Copyright (c) 2014 by RS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RS -- Blogmeister

Rachel's Writing World

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by RS

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

2011-2012 Hopes and Dreams Narrative
One of my hopes and dreams this year was to read 45 novels. I accomplished this goal and got past it by 30 by reading a lot on car trips, school breaks, during math and on weekends. This goal was also accomplished because I got to go to the library and pick out lots of books that interested me. If I liked the book I was reading and found it hard to put down I found more time to read.

Another one of my hopes and dreams was to expand my vocabulary. I have accomplished this by finding words I don’t know in my books and writing them down, then using them for Word Work. I also looked through the dictionary and using them for Word Work also. Then I would try to use those words more often. I found out that dictionaries have a lot of interesting words and other people can benefit from hearing other people use complicated words and learning what they mean. Also, complicated words make me feel powerful. That’s a good thing.

The last of my goals I’m going to talk about is that I wanted to be a better soccer player. This year I have really practiced hard and tried my best to get better. Last summer I would practice soccer every day in my backyard for 30 minutes and have practices four times a week. I think this had really helped me get better. This summer I plan to work extra hard to get better so I can have a good tryout and feel more confident.

I have just shared three of my hopes and dreams/ goals for this year and how I have accomplished them and/or are going to keep working on them. Hopefully I will accomplish some of my other goals too.

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM • comment • Reads 50 • see all articles

My name is Rachel. I am ten yeas old and in fifth grade at Nettleton. I have four chickens as pets and love to play soccer.