Copyright (c) 2014 by RS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RS -- Blogmeister

Rachel's Writing World

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by RS

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

Sleeping Not So Beautiful part 6
I felt my face turning red as she said that, but I hugged her back. As soon as we stopped hugging, she ordered all her servants to stop what they were doing. She needed to have an emergency meeting in the great hall.
Once everyone was assembled, I turned to go to my room. I didn’t really want to hear my future being planned out all over again, though I was sure This future would be better than my grandma had set up for me.
However, Camilla grabbed my sleeve and forced into a chair, insisting that I should be able to pick out my savior. I wasn’t sure I needed a savior, so as soon as Camilla found a rich guy, I was happy with him. But to Camilla, he wasn’t rich enough. We spent about two hours looking through the phone books and calling to ask if business owners would be willing to give their sons up for a few hours. Since she was an amazingly pretty and rich super model, everyone agreed with her. We ended up spending another hour going through all of the possible. It was actually Camilla who picked my future. She decided on a guy with half a billion dollars and a brainy-ac for a son. Camilla danced me around the room and sang.
“Oh he will be perfect for you I just know it! And if you like him a lot he can stay with us for a long time, and maybe someday you’ll be married!” Camilla did a little jig at the prospect of me getting married to such a rich person. I wasn’t so enthusiastic. I think this guy sounded super stuck-up and for the marriage part, GROSS! I hadn’t thought Camilla would get so involved with my future.
After that little catastrophe, I trudged up the spiral staircase, no swing in my step. If you have ever tried trudging up a spiral staircase, it is no easy task.
I flopped on my bed and sighed. Then I grabbed my phone and started playing my favorite game.

Look for part 7!

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM • comment • Reads 47 • see all articles

My name is Rachel. I am ten yeas old and in fifth grade at Nettleton. I have four chickens as pets and love to play soccer.