Copyright (c) 2014 by SharkAttack17 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SharkAttack17 -- Blogmeister

Welcome to my Webpage! I'm a lonewolf so I don't do many cooperations.-

We are Mr. Brune's 5th Grade at Mamaroneck Avenue School in Mamaroneck, NY, USA!

by SharkAttack17 teacher: MAS 5B 2011 - 2012
i-Prints 05/11
Miro 05/11
Final Pioneer Diary Entry 05/10
Poetry 04/24
Inquiry 03/25
Return to the Moon 03/11
Literary Essay 01/12
Self Portraits 10/21
Sculpture 12/02
Revision 11/22
School Report 10/31
Personal Narrative 10/26
A True Story From Your Life 10/21
Independent Writing 10/21

Hey, everyone! Today I'll be showing some guitar tips and tricks and how to play some chords blues proggessions!

First, get a guitar. Obviously acoustic or electric will be fine, but for blues and chords I recommend electric and for folk songs acoustic is good.

Second, get a pic. If you don't know what a pic is, it's an easier way to play and best for chords. It looks like this:

(ACTUAL SIZE)

I recommend the smallest pick for double picking. (You can go up, down, up, down, not just down, down, down, down.)

Next, a good chord to learn. First is G chord. It's a good way to tune your guitar. Or buy a tuner. It looks like this:

To do a G chord, put your fingers in this position: Use your first and second and third and fingers for G:

There are 6 strings on the guitar, each with it's own sound. (You probably knew that, but I'm just reviewing for new muscians.) It's High E, B, G, D, A, and Low E. You can remeber it by using this: Elephants, Birds, Giraffes, Dine, At, Evening. Once you got that chord in your brain and your fingers are used to it you can use that for most songs.

Next, Tabs! Tabs are an easier way of reading notes. These are tabs. They tell you where to put your finger.

But we're going to teach you how to read notes. If you play any other instrument, for example piano, trumpet, ETC., that's great! Then you probably already know how to read notes just in a different key. If you don't know how, I'll tell you in the next part.

Article posted January 17, 2012 at 09:28 AM • comment • Reads 60 • see all articles