Copyright (c) 2014 by JC Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JC -- Blogmeister

Jacob's Radical Blog

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by JC

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

Hey, Mr. Monson,

I personally think that less homework is a great idea. I think the rest of my classmates would agree too, am I right?!

One reason I think we should have a bit less homework is that those kids that have something after that goes late at night, for instance, my friend takes martial arts lessons and those go go to 8:30 at night and I think it would stink to have to come home and do homework. Most kids are tired and want to go to bed.

Another reason is that some kids can’t do the homework because it’s hard for them. Most of the time if the kid doesn’t know the answer the parents won’t know the answer either. For instance, The week by week you give us every week is really hard for me and my mom doesn’t know the stuff so she can’t help me. And I’m positive parents don’t want to go back to 5th grade to learn this stuff!

My last reason is KIDS NEED SLEEP! If you give kids a bucket load of homework due Friday, because of other stuff they need to get done they only have half of it done by Friday night. There up all night doing it, so… they don’t get enough sleep. Kids also need sleep to concentrate in school. They will probably behave better if they get more sleep, And hey maybe we will learn more. So my point is KIDS NEED SLEEP!

There are some of the main reasons why we shouldn’t have SO much homework.
I mean gosh… we need to have fun!

Your student,
Jacob

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 02:56 PM • comment • Reads 106 • see all articles

Hi, I'm Jacob and I'm the one writing the stuff in this blog but I bet you knew that. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!