Copyright (c) 2014 by AA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AA -- Blogmeister

Abbie's Abmormally Absurd Awesomeness

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by AA

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

I am from a family of fun loving, bread baking, joking, writing, people. My mom is going back to college at Hamline University in Minneapolis, she is getting a masters degree in writing so she can teach writing at colleges. She grew up in Winslow Maine with an older brother and a mother who hated humane oils on the furniture. Dad is known in the city of Duluth as the “bread man” for the phenomenal bread he bakes. Using his skill and the 12 loafs of bread he makes the barters for things like granola, haircuts, and coffee.

Some people say that I have 8 pets (2 cats 6 chickens) but I say I have 9 because I have a little brother! Milo is 8 years old and in 3rd grade so he is two years younger than me. He likes lawn gnomes, history documentaries and the stock market and all things business. My parents and I think his long term goal is to rule the world.

I have 6 chickens their names are, Buffy the raccoon slayer, Pip squeak, Marshmallow, Dusty and the chicks Barney and Barbie. I also have two cats Minou, she is a tabby and is kind of fat, and Newfie who is all black and getting friendlier as she gets older. They are very sweet but can be very fierce we have gotten good at avoiding them when they’re claws are out they are really sharp! We also used to have a man eating fish named Big Scary Fish; he ate the other fish in his tank. But he went to a better home where there were a lot more fish to eat.

Some of my favorite hobbies are reading, writing, beading and acting. I like reading historic fiction, historic, fantasy and realistic fiction. These are the kinds of things I like to write, too. I like beading lots of things like necklaces and bracelets. I have been in a few plays at Teatro Zuccone such as “Fezziwigs Feast” and the “Cranes Wife”.

I have a list of things that I want to be when I grow up. I want to be a writer! I am full of ideas. I want to be a history teacher, I find history so interesting. I also want to be a genealogist, because it is also so exciting. I also want to be an an actress so I can be on stage.

I am am amateur radio operator (or a ham radio operator whatever you want to call it) that means I can talk to people on the radio. I put my license into action this summer at grandma’s marathon. My father also had a license. We drove down to the 16-mile mark of the race to go with another guy to set up the radios and contact the First Aid if help was needed. I was the one to talk to the First Aid about a hypothermic case we had!

Once a year we go to Maine to see my grandmother and grandfather, Memére and Pepére (pronounced like Mem-may and Pep-pay). They speak French and can’t pronounce our last name to save their lives! In Maine we swim and say hi to all our relatives on my mom’s side. We even see some of her high school friends.

I do three sports: soccer, judo and skiing. I play soccer for the Chester Park Lancers. I do Judo on First Street. I also ski at Chester with the rest of the family.
I hope you enjoyed learning all about me!

Article posted October 6, 2011 at 09:59 AM • comment (2) • Reads 73 • see all articles

My name is Abbie. I like to read and write. I have 2 cats and chickens! I enjoy swimming and playing soccer and down hill skiing.