Copyright (c) 2014 by JC Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JC -- Blogmeister

Jacob's Radical Blog

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by JC

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

My hopes and dreams narrative

This is a personal narrative about my hopes and dreams of the 2011-12 school year I have three different goals, dreams, and/or hopes.

My first hope was to make new friends and learn new skills to help me make new friends. I made a decent amount of new friends and learn new skills that will carry me on through life and help me when I am having trouble with friends in the future, I think of this goal as a lifetime goal and that I will always throughout life be learning new skills and making a lot more friends and I hope to at the age of 25 to have 25 true friends and who knows maybe I’ll get 25 friends earlier than the age of 25.

My third goal was to be able to do long division in my head without paper and I will admit it I completely forgot about this goal and since I forgot about it I never even tried to get to this goal so therefore I never did that goal but in the future I will do it I think I will do it in the 6th grade and then that goal will be accomplished.

My last but certainly not least was to be able to run a long distance without getting winded or lose my breath. This goal I accomplished and really had some fun in the process. I also got on the running club which was also a part of this goal and the running club is something my 5th grade teacher does and we train for a 5K and I ran the 5K without stopping and I was very proud of myself because I ran 3.1 miles in 32 minutes 50 seconds exactly, and this goal I also think this is a goal that I’m going to continue I hope to run more 5Ks and half marathons and I want to run at least 10 marathons and if my body can handle it 20 and then 30 and so on.

So the goals that I didn’t accomplish I have plans to accomplish them in the future and the goals that I did accomplish I will continue on through life

And That Is My Hopes And Dreams Narrative

Number 8

Why is number eight

Afraid of number seven

Because seven eight nine

I like my burgers big

I eat them like a pig

With ketchup I like

Without a fight

I like my burgers big

I like the green stuff

I want big numbers on them

You can get so much

I love it so much

A very nice milky treat

Better not steal it

Very very modern stuff

I can type and type all day

And with its own mouse

It helps me so much

With all the snow it carries

I can just relax

The pop music king

He loves the moonwalk dance move

Many many adore him

Hey, Mr. Monson,

I personally think that less homework is a great idea. I think the rest of my classmates would agree too, am I right?!

One reason I think we should have a bit less homework is that those kids that have something after that goes late at night, for instance, my friend takes martial arts lessons and those go go to 8:30 at night and I think it would stink to have to come home and do homework. Most kids are tired and want to go to bed.

Another reason is that some kids can’t do the homework because it’s hard for them. Most of the time if the kid doesn’t know the answer the parents won’t know the answer either. For instance, The week by week you give us every week is really hard for me and my mom doesn’t know the stuff so she can’t help me. And I’m positive parents don’t want to go back to 5th grade to learn this stuff!

My last reason is KIDS NEED SLEEP! If you give kids a bucket load of homework due Friday, because of other stuff they need to get done they only have half of it done by Friday night. There up all night doing it, so… they don’t get enough sleep. Kids also need sleep to concentrate in school. They will probably behave better if they get more sleep, And hey maybe we will learn more. So my point is KIDS NEED SLEEP!

There are some of the main reasons why we shouldn’t have SO much homework.

I mean gosh… we need to have fun!

Your student,

Jacob

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 07:36 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 50

Hi, I’m Jacob and these are my ideas for better schools and better communities. I got a comment on one of my postings that asked what I was going to do about peace and a better world. Well now I’m posting something in answer to that. My first idea is that we could form a group that could go out and pick up trash around the community. We could also help out or do fundraisers at local nursing homes, public kitchens, and animal shelters. I think that when bullying happens the bully is the real loser because bullying is a horrible thing. I have gone through it my friends have gone through it and I have seen it happening, and every time I see it I step in and stop it, or get an adult (teacher, parent, or someone you trust very well). I think that bullying is something that should be stopped, but I think that the regular advice that adults or people who haven’t been bullied before or even the bully give isn’t very good advice because almost every kid knows to walk away from a bully(witch by the way if they truly want to hurt you or make you sad doesn’t work), or tell them to stop(which makes them want to do it more), or tell an adult. Because that stuff will not stop a true bully. I think that a kid that’s being bullied should go to a kid that has been bullied before, like me. Peace is something that’s not going to happen unless everybody, including you! Helps out with helping out and remember peace is something everybody can accomplish, Peace!!!!

Hi, I'm Jacob and I'm the one writing the stuff in this blog but I bet you knew that. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!