 5th grade and we are in the highest level reading class so i think we should start reading harder stories like the one we are reading now.

Article posted March 15, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

I think the humans wont escape because in the story funny says he is going to take a whole bunch of people into the snowy mountains so one of them is bound to survive and take the humans. But I do think the humans might escape because they could cause an avalanche.....and they did.

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 09:00 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 33

i think jack is the leader, isadora is the follower and joe is the idea generator. I think jack is the leader because in the story he is always the one to stay behind and he is the one who takes all the real blows because in the story he got wacked by a snake stick and if he hadnt had been the one to get wacked by a snake stick then one of the others could have been wacked. i think isadora is the follower because she hasnt done anything for the group. i think joe is the idea generator because hes the one who always decides what they are going to do.

1st i think that scho didn't change at all

and 2nd i think that Charles changed a little bit because he went from a bad boy who was getting away with everything to a little kid in 1st grade who had been caught lying. i don't think gonta changed at all either because in the beginning of the story he was someone who was stealing for a good reason and at the end of the story he was still a good person and he payed back everything he had stolen. i definitely think the little tailor changed because he went from a nice person buying jam to a greedy king who didn't want to give up his title 7 at 1 blow.i think Claude changed from a man who didn't believe in the green man and didn't like the legend to being the green man himself a kind person.i think the Claude changed the most because he went from being a king to the green man who lives in the forest and scavenges for food.

I think killing the octopus may hurt them in the future. I think this because its friends,family, and children could try to find them and kill them for revenge. i know that there are multiple octopuses on arboria

because jack and isadora and joe have seen more than 1 octopus.Xx

I think so far Isadora is the best character because she knows pretty much everything and she is athletic.I know she knows a lot because she is always giving extra information and her mom is a scientist and i know she is athletic because when they were climbing the grand canyon it was easy for her.