Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

-

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by J teacher: Derek Milloy

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 05:26 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 86

- How Did You Feel?

I feel good that I was silent for the whole school day because there was a good reason behind it. And it was my way of supporting the kids who don't eat, go to school, and don't have the chance to play something. And I really felt bad for them, but it felt good to do my part.

- What Did You Do?

We were silent for the whole school day. That means we did not interact with anybody, no passing notes, no facebooking, twittering, texting and e-mailing.

- How was your work different?

It was a lot different, especially because I had a hard time doing the sign language.Sometimes I needed to write it down.

- How was your work the same as the other days?

It was the same in terms of being quiet and just listening to our teacher when he do the discussion.

- What did you find hard?

The span of time that I was not able to interact with my classmates and friends. It's is really hard on my part because I am a conversationalist. I can't stand being quiet for a very long period of time especially when there is something funny and the group is having fun.

- Did you like anything about it?

Yes, part of it was ok because I was able to experience a day of silence with a caused.

- Did it help you think about people in the world who have no political voice?

Yes, I realized that it is really hard not to exercise the freedom to speak. And to be hindered to express what you feel and think that is right for you and to the people around you.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 66

Terry Fox Beacame Successfull of many people (like Kids who has cancer, family, friends etc.). Doug helped Terry While running by giving him water (for every 1 mile), cooking him breakfast, lunch, dinner and even helping him to call the press. His mom and dad also helped him because even though they know he had cancer they let him do the MoH.

MoH means Marathon of Hope it is for all the people who had cancer.Thats why terry fox did the run.

Success looks like me if I achieve my goals (in school, home or anywhere). Some of my goals are finishing my studies, get a good job and helping others (like helping them in their studies),

Terry Fox's MoH helped me because he told me to never give up on something you want to do and achieve. Like in school when you have a test and you don't know the answer you should never give-up. And even maybe in a sport and your exhausted you should never quit or give up.

I will seek success using what i learned from the MoH and use it for the things that I do. The MoH told me that I should not quit from everything that I do right and just believe in myself.

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 03:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

This Is My Answer to the venn diagram problem assignment.

I like reading Harry Potter books, playing basketball, video games, etc.. I also like making people laugh beacause it fills my bucket and my friends bucket.