Copyright (c) 2014 by HorseBackRider1 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HorseBackRider1 -- Blogmeister

HorseBackRider1-

We are Mr. Brune's 5th Grade at Mamaroneck Avenue School in Mamaroneck, NY, USA!

by HorseBackRider1 teacher: MAS 5B 2011 - 2012
i-Prints 05/11
Miro 05/11
Final Pioneer Diary Entry 05/10
Poetry 04/24
Inquiry 03/25
Return to the Moon 03/11
Literary Essay 01/12
Self Portraits 10/21
Sculpture 12/02
Revision 11/22
School Report 10/31
Personal Narrative 10/26
A True Story From Your Life 10/21
Independent Writing 10/21

Title: A True Story From Your Life (10/21/11)
Description: True stories from our lives.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 02:38 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 261

One Sunday afternoon I was just watching TV with my dad, and we just decided to go to PLAYLAND. We even took my friend and his sister.

When we arrived there, I got exited. The line wasn’t long so we got in quickly. I was telling my dad, “Let's go on this one! Let's go on this one!” I even tried to pull him.

When we got in line, I got butterflies in my belly. After the ride, we went on another ride called Spaceship 2000. I’ts a really fun ride that spins. When I got off it I got DIZZY.

Then I told my dad to go on water rides with me. My dad and I went on the LOG FLUME which is a little water ride but not for little kids. MY dad and I got soaked. I was having so much fun.

I then went on a ride called Crazy Mouse. It makes hard turns. Lots of my friends say they went on the Crazy Mouse and get hurt because of the turns, but I don’t get hurt.

Then it was late and I had to leave. It was one of my best days ever.

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 02:34 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 77

One Friday morning at 5:00am my dad woke me up and said, ”We're going camping!" So I got up and got ready.

After, we left at 6:00am and got to Pennsylvania at 12:00pm. Then we had lunch. After we put the tents up and set up everything. After, we went to the pool to play and to the arcade. I couldn’t wait until nighttime because we where going to have s’mores.

The next day we ate breakfast. Then we went to play volleyball and went to the pool. After we went back to the campsite to eat some snacks and to relax. Then we showered and went to the park to play. After we had lunch and took a nap because we were tired.

When we woke up we walked around. Then we came back to eat dinner. Then we ate more s’more and went to sleep.

The next morning we ate breakfast then cleaned up and went back home.

“It was the best camping trip ever!”

Article posted September 26, 2011 at 06:52 PM GMT-5 • comment (5) • Reads 79

After school is over and summer starts I go to China. This year I went on the plane all by myself.

I met three other kids who were going to China by their selves. They all spoke English and Chinese. We both talked to each other for a really long time. Three hours passed and there were still nine hours or more left. So I was playing my iPod touch for like 30 minutes when the guy sitting asked me if could play. I said yes so he spent one hour playing on my iPod and wasted 50% of my batteries.

Later lunch came. I had pork with rice and a horrible cheesecake. Then the guy who I let play my iPod let me play his DS. His was fully charged so I barley wasted any of his batteries. After he and I finished bugging the person in front of us I let him watch a movie on my iPod touch. Before I knew it my iPod went dead. Bored to death, I fell asleep for what I thought was a three hours nap. I woke to find myself being woken up by the flight pilot. He said the plane ride to China was over.

I got my suit case and waited at the pick up area. Finally I saw my sister waving to me. I ran to her and gave her a big hug. Then I told all about how my flight going to China was really awesome.

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 09:44 AM GMT-5 • comment (7) • Reads 74

It was a bright, summer day on August 14. I was playing around in my room. I was 8 years old. My friend Jasmine was over my house for a sleepover when the phone rang and my dad screamed.

"Oh, MY GOD!”

Jasmine and I were scared.

“Jasmine, stay here. Let me see what's with my dad.”

I went into the living room, and I saw my dad's head buried in his hands.

“What's wrong daddy?”

“Your brother John was in a car accident on his way to his college. His mother Violet was driving (John is my half brother) and Natasha and Galando were also in the car.”

“Is John okay?”

“I’m afraid John might not make it.”

“What!?! Can I visit him?”

“No you have school.”

“Not until September 3rd.”

“Well, sorry sweetie, you will have nowhere to sleep because I will stay in John’s hospital room until he gets better.”

“Awh.”

For the nxt five days my Dad was traveling to Albany and back from the local bus tour in White Plains.

