Copyright (c) 2014 by RS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RS -- Blogmeister

Rachel's Writing World

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by RS

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

Darwin

I seriously don’t know what my father’s problem is. I have to go off in search of this girl that fell asleep. Everyone falls asleep. Why would I be the one to wake her up? We had gotten a call a few days ago from this super model that had this adopted daughter that had this curse. That’s all I know. I guess I should be happy she is this rich lady, but I don’t really want to save her. My father insists that I save her though. He has a thing for rich people.
When we pulled up to the mansion, I was amazed. This lady wasn’t rich. Rich was a dirty word to describe what I saw. She was wealthy. Don’t ask me how the two words are different, I don’t know words are different, I don’t know. The golden pillars pretty much gave it away.
My father rushed me out of the car. At the door we found a beautiful woman that looked like she was about to scream. Actually, she did scream. She screamed and pulled my father’s arm. He hushed her with his dazzling white smile (he was a toothpaste commercial model) and she shakily got to her feet.
“She’s upstairs,” the woman said. “Oh I’ve tried everything. Is this your son?” She asked, looking right at me. I must have blushed, but I was used to being known as Blake Sonka’s son. Everyone knows him.
“This is my son Darwin,” my father said, pushing me forward. He always said I was the most important thing in his life, and I could hear pure pride in his voice.
The woman sized me up like she was looking at a dog she was thinking about adopting. Then she grabbed my hand and ran me up a beautiful spiral staircase, my dad huffing up behind me.
She led me into an upstairs bedroom. There was a girl in a puffy pink dress sprawled on an unmade bed. The woman pulled me over to the bed.
“I’m Camilla,” the woman said. “This is my daughter Alia.” She spoke in a rushed soft tone. “All you need to do is figure out her phone’s pass code and she will wake up. Please help me!”
I looked at the girl. Alia, Camilla had told me her name was. I like the name Alia. Though the girl way too much makeup on, she was kinda pretty.
My dad came up behind me. He was out of breath and panting. I told him he should work out more.
“What are you waiting for Darwin?” he asked. “Camilla, bring out the phone!”
Camilla brought out your regular Smartphone. I had one of those in my collection. I had also broken into a lot of my father’s devices before, so I was feeling pretty confident.
Although when Camilla handed me the phone I felt a large weight in my hand. My mind went blank. What was happening?
My father caught me as I fell. I saw his worried face, and then everything went black.

Look for part 12!

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM • comment • Reads 70 • see all articles

My name is Rachel. I am ten yeas old and in fifth grade at Nettleton. I have four chickens as pets and love to play soccer.