Copyright (c) 2014 by C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
C -- Blogmeister

Cara's Blogging Fantasy-

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by C teacher: Derek Milloy

Title: Stop motion animation reflection (02/06/12)
Description: Please share your reflections on our stop motion animation workshop by responding to these 3 questions:
1. What is important to know about making a stopmotion video?
2. How did working together help your group learn the skills?
3. How does using (making or viewing) animation help you learn?

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 06:45 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 419

I think it is important to know how to be patience, because it takes a long time and hard work to make a stop animation film. 

It's good to work in a group because you learn how it communicate with each other.

It helps you learn how to use the technology of the twenty-first century.

Article posted February 10, 2012 at 03:17 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 68

On Monday, February 6, 2012, I achieved an impressive thing only millions can dream of. I made a movie! Granted, it was less than a minute long, but still, a MOVIE!!! It was a stop-motion animation film involving a Slime (Minecraft anyone?), an alligator, and a guy in a bush. It was really fun to make, and even funnnier to watch. The production had its ups and downs, like us having to redo the audio eight (or more) times to get it right. Overall, it was a great learning experience and I hope to make more films in the future.

Go to thedirectorscut.ca and try to find Slime's Rvenge.

10+0=2 (Figure out why!)

So on monday we did a stopmotion short clip with our group I think my group worked well together was because we all agreed everyone would do 1/4 of the work since ther was only 4 people , but we also got fustrarated because we did not know what to do i find that working as a group is easier because you don't have to be so streesed about every thing!!

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 04:46 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 75

Something that is important in making a stop motion film is that you need a lot of focus and patiance. Learning together helped my group because when you got lost your group members would help you. Using animation helps me learn because I know how to make stop motion shortfilm.

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 04:13 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 62

Something we learn about stop motion animation is that it takes time to do a stop motion film. We were given a mac book and a small camera. Then you start making a stop motion film. I thought it was a lot of fun and it helped me be more focus.

Something important to know about making a stopmotion video is 15 clicks = 1 second

Its good working in a group because there are more ideas people are coming

watching or making an animation helped me learn how to use a storyboard, plan things out and use other programs

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 02:11 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 77

On Monday February 6 We made stop motion animation films in class with the help of Director's cut and here is My reflection on it.

We have 3 questions we have to answer which are:

1. What is it important to know about when making a stop motion film?

2.How did working in a group help you learn the skills?

3.How does making or viewing animation help you learn?

1. I think it is important to know that 15 clicks is one second, to not get hands in the shot and to not move your backround.

2. Working in a group helpêd me learn because my group reminded me to do this.

3.Watching or making animation helped me learn how to make storyboards, plan thing, how to use imovie and add sound effects.

I had lots of fun making stop motion animation!

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 05:13 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 65

1.What is important, to know about making a stop motion animation video.The most important part is, learning that every 15 millisecond equals one second. Never to click if your fingers are in the scenes. Maybe even prepare ahead of time.

2.How did working together, help your group learn the skills? It helped by? When we didn’t get something we explained it to each other or when we didn’t know what to press the others helped us learn what to press.

3.How does using (making or viewing) animation help you learn? It helps because, in the future if you want to direct a movie or TV series it will teach you some camera tricks. Also it teaches you how to delete scenes.

Something important in making a stop motion video is that don't put your hand in the shot and you need lots of patience and skill. When you get lost your group can help you get the missed words. Learn new skills and helps you how to use new software on the computer.

Hi, This is my blog, I hope you enjoy reading through some of the things I have written here! ~Cara