Copyright (c) 2014 by JH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JH -- Blogmeister

John's blog

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by JH

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

Haiku 03/12/12
Limerick 03/09/12
Persuasive Letter 03/08/12
My Grandpa's Farm 12/07/11
Hopes and Dreams 10/12/11
Field Trip 10/12/11
All About Me 10/06/11

What am I haiku

I’m a black system

That can be carried around

I can search the web

What am I haiku

I am a black box

That has a big bright screen

That can play movies

Hunting haiku

We walk through the woods

The partridge was big and round

It spooks at our sight

I knew a young guy named cat

He really wanted a hat

Went to a store

To get a door

But then he got a bat

There was a young man named guy

He was really trying to fly

Went to a stream

To catch his dream

As he found himself up in the sky

Mom and Dad,

I think should get into hockey because I would like it. I wanted to get into hockey for a long time.

One reason for me to join hockey is that I wouldn’t be so hyper. The coaches would run me down and I would lose all my energy by skating. This would help me not run around the house so much.

The second reason for me to join hockey is I won’t play video games as much. I would have a lot of hockey games. I would be focused on hockey so I wouldn’t have any time to play video games.

Sincerely,

John

My grandpa’s farm is the best place in the whole world. When I am up there I ride four wheelers. When I ride four wheelers with my dad we sneak up on animals. One time my dad and I were really close to wild turkeys on the four wheelers. I also like to go hunting at my grandpa’s farm. One time I was hunting with my dad and my cousin. That time I shot two squirrels. I also like to play in my grandpa’s sand box. I have my own fort in the sand box. One time I lit a smoke grenade and throw it in my fort and ran to my grandma and said “I lit my fort on fire”. My grandma really thought I lit my fort on fire. My cousin and I like the sand box. My cousin likes when the dog digs holes in the sand box. I don’t like when the dog digs holes in the sand box because the holes go in to my fort. Sometimes my cousin and I play army in the sand box or we play a game where we pretend where hunting. In the winter time my dad drags my cousin and I in a sled behind my snowmobile. In the winter time we also make a sledding hill going down my fort. my grandpa’s is a awesome place. The end.

• I want to get better at division by practicing division at home and at school.

• I want to get better at multiplication. Will accomplish this by practicing multiplication at home and at school.

• I want to get in to the spelling b by getting good grades on my spelling tests.

• I want to get better at my spelling test by studying the spelling words. I will study at home and at school.

• I want to read 30 minutes a day. I can accomplish this by writing when I read on a calendar.

Today I went on a field trip to hartley. The first thing we did was go and look at trees the tree my team and I looked at a tree that had pokey needles and little buds. Then we went to a bridge and seen minnows. Then we went to this place where this guy told us how to tell the age of a tree. Then we heard a red squirrel. Then we went to the saw mill. At the saw mill the guy showed us how to load the logs and he showed us how to cut the log. Then we went to something that told us about soil. Then we went to lunch. Then we went to a place that had sculls and hides of animals. Then we went to a guy that fights forest fires. He showed us what would happen if you took away the oxygen from a fire. Then we went back to school. The best part was when we went on the bridge and seen the minnows. The end

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 04:01 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 170

My name is John and this narrative is about me. I am going to tell you about me.

My favorite food is venison (venison is deer meat). I like venison because my dad puts it in a crock pot with gravy, potatoes, and carrots. My second favorite food is ice cream. My favorite type of ice cream is Gone Fishing. I like Gone Fishing because I like the little chocolate fish and the caramel. My third favorite food is pizza. My favorite type of pizza is pepperoni. I make my own pizza. I like eating pepperoni pizza at home.

My favorite sport is baseball. My favorite position in baseball is outfield. I like outfield because I like catching pop-flies. Pop-flies are when someone hit’s the ball way in the air. One day I was playing a baseball game. Then I was up to bat. I hit the ball in to the outfield. I ran to second base. Then my teammate hit the ball into the outfield. Then I ran to home base and scored a point. The next three guys got struck out. Then I was pitcher. I struck out two guys and caught one guy out and that was the game.

My favorite hobby is hunting. One time my dad and I went hunting. That day I shot two squirrels. One day I went partridge hunting with my dad. Partridge is a bird. That day my dad shot two partridge.

That is some stuff about me.

My name is John. I am ten years old.