Copyright (c) 2014 by DP Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
DP -- Blogmeister

Davis's Blog of Epicness

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by DP

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

Attention getter

Fuzzy

Really big

Overly awesome

More awesome

Impossible

Chicago bulls

Hats

Epic

Amazing

Lame, never

Jordan

OMG

Retired

Dislikes Lakers

Air Jordan

Nike

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 07:04 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 52

I was watching TV with my friend Bill the llama when I heard a knock at the door, I told Bill that I would get it so I went over to the door and opened it up and all I saw was a note and a muffin basket so I took them into my kitchen and I opened up the note and I read it, It said Hello I’ve taken your friend Bill and if you want him back meet me at the fire lobster bar at 7:00 sharp P.S. hope you enjoy the muffin basket! After I read that note I said to myself how could they have taken Bill he sitting on the couch in the living room? I walked in to the living room to check on Bill and when I got to the living room Bill wasn’t on the couch. When I saw that Bill wasn’t on the couch I panicked and ran screaming around the living room and Just as I stopped screaming and running Bill came out of the bathroom and when he came out of the bathroom I felt so relieved. He said to me that he was getting a drink from the sink and that he came out to see what all the screaming was about I told him that I thought some evil thing had taken you away. That’s when I heard another knock at the door I went over to open the door and again there was nothing but a note this time the note said, Forget about that first note I sent you, it was a little misleading yeah it said that I already took away Bill but I have not taken away Bill but I will in about 3 seconds wait for it… O.k. now I have taken Bill so if you want him back meet me fire lobster bar at 7:00. Sincerely the guy that took Bill. Oh no I never thought that I would be in this type of situation, so I guess I’ll have to wait till 7:00. When it was 6:55 I got in to my car and headed to fire lobster bar when I got there it was exactly 7:00 so I walked in and looked around for Bill and that’s when I spotted him tied against the wall with three babies circling him. When I saw that I rushed over and tackled all three babies and yelled why are you doing this to Bill! Bye that time everyone in the bar was looking at me and the babies so I told them I was just having a friendly wrestling tournament with these babies and that they should go back to what they were doing before I interrupted them. After I cleared all that up I got back to the babies and I asked the babies why they were doing this to Bill they replied “We thought it would be fun to steal a llama’’ and I said “YOU STOLE HIM BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN!’’ I yelled at them and once again all the people in the bar were looking at me again and I had to explain that I was just being friendly, and after that got done I tried to bribe the babies in to giving Bill back so I took a quarter out of my pocket and told the babies it was all the money in the world and they fell for it they gave me Bill back and I gave them the quarter and I drove Bill back home so all and all it was a pretty weird day but at least I got Bill back, for now… The End

What I’m thankful for…

• I’m thankful for the sound of a buzzer at a basketball game.

• I’m thankful for the smell of pie cooking in my oven.

• I’m thankful for the feel of landing on my back when I do a flip.

• I’m thankful for the joy of winning a basketball game.

• I’m thankful for the sounds of basketballs being dribbled.

• I’m thankful for when my dog Lily chases soccer balls in my backyard.

• I’m thankful for when my other dog tootsie barks at squirrels out the window.

• I’m thankful for the sound of the crowd cheering when you score a goal in soccer.

• I’m thankful for the games of NBA jam me and my brother played on our wii.

• I’m thankful for the sound of pencil on paper when I’m drawing.

• I’m thankful for the squeak of shoes on a basketball court.

• I’m thankful for when me and my brother Grant play soccer in our backyard.

• sI’m thankful for the vacations my family takes me on.

• I’m thankful for waking up on Christmas morning.

Take a look at your plate, now look at me, now look at your plate, what did you see? If you saw unhealthy foods and no fruit or veggies, then you should think about having a healthier plate and this essay will show you how. Did you know that 33.6 (25 million) percent of kids in the USA are obese; now take a look at what you should have on your plate.

One quarter of your plate should be grains which is about the size of a B. O.B CD and another one fourth of your plate should protein (meat, fish etc.) which is about the size of a box of eight crayons, and the remaining half of your plate should always be fruits and veggies which is about the size of a yo-yo and a baseball. You should also have sixty four oz. of water a day which is eight eight oz. glasses a day. Also cut down on sugary drinks like pop, instead drink milk and water also cut down on slushies and milk shakes. When ordering fast food don’t supersize things settle for a regular size taco, Burrito or burger. Also order veggie pizza and garden burgers, they have veggies in them and they still taste good. Instead of ordering breaded or deep fried chicken order grilled chicken because it’s lower in calories and less fattening. When deciding between apple sauce and real fruit choose the real fruit because it has almost the same taste and it has less calories. You also have to exercise; you should at least get 60 minutes of exercise a day and limit your screen time to two hours a day. So stay healthy and don’t watch too much TV. End

Article posted October 12, 2011 at 07:12 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 51

My goal is to get better at drawing by working on it a lot.

My goal is to get to 6th grade by working hard in 5th grade.

My goal is to get better at long division by taking time and looking at it.

