Conditions of Use
Essay of Healthiness
“Houston we have a problem” staying healthy has become a serious problem for kids so here is my essay, and my mission to get you informed da da da dum.
One of the problems we have is our portion plate. About 25million kids are overweight so to help stay healthy you can…
• You can have half of your plate designated to fruits and veggies( yummy broccoli )
• Then ¼ of it should be protein ( beans, chicken ,beef, turkey( should be sung to the tune of the ABCs ))
• And then the rest bread! Oh I mean grain oops!
At restraints the food tends to be less healthy so here are some pointers to eating healthier! There too!
• When eating at places like McDonalds and burger king try to skip “ the triple stacker king size and go for the plain burger( boring, I know but it’s worth it )
• Soda is a uncalled for extra 140 calories so leave it alone and go for juice of milk ( milk is a good source of calcium , if your bones could talk they would sing you praises )
• Skip the fries if you can of split them but remember they may taste good but they arnt your best friend!!!
Type two diabetes is a record high among children so to keep 5the number from rising do your best to cut back on filler foods such as cookies , chips , pop , and candy before meals and just in general!
Try to eat a rainbow of foods tan foods potatoes and other no colorful foods do not make a colorful rainbow (at all!)
Well I hope I completed my mission! And that you learned a lot!
(it sounds cheesy but hey who cares !)
Article posted January 9, 2012 at 01:00 PM •
comment • Reads 299
see all articles
About the Blogger
My name is Abbie. I like to read and write. I have 2 cats and chickens! I enjoy swimming and playing soccer and down hill skiing.