Copyright (c) 2014 by L Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
L -- Blogmeister

Luis-

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by L teacher: Derek Milloy

Title: Fur of the Spirit Bear - Does Cole need proof? (01/04/12)
Description: People don't believe Cole, and they don't believe he saw a spirit bear. Kermode bears live hundreds of miles from Cole's island. Sometimes Cole even doubts what he saw, but he has just thrown away the evidence that could show that he isn't lying. Why? Would you have kept the fur?

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 06:27 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 71

I think cole does not need proof, because if people were to belive him it means they are his true friends,and plus if cole shows them whte fur most likely people would say it's fake or could come from aan other animal because not many people have trust in cole.

Cole Matthews is the main character in Touching Spirit Bear. He's in two of my older articles, so I advise you scroll down. When he fought a spirit bear and nearly died, he pulled a clump of fur off of it. Later, when he was at the hospital, recovering from his injuries, he told his story to Garvey(his parole officer) and Edwin(a Tlingit elder), they didn't believe he fought a spirit bear. But he had its fur to prove it. When he went out of the hospital, he threw the clump of fur into a river and watched it float downstream, saying that he didn't need any proof, and that his proof were his words.

courtesy of Wikipedia, A REAL SPIRIT BEAR!

Why did he get rid of it? Ithink he got rid of it because he didn't need to prove anything anymore.

Why do you think he got rid of it? Please comment and share your opinion.

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 09:28 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 36

I don't think Cole needs the Fur of the Spirt Bear, because, he do not need to prove or show to any that the thing that nearly killed him is still alive or still there. Yes it would be a great centamental toecan but do you really want to remember the day you nearly died? For me, thats just a memory that I would want out of my mind.

But if you say keeping it would be a good think I would consider that option too. After the attack Cole had a new prospection on life and that might be why people would argue with my option or decision. Why wouldn't you want to keep a small item of when you became someone you wanted to be.

But judging the way I am I would still choose to tose or not keep the Fur of the Spirt Bear.

I would say yes,

At the same time i say no!

Because...Yes

so he has evidence to show Garvy & Edward!

& no Because Garvy & Edward might say it

Was a Eagle,

So Yes & No If Cole should keep the Fur?

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 02:18 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 40

I think that Cole made the right decision to throw the fur away because he wants to make people think that he's a changed and honest man now. He wants them to just belive him instead of showing proof that he isn't lying that he's actually telling the truth.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 01:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

I think Cole shouldn't keep the fur because why would you keep a fur that was from an animal that almost killed you. And also why would Cole want to remember all that.

But I also would say that Cole should keep it so he can prove people that he really saw a spirit bear. However in the book he said,"I don't need to prove anything. I'm telling the truth." Those were his exact words.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 04:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 43

If I was Cole I wouldn't have thrown the fur into the ocean because a lot of adults might think its our imagination or maybe they think we are hallucinating Another thing why I would keep it is that I will have evidence that I saw a Spirit bear, but they might think it was just a bunny or a white animal, still you will know that you really saw the spirit bear. 

Cole threw it away because he really knows that he saw the spirit bear. He doesn't care if Harvey & Edwin doesn't believe him,when was mauled by the sprit bear it really changed him,he actually felt that the spirit bear trusted him.

Maybe he threw it away because It reminds him of the horrible memories.

I would show them the evidence then throw it away.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 05:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

I think Cole should have thrown away the fur of the spirit bear because he can't actually prove it is fur from the spirit bear and not from another animal and I don't think he would want to remember being mauled by a bear because that is the way he got crippled.

I would have kept the fur, but not to prove I saw the spirit bear I would keep it to so I can remember that I had met the spirit bear and trusted it.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 02:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

Cole does need proof but at the same time he doesn’t. Why would he want to keep the fur, sure it’s cool to say I have the fur of the Spirit Bear but still. Why did he throw it in the garbage? The proof in his mind is all he needs that’s it. Garvey should just believe him because I think on the inside it’s really killing Cole. Proof or no proof Cole will never be the same again.

A new planet is born! Kepler-22b