My goal is to get better at basketball by going to gyms and courts and practicing a lot.

My goal is to get better at long multiplication by doing a lot of it.

My goal is to turn in every page of work this year.

My goal is to make a lot of new friends this year.

My goal is to get better at carrying numbers.

My goal is to make it through the whole math magician.

My goal is to get better at soccer by working at it hard

Forestry Field day. You’ll never look at the words field day the same again…

So like the other day we like totally went to the HARTLEY NATURE CENTER!!! We went there for forestry field day and learned about all kinds of stuff so in this “story” I’ll tell you what I did. First we went to tree id where they gave us a baby tree and we took observations of it, our tree (me, Popo and Christian) had a soft stem and dried up leaves.

Next we went to a place in the woods where we learned about animals that damage trees. We looked at tree “cookies” and examined how old they were. We learned that some animals that damage trees were sapsuckers, porcupines and beavers.

Next we went into the woods where we felt sand, clay and silt (flower). The sand felt grainy and the clay felt thick and also the silt felt powder.

Now we had lunch. Lunch was good.

Next we Saw a guy Saw wood (see what I did there). The guys name was Bob he had to put on lots of equipment like goggles, steel toe boots and gloves. He wore goggles because he didn’t want the wood shavings to go in his eyes, he wore steel toe boots in case any logs fell on his foot, he wore gloves because he didn’t want any splinters. After he got ready he cut wood with a big loud machine. He said it was going to be very loud but it wasn’t.

Next we went to a place where a woman showed us very interesting things including a furry beaver pelt and dry skeletons.

The last place we went to was a dirty road where a guy Demonstrated things about forest fires. He showed us a water tool that sprayed stuff it was called a polasky. He also showed us a tarp that people hid in when it was going on.

That was what I did on… FORESTRY FIELD DAY!!!!

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 04:03 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 63

Wazzup! Do you want to know about me!? I know ya do! So I’ll tell you about me, what I collect, my family, my hobbies, my sports and last but not least, what I eat! So let’s go!!

First is what I collect which is basketball cards and basketball jerseys. I started collecting basketball cards on a dark and stormy night, I’m just kidding I got some basketball cards for my 8th birthday from my friend Gabe and after that I started liking and collecting them. Now I have over 1,000 basketball cards. Now is how I started collecting basketball jerseys. I started collecting basketball jerseys when I got my first one from my dad when he got back from Michigan; it was a LeBron James Cleveland one. As of right now I have 3 jerseys LeBron James Cleveland, Johnny Flinn Timberwolves and LeBron James Miami.

That was what I collect, now on to my family and pets. For my family I have a sister named Celine, I have a brother named Grant, my mom’s name is Nam and my dad’s name is Peter. My sister is 16 years old, my brother is 8 years old, my mom is 42 years old and my dad is 46 years old. Now on to my pets. I have 4 pets 2 dogs and 2 cats. My dog’s names are tootsie and lily. Tootsie is our pug and she is 4 years old and Lily is our Boston terrier and she is 1 year old. We also have 2 cats Tiger and cookie, I don’t really know what breed of cat they are but I do know that they’re both 11. We used to kinda have a beta fish but ya know he kinda um died.

Yeah, that was my pets and family and stuff, so the next stop in this tour is my HOBBIES! I basically have 3 main hobbies, Basketball, soccer and collecting (which you can read about in the first paragraph). I like basketball because you can get a lot of exercise and I’m really epic at it. I like to play soccer because again you can run a lot and I’m epic at it. I also like soccer because I’m on a team (Chester Park) with all my friends. I also collect stuff (which you can read about in the first paragraph.

So that was my hobbies so now on to my Sports! I play basketball for the DAYBA basketball association. Last year I played for the grey team, we had an undefeated season, winning the championship then going to the state tournament and getting 4th place and a big shiny trophy. My favorite basketball team is the Miami heat. They are Epic because they have the big three which are LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade. My top 5 favorite NBA players are 1: LeBron James 2: Andre Igoudala 3: Dwayne wade 4: Vince Carter and 5: JJ Hickson. I also play soccer for the Chester park lancers. Our teams best games were when we beat piedmont 12-1 and when we beat woodland 8-0. Our worst game was when we lost to Superior 6-0. My personal best game was the piedmont game. I scored 6 goals. Also this had been my best season I scored 21 goals in all of the games combined. My team had 7 wins 6 losses and 1 tie.

That was my sports now on to the last part of my tour MY FOOD! I like to eat. Some of my favorite foods are Bacon, more bacon and bacon, just kidding; they are bacon, tacos, nachos, Canadian bacon and pizza. I also like to drink stuff. I love Gatorade, It’s awesome because it tastes awesome and it gets me really energized. My fave flavors are fruit punch, glacier freeze, grape, lemon lime and orange. I also like soda a.k.a pop. My favorite kinds are dr. pepper, mountain dew, root beer, coke and sprite.

Peace ya’ll I’m outta here.

(P.s bye)

YO, my name is Davis. My favorite sports are basketball and soccer. My favorite basketball player is LeBron James. That's a few things about me.