Copyright (c) 2014 by HorseBackRider1 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HorseBackRider1 -- Blogmeister

HorseBackRider1-

We are Mr. Brune's 5th Grade at Mamaroneck Avenue School in Mamaroneck, NY, USA!

by HorseBackRider1 teacher: MAS 5B 2011 - 2012
i-Prints 05/11
Miro 05/11
Final Pioneer Diary Entry 05/10
Poetry 04/24
Inquiry 03/25
Return to the Moon 03/11
Literary Essay 01/12
Self Portraits 10/21
Sculpture 12/02
Revision 11/22
School Report 10/31
Personal Narrative 10/26
A True Story From Your Life 10/21
Independent Writing 10/21

Article posted June 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 96

Fadel’s Journal

I was born July 31st, 2004 at a gas station in downtown Marico. I two sisters named Fateen and Fatween. Their births are January 45th, 1995 and April 99th, 1999. My mum is 132 and my dud is 123. (I think.) I have dog named bike and a bike that I named dog. My sister Fatween has a cat named Fetwah who ate my poor bike and there was blood on my bed, so now my bed is zee color of red. I sleep with a princess blankie my mum knitted me when she was 20. I was not even born yet but my dud wanted a boy to play zee zees with. (Whatever that is.) I has a very confusing life! My dud so skinny he come home from work at eight. My mum so lazy that she no take me to Game Stop. She say game too much money so you save money. Here is my awesome song to end my awesome journal writing:

My name is Fadel

pom pom pom pom

My sisters are Fateen and Fatween

pom pom pom pom

My mum is so lazy

pom pom pom pom

And my dad is so skinny

pom pom pom pom

And that is awesome zong

pom pom

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 37

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 02:20 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 39

What day is it??

Since leaving my home in Sweden, I have sometimes regretted going to Oregon. I really doubt we’re gonna' make it. There have been many things on the trail that were bad, but our wagon train dealt with it. Minnie lost her husband and her supplies. My husband got bit by a rattle snake and I lost most of my animals. Some good things also happened! Clarence and Christina got married, and they are about to have a little baby child. We lost a lot of water and then it rained so much we had too much water. A lot of different things happened a long the trail.

Many memorable things happened along the trail. As you know, Christina and Clarence got married and are about to have a baby. Also Marie just gave birth to her little baby. It’s such a wonderful sight to see her baby playing and laughing. She is the cutest thing. Oh, now I remember, Clarence and Christina just got his ring like five minutes ago! I don’t really have a good memory!

My wagon train and I decided to go off the path and around the mountains and trees and into Hacker’s Valley. Marie didn’t agree, but she signed it! So, HA Marie! I usually get my way with decisions, but I’m not really so sure about our decision anymore. Fate is making me pretty nervous about our decision. Fate acts like we’re gonna' die, and when I think about it I think we might! I really do hope we don’t die! Maybe I should’ve done what Irene Brown convinced her wagon to do which is stay in Paradise. Well, I guess we won’t know who’s right until Oregon!

I expect we will die because of Fate! Thanks a lot Fate! Fate has made me so nervous about our decision. Then again, if we get to Oregon I can tell Fate that I was right! Even though I believe Fate more than I believe that we will get to Oregon. I hope that we get to Oregon so my animals can eat the lush green grass and drink the sweet water. I hope that we can build a house made out of wood that is warm and cozy for the winter.

My advice for future pioneers is always go on the safe trails because you always know you will be safe. Whatever or not you do, don’t use weapons for everything because it usually ends up bad. Try to escape as many fates as you can because usually they are bad! Remember I said usually the fates are bad. That doesn’t mean always. Remember your wagon members may not always be nice, and you should try to get along with them because you are stuck with them until Oregon! I hope you survive, future pioneer!

I do hope we get to Oregon, but I seriously doubt it!

Best Wishes,

Laura Swanson

Article posted April 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 38

http://collaborate.mamkschools.org/mas/grade5/audio/EmmaWatsonshow.pps

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 02:10 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 38

http://collaborate.mamkschools.org/mas/grade5/audio/pioneernames_matching.htm

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 08:58 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 39

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83951220@N00/6963438862/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/83951220@N00/6963438862/" title="falling poem by MAS5, on Flickr">falling poem

Article posted March 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 35

The Three Queens Travel the Classroom!

Staring:

Narrator: sharkman

Queen Fifi: basketballgirl

Queen Mosic: horsebackrider#1

Queen Gee: horse29

Ripper: Cat

Narrator

The three queens travel the world looking for the golden cat named Ripper. They search day and night, and they will hopefully find the cat.

Queen Fifi

Have you found the cat yet my queenies?

Queen Mosic

Not yet, all I found was a person without a body!

Queen Gee

Is it, like, safe? Hey, like, I think I found it! Is it, like, supposed to be, like, this? Or, like, did it have spinach last night?

Queen Mosic

I think it did!

Queen Fifi

I can’t find it!

Queen Gee

Hey! Like I think I, like, got it! Is it supposed to, like, have white sticking out the top?

Queen Mosic

Ya, I think so!

Queen Fifi

Let's keep searching. I don’t think it is the gold cat.

Queen Gee

I think I really found it this time, and I found its head.

Queen Fifi

No, I bet it’s one of the junky old things you keep finding that you call a golden cat.

Queen Mosic

No, I really think she found it!

Queen Gee

Ya, come, like, look and, like, check it out.

Queen Gee and Queen Mosic (chanting): We found it.

Queen Fifi

Girls, girls, be quiet. Let me see the name tag on the cat.

Queen Gee Queen Mosic (chanting):

Is it the right one?

Queen Fifi

Fine, girls, go home now. We have FAILED our mission. This cat’s name is Duke. See you all next year.

Article posted February 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 39

Click below to try the Animal Crossword!

http://collaborate.mamkschools.org/mas/grade5/audio/theanimalcrosswordpuzzle.htm

Made with Hot Potatoes!

Article posted February 28, 2012 at 02:50 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 69

Pluto

Pluto is one of the most interesting planets I know. Pluto was discovered by Clyde Tombaugh in 1930. In 2006, Pluto was considered a dwarf planet, and it was considered the 9th planet in our solar system. Did you know that there is a probe expected to fly to Pluto in 2015? Pluto is a dwarf planet as you know, but there are also many other dwarf planets like Pluto. Their names are Ceres, Haumea, Makemake, Eris. Ceres was discovered in 1801 and considered the largest asteroid. Eris is the same size as Pluto and it is considered the 10th planet. Pluto is light brown with dark brown swirly stripes. It is composed of rock and ice and is covered with frozen methane. It also has a small atmosphere of nitrogen. Here are some other facts about Pluto: Its diameter is 1,460 miles. The temperature is probably 385 degrees. Pluto’s distance from the sun is 3,670,050,000. As you can see Pluto is a very important part in our solar system.

Picture of Pluto

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 36

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83951220@N00/6807057307/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/83951220@N00/6807057307/" title="Ashleys Bad Day by MAS5, on Flickr">Ashleys Bad Day

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83951220@N00/6792899268/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/83951220@N00/6792899268/" title="a picure of ashley by MAS5, on Flickr">a picure of ashley