Then one Day my mom got a phone call from the Albany emergency room that my dad had been taken to the emergency room for having severe blood clots in his heart. So me, my mom, my cousin, his grandma, and his mother piled into my car and drove four hours to Albany emergency. My cousin Louie was playing his D.S and chewing on a churro. Four hours later we arrived at the hotel and put our stuff away and went across the street to the hospital. We visited my dad first. He was very energetic for someone with blood clots.

“Daddy, are you okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine but I won’t be able to go with you on the first day of school.”

I was very upset, but we had to leave because he needed his vaccine. Me and my mom went to my brother’s room. He was so still, and it seemed like he was dead. I gave him a card and something I made in art class. I left the hospital room and went to the park with my cousin and my friends Crystal and Daniel. We also went to the train station and went back to the hotel but this time we got checked in to a smaller hotel.

“Mommy, this isn’t our hotel this is way smaller.”

“Violet changed our hotel.”

“Why?”

“We don’t know.”

So later that night we all went back to the hospital and checked out my father and went back to the hotel for dinner.

In the morning we took home my brother and my dad I will never forget that day ever again!

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 09:39 AM GMT-5 • comment (7) • Reads 48

I walked into the office at Twin Lakes Farm. I asked who I was riding, and the office lady said that I was riding Wild Fire. I went into the ring and told the groom I was riding Wild Fire. Then all of a sudden, he walked up with this white horse with some gray spots. Then he said who is riding Wild Fire. I said, "Me," and then walked over and got on. Then I fixed my stirrups and walked around. My teacher walked into the ring, and we started the lesson. During the lesson we were practicing for the show we were going to have a couple a days after. We did our warm up and lined up to canter. Someone went before me and then it was my turn. I was kicking as hard as I could and then all of the sudden. . . . He turned around really fast and I fell off! My teacher came over and helped me back on Wild Fire. I trotted around and then my teacher made me canter again. The other kids went and then the lesson was over. I couldn’t believe I fell off a second time.

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 02:39 PM GMT-5 • comment (5) • Reads 49

I was going to visit my aunt. I was so exited to see her because I hadn’t seen her in a long time. She lives in Georgia.

“OK, you guys. Go and I’ll meet up with you guys in the house,” my mom said to us.

“OK,” my brother and I replied.

We went out of the car. My mom reminded us again to be careful when we cross the street.

“We know,” we answered back.

My brother and I watched closely at the street until we could cross.

“Let’s go,” I said.

“No, there are still cars passing by,” my brother replied.

“OK, when the next car passes I am going to cross,” I said back to him.

I did that. The good thing about it was that when I crossed there were no cars in sight. My brother followed me.

All of a sudden a car appeared! I ran, but it seemed like the car was going to hit me. I almost got hit by a car! The bad thing was that my brother was right behind me and he almost got hit by a car and DIED!

My mom screamed as she watched us. I could hear her scream. The car stopped. The good thing was that we made it to the other side.

In my head I was like, thank God no one died!

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 02:37 PM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 395

September 11th, 2001 was a tragic day for America. Two planes hit the World Trade Center that morning, and a plane also hit the Pentagon right by Washington D.C. This was a hard day for most families, inclining mine. My Uncle Patrick, age 32, was in the North Tower, on the 104th floor and so was his cousin Peter. When the North Tower fell, so did Patrick Sullivan, Peter Milano, and so many other loved people. There is a flag that was partly damaged by this crash, small rips and white turned to a dark, deathly, gray color. For the 10th anniversary of September 11th, they took this flag all around the country to all the victims of the September 11th crash. The victims would stitch a part of the flag together in honor of their loss. Over the summer my family likes to call a little place called Breezy Point home. About 27 people from Breezy Point lost their lives on September 11th, 2001. For the 10th anniversary, the flag came to Breezy Point! There was a special mass that a lot of people went to, including my family. The mass was cool because I got to see the flag in person, but sad because of all the lives lost on that day. The mass was about an hour long, but the best part was the end! At the end of the mass they made an announcement that you may participate in the stitching of the flag. Everyone got in line to stitch. It made me feel good to participate in such a cool event, and I hope to do something like this again in the future!

The End!

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 02:22 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 58

Muffins

By Sharkattack17 Feat. LMMO

LMMO: “Hey, Kids, we're gonna' sing the birthday song!”

KIDS: AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

LMMO: “Just kidding, we're gonna sing the muffin song!”

Sharkattack17: “Yay!”

BOTH: “MUFFINS, I'M ALLERGIC TO MUFFINS!”

Sharkattack17: “That’s why we're singin' this song!”

LMMO: “ MUFFINS MAKE ME BLOW UP IN HIVES!”

Sharkattack17: “MUFFINS MAKE ME NOT BREATHE!"

