Copyright (c) 2014 by B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
B -- Blogmeister

2011-2012

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by B

teacher: Derek Milloy

Q 1. Why is sleep important?
A 1. Sleep is important because sleep allows your body to rest for the day and sleep is important for your brain.
Q 2. What can happen to you if you don't get enought sleep?
A 2. If you don't get enough sleep then you will not be able to focus and you will feel tired and cranky and you may not grow as well.
Q 3. How much sleep does a grade 6 student need?
A 3. The average Grade 6 student needs 10 or 11 hours of sleep.
Q 4. What do you do now to help yourself get a good nights sleep?
A 4. What I do to get a good nights sleep is I don't watch tv or go on the computer after a certain time that way I can get to bed early enough.
Q 5. What steps can you take to make sure you are getting the sleep that you need?
A 5. what you can do is go to bed the same time every night that way your body is on a schedule, you could avoid food or drinks with caffeine or you could not excersise before going to sleep.

Article posted March 26, 2012 at 03:01 PM • comment • Reads 113 • see all articles