BOTH: “MUFFINS MAKE US FAINT!”

BOTH: “OH YEAH, MUFFINS STINK!”

LMMO: “ LIKE A BEE HIVE!”

Sharkattack17: “Yeah!”

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 09:54 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 55

Me, my sister, my Mom and Dad and our friends the Zonas changed into our bathing suits. We were at Hershey Park. We were going on this ride named “Tidal Force.” When we got on line there was a sign that said: “You will get soaked on this ride”. It was finally our turn.

Click, click went the lifter. I looked over at the drop and saw that we turned before we dropped. The lifter was so high that it took us about seven minutes to get to the turn. When we turned everybody screamed because they thought we were dropping. I relized this was kind of like a lake plunge.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH!” we all screamed going down the drop.

Then there was a board that would let you get even more wet!!! It was awesome!! We were all drenched!!! Every part of me was soaked!! And that’s when I knew, man, was that sign right!!

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 09:50 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 53

One day I was jumping on my mom’s bed with my brothers. My brothers and I were having a fun time but our mom didn’t know. My brother Anthony said, “I don’t think we should do this.”

Then I said,” Relax, Anthony, it’s all right.”

A few minutes later our mom came in. She yelled, “What are you guys doing and what is all that noise!?” She saw us jumping on her bed! She said, “Stop or else you are grounded!” So we did stop, but we kept on jumping on the bed.

We were having fun until my brother Alex said, “She’s coming!” So we stopped jumping and acted like we didn’t do anything. Then she said, “What are you guys…doing?”

We kept on doing it for a long time until the time we thought she gave up but we were wrong. She came back and saw us. This time she yelled at us and said, ”You guys tricked me the whole entire time?”

We said, “Yes.”

She said, “You guys are grounded!”

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 09:45 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 65

One day my friend took me to their house up-state. It was my first time going to their house. I was scared because it was four and a half hours away. When we went up to the house we watched a movie in the car. They have two dogs. They have three kids. When we got there I saw a big pool on a deck. They had a playroom inside the house. When we finished unpacking we had dinner. We watched TV then went to bed. When we woke up we had French toast for breakfast. Then we went into the pool. It was fun but then we went home.

The End

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 09:39 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 57

It was a late afternoon. I was in my car and waiting to get to the field for my first baseball game that I was going to be in. First, I was excited but then suddenly all of these bad thoughts started to roll through my head like, “What if my teammates are not nice to me.” or “What if it’s my entire fault that we lose.” But finally we got to the field. We were the first ones there. I saw my coach and my mom said hi so I said, "H,i my name is Brandon." He seemed really nice. After about five minutes my teammates started to come, and we all got on to the field to start batting practice. After about an hour of that we all started to practice our fielding. After practicing for two hours we all got ready and the umpire said, “PLAY BALL!” The first batter looked big and strong and looked like he could hit a home run in a second. I was ready to pitch. The crowd was roaring. I winded up and “STRIKE!” the umpire said. I tried to do the same thing as I did on my last pitch but the ump said, "ball." I pitched another, and it was a strike! I put my hands on the top of the ball so I could throw a sinker and the ump said, "STRIKE THREE!" The crowd was cheering and roaring. But the happiest person was me.

Article posted September 21, 2011 at 09:55 AM GMT-5 • comment (7) • Reads 54

“Mom! Are we ready to go yet?” I asked my mom.

“Yes,” replied my mom with a deep sigh. “Now, we are ready to go.”

“Finally,” I said under my breath.

Now, you’re probably wondering where this story is taking place. During this last summer, my mom’s whole family, (and believe me, I have a big family) stayed in this huge house, a block away from the beach in Cape May. We would go to the beach for hours almost every day. We would usually bring a picnic for lunch and eat on the beach. Antonia, my 12-year-old cousin, and Bella, my nine-year-old cousin, and I always thought going in the ocean was the beast part of all. The water would cool you off, the way the waves were so gentle. As soon as we would get there, we would always ask if someone would take us in until someone agreed.But now, I’m going to tell you a story that wasn’t so fun at the beach, starting from where I left off.

We tumbled out of the front door, every one helping out with carrying things. When we got there, we started laying everything out. Of course, Antonia, Bella, and I started asking for someone to go in the ocean with us. Antonia’s and Bella’s dad agreed to. After a while, we had to get out because it was time for lunch. After we had all eaten, our grandpa said he would take us back in the ocean. (All the grand kids call him “Pumba.”)

High tide was coming in, so it was getting rough. I asked my grandpa if we could go out for a while. I could tell my grandpa was thinking the same thing.

“LOOK OUT!” cried Antonia from somewhere. I turned my head. My heart skipped two beats. I could feel my heart beating in my eyes.There was a huge wave forming right in front of my eyes. I screamed with my mouth wide open as the wave washed up about seven feet over my head.

I’ll tell you this right now, since then I haven’t forgotten the exact feeling I had when that happened to me. First, my back smacked the sandy floor of the ocean. That hurt enough to begin with. Sand was swirling everywhere and in my face. Some got in my eyes. Suddenly, I realized what had happened. I quickly started struggling but I couldn’t get up from the salt water. I struggled some more. I knew someone would come and save me, or at least I thought I needed to be saved.

Suddenly, my head bobbed above the water without any effort. I thought to myself how this was my chance. I screamed for help. My back was throbbing.

My step dad Nick rushed over to me. I was a mess. My back was aching. My mouth was full of the taste of salt water. I had wet sand on on me. (And I don’t love sand like some people do.) I was non-stop coughing. My dad layed me down on a picnic blanket and gave me some food and water to make the salt water taste go away. After a while, I was starting to feel much better. All my family was smiling at me.

I learned a lesson my parents remind me of: Have fun in the ocean, but respect it.

Article posted September 21, 2011 at 09:50 AM GMT-5 • comment (8) • Reads 59

One Friday morning at 4:00am I was getting ready to go camping. I had my sleeping bag, shirts, and pants. I was ready to go.

I was in the car with my seat belt on and ready to go, my mom, my dad, and me. To get to the camp site it was two hours and 30 min. When we got there my mom, my dad, me, and my friend’s families had to sign in. When we got to the hill we all had to find a good spot to put our tents. My mom and me had to build our tent because my dad had to help someone else. It was not hard at all. When all the tents where built, all of the little kids play with the dogs, Flint and May. Flint is 10 months old and May is 5 years old. For lunch we had corn and tacos. The tacos where better than Taco Bell. When it was dark out we all had marshmallows.

The next day we all went to the river to swim. It was so much fun to go to the river.

The next day was the last. I was sad to go home but we had to go because the small kids had to go to school. That's why we had to go home.

When we got home we had to unpack. It took two hours.

It was fun to go CAMPING!

Article posted September 21, 2011 at 09:38 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 48

The day I moved I didn’t want to move. I liked it where I was in Georgia. I had to say bye to all my favorite teachers, friends, and family and my beautiful big house. I loved it there. I didn’t want to move.

I had to leave first to New York in a car with my mom, my dog, and my siblings. We brought our clothes, the TVs, the blankets from our beds, our toys, and other small stuff that fit in our van. My dad came after us because he had to get the moving truck and put our bed in and our kitchen table and the table from the diner and small tables we had for frames and lamps and other big things.

When my mom and me and my siblings arrived it was December, winter. We had to sleep at my uncle’s house. It was big enough for us to sleep. We had to sleep there for a month. At that time my dad was there. Then we found an apartment for us. It was small but at least we had somewhere to sleep. It had only two rooms, one bathroom, a kitchen and a small living room.

Then I started to go to Mamaroneck Avenue School. I liked it. I met new friends in MAS, and I also met new teachers. I got used to our school. It was so cool and fun in MAS.

But I am never going to forget my old school, and I am always going to visit Georgia.

Article posted September 20, 2011 at 09:55 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 53

It was a warm day outside, with a warm breeze. Since it was warm outside we could go on a trip. So everyone got in the car. It was my mom, my dad, my brother Daniel, my cousin Salvador and me. Nobody knows where we were going except my mom.

“Mom where are we going,” said Daniel.

“We're going to the Renaissance Fair this year,” mom said.

“What did you say? I can’t hear you over this loud music. Can you lower the volume please,” said Daniel.

So mom lowered the volume.

“I said we're going to the Renaissance Fair this year,” mom said.

“What’s that mom,” said Daniel.

“I don’t really know. It is our first year going to this place,” replied mom.

“OK, but I still can’t wait until we get there. I wonder what is there at this place,” said Daniel.

So while that long conversation was going on we were almost there. Then a few minutes later we got there. My mom parked the car in the bumpy road. It was really bumpy because of all of the rocks that were on the floor. LITERALLY=http://! The whole parking lot had rocks all over the floor.

When we got out of the car everyone had to go pee. So we all went to the bathroom. My baby sister Amanda had to wait a little bit longer because mom had to get the stroller. I finished fist. Then my mom and my sister could finally go to the bathroom because they don’t want anyone stealing the stroller.

After everyone finally used the bathroom, we walked to the entrance. We gave them the money so we could go inside. Actually the whole entire thing was outside. When we went inside the place that is outdoors, a lot of the people were in costumes. The weird part was that they weren’t doing acts. They were wearing costumes because the Renaissance Fair is also about wearing costumes. We didn’t know but it didn’t matter because you didn’t have to wear a costume.

We saw this person selling elf ears. It was kind of funny because the ears were really big on the people.

Then we went to this show. My brother Daniel, my cousin Salvador, my baby sister Amanda and I were trying to get closer and closer until we got to the front while my mom and dad were all the way in the back with the stroller. My dad said to my mom, "Look she doesn’t even care where her baby is." He said that because the stroller was empty because we were all in the front.

Then we ate dinner and went home.

Article posted September 20, 2011 at 09:49 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 42

DINNNNNNNNNNGGG!! MY ALARM clock went off. It was time

to go to Jersey. We were going to go to the water park ”HURRICANE ISLANDS SIX FLAGS WATER PARK."

Time to go on to the road.Rumrum!

Are we there yet! NO, three and a half more hours.

Ooowww! Three and a half more with HIM! Yes, that’s right. Him, my stinky, slimy younger stupid brother Henry.

Do you feel my pain? Well, meanwhile I had to sit three and a half more hours with Henry.

FINALLY we got there. We got there ten minutes before it opened so we could put on our sun screen. The moment I stepped in the park I knew it was going to be fun.

I gave the man the ticket to enter the park.

I was on line for our first water ride. It was called The Swirl. I was almost at the front of the line. Finally I got to the front of the line. My mom and I went down. AAAHHH!!! It was so swirly and bumpy. I loved it.

Next was the Tornado. There was basically no line. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE=http:// That was awesome.

Then to our next destination, Atlantic City. I can just smell the ocean air. Time to hit the waves.

Charge=http:// Dink! Stopppp! Why, it’s freezing.

Two Days Later

I'm sad my vacation is over I wish. I could do it all again.

Except not with him.

The End (Or is it just the beginning?)

Article posted September 20, 2011 at 09:44 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 58

It was Saturday morning when we heard there was a hurricane coming to New York.

When we heard that we quickly went to the car to buy food and water. We drove really fast because we were in a hurry. We finally got to Cosco, the store I think is really big. I rapidly took a cart and started searching for water. I wasn’t surprised when I saw there was no more water. So we just took a pack of Gatorade. Then we went to go look for food that didn’t need to go in the refrigerator. We bought crackers, chips, bread, and chicken breast.

After that we quickly drove to our house. I was really scared. What if my house got flooded? Lucky for me, I live in a two story house, but I still didn’t get why I was so scared. It was getting late and I was sleepy.

It was 10:00 o’clock in the morning. I was still very tired because I stayed up all night. Then I remembered the flood. I ran to my window. The water was up to the 3rd step. I thought it was going to be bigger.

In a few hours the flood would be gone and it would seem like nothing happened.

Article posted September 20, 2011 at 09:38 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 48

It was August of 2010 and my mom said I could go to Legoland (the one in California).

The next day we were on a plane to California. I thought I saw a cloud land, but, still, weird!!!

When I saw California I was amazed at what I saw. I saw towers, buildings, and COLORS. Five minutes later we were at the airport. We rented a sweet ride in my favorite color, red!!

We got on the car and went to a hotel. (I forgot what it was called.)

The next day we ate breakfast with dad, mom, and me. I ate yummy waffles then quickly we went to an aquarium to get the tickets.

It was weird. It wasn’t open but soon we went in the aquarium. But, sadly, no sharks!!! And, secondly, it was short but cool.

So then in a jiffy we were at Legoland. The first thing I did was go to a place were you build Bionicle creatures. I thought I could keep them but I couldn’t. So unfair!

Next what I did was stare at a complete Lego city. The Lego buildings were huge and not just New York. The whole world was made of Legos!! It was long but cool.

Next thing I did was go on a boat and see the famous places around the world. It was short but there was a funny part when it showed a giant Lego pulled to the ground by mini ones.

Next we ate lunch but it was next to a roller coaster and almost made me sick. But on the bright side the kids got a buffet of burgers, hot dogs, and waffle fries.

When we were done I begged my dad to come to the Pharaoh’s Curse playground. We got to shoot balls at people.

Last but not least, we went to a ride called the Pharaoh Ride. There was a line so long but we still waited. . .and waited. . .and waited. . . .It took forever. Finally it was our turn. We got to point lasers at mummies, bad guys, and snakes. Then it was finished. Sadly we had to go!!

But it wasn’t over. To be continued. . . .