Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

2011-2012

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by J

teacher: Derek Milloy

Title: My Road to Success (10/27/11)
Description: We learn about Terry Fox every year and run in the Terry Fox run (along with people all over the world). This year we watched a movie about Terry making his cross-Canada run. Think about what made Terry Fox's Marathon of Hope so successful. Think about the events in the movie that showed the challenges he faced, how he got through them, and who helped him.

Your assignment is to try to take something of what you learned about what made Terry's Marathon of Hope successful and try to apply those lessons to your life. What did Terry's story show you about how you can be successful?

Article posted July 5, 2012 at 03:15 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 278

How I got to success was trying to do my best so I can learn more,asking questions to find out my asnswers,and being reminded of this quote that my teacher told my class so we can know what is going to happen and that is:"when the train that is not coming does not arrive all will become clear."

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 09:54 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 62

Oct 19, 2011  How to be Successful  Eleanor Payumo 

I think success is being focus and having support on what you do and many other things. I think a good example is terry fox, terry fox is such great example because although terry didn’t achieve his goal of running across all of Canada but he was success he had everything he needed Love and support, he was focused, he had inspiration, and many more like; his friend Doug made sure terry was healthy this would mean he was giving terry the support he needed. Same thing with his brother Darrel.

I know terry is a big inspiration for many of us. I can relate to this although I didn’t run 215 miles I have been successful in many thing I have learned how to use the internet and I was successful in that. I have set a goal to be church active and I have an achieved this goal. But how?

All it took was some encouragement some focus, hard work, and a mind set to a goal

Article posted October 13, 2011 at 01:11 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 67

The first step to success is to know what you’re doing. Nobody gets up and starts fogging without even knowing what it is.The second step is when you don’t plan ahead, things get much harder. Terry Fox know what that was like. He didn’t expect an empty reception hall, a Quebec policeman threatening to arrest him, and he especially did not expect to have cancer and to have his leg amputated . When that happens, though, you get up and keep going.

I learned quite a bit about success and Terry Fox by watching a movie about him. In fact, that’s how I even know about him. So, later on, if you want to be successful at something, think about how Terry Fox and his Marathon of Hope were successful at raising more than a million dollars.

(Also, Terry didn't manage to finish running across Canada)

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 06:01 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 71

By Gladys Bakajika

My road to success starts here, at school like Terry Fox, Terry Fox was a good student. He was determined to make the basketball team, just like I am to get into extra curriculum's. Now, I never really thought of my future.. But once I watched to movie Called "Terry" It had me thinking can I really do stuff like that? If I really put my mind to thinks will they really happen? And if I wanted to do something like what Terry Fox did would I really have the courage and drive to do it? It all starts now.. But Terry Fox thought me something.. If I put my mind to things it could really happen, like it did for him.. He didn't get to run all around Canada but at least he tried to actually started. Never stop dreaming.. Your road to success is just a mile away

Article posted November 22, 2011 at 06:38 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 78

We watched a movie called "Terry" the movie was about how the very famous Terry Fox started his Marathon of hope fundraiser and ended it. It was the kind of movie that you never wanted to end, the kind of movie that made you want to jump up and run around. In Terry's experience there were some down in his road like Terry had to get his leg amputated because of cancer and the cops told him to get off the highway. The ups in his road were he made the best of his amputated leg and he got really famous because of his Marathon of Hope fundraiser.

My first step to success would be to make sure I knew what I was getting myself into. The second step would be to plan ahead, things get much harder later. Third to believe in myself. And last step is to never give up no matter how hard it gets.

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 07:53 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 81

Terry Fox is a successful person because he tried to run across Canada to raise money to find a cure for cancer. Unfortunately, he only made it half way. Which is at Ontario.All though at least he saved a lot of lives, and also he tried to finish his marathon of hope.

There are a couple of ways how to be success. For instance you need to be passionate,and to believe that you can do it. You also need to be deterine to accomplish your goal. Another thing about how to be successful is that you never give up. If you give up you'll never know it you can accomplish your goal.

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 10:12 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 129

What  being succesful means to me is that trying my personal best to achieve my goal. NEVER GIVING UP is one of the important things to do because if you give up when something gets harder you will never be successful, another way of saying it is that don't  be a quiter. Like what they say, "quiters never win and winners never quit". Always practice so you can get better at whatever your goal is. My teachers always tell me "practice makes perfect' or at least close to perfect and it's true practice does make perfect and it's true, practice does make perfect or at least close to perfect. Understand what, where, when, who, why, how what your goal is because I think it's easier to successed that way. Like how does this work, where do you find ths? when will that be coming and e.c.t. Do you get it? I hope so. Those are the most important ways for succeeding for me.

What helped Terry in his MOH successed was that everyone was donating for the children who have cancer and they were cheering him on, like " you can do it Terry" and "your the best!". His brother and his best friend kept him on track and Bill who plans every meeting , every place to go and where to stay. Bill trys to keep everything  and everyone on track and go running smoothly. Terry's family cheers him on and always keeping good positive thoughts towards him. Terry got on t.v so that means more people will know more about MOH and more people donating. It's another way of saying publisity.

What i've learned from Terry's MOH was that never giving up, trying your personal best. If you do follow the steps you could achieve your goal. I've learned that making mistakes makes you learn more , like say you failed your math test, you learn more because you now know how to fix and best better at it, that's what makes us human . every little bit counts no matter how much money you donated, that just means donated and care about helping kids lives. You can do whatever if you set your mind to it. Believe in yourself that you will succssed. that is what i've learned from Terry's MOH.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 12:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 74

Terry Fox Beacame Successfull of many people (like Kids who has cancer, family, friends etc.). Doug helped Terry While running by giving him water (for every 1 mile), cooking him breakfast, lunch, dinner and even helping him to call the press. His mom and dad also helped him because even though they know he had cancer they let him do the MoH.

MoH means Marathon of Hope it is for all the people who had cancer.Thats why terry fox did the run.

Success looks like me if I achieve my goals (in school, home or anywhere). Some of my goals are finishing my studies, get a good job and helping others (like helping them in their studies),

Terry Fox's MoH helped me because he told me to never give up on something you want to do and achieve. Like in school when you have a test and you don't know the answer you should never give-up. And even maybe in a sport and your exhausted you should never quit or give up.

I will seek success using what i learned from the MoH and use it for the things that I do. The MoH told me that I should not quit from everything that I do right and just believe in myself.

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 07:49 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 139

Before I start my road to success I will introduce you to Terry Fox, my inspiration. Terry Fox had bone cancer and had survived seeing all those children in the hospital he decided he wanted to run across canada to raise money for cancer research.

I have always thought how do you be successful but now that Terry fox has taught me so now I am going to tell you how to be successful first you need to be determined to reach your goal next you need to have help from others or else if everyone says "you can't do it" you will lose all hope in reaching your goal.

Hope is mandatory because if you do not have any hope in reaching your and keep thinking it's impossible it will be impossible. You also need Personal best because if you keep getting out to do it and keep trying your best you will succeed to do your goal.

I also learned from terry fox that if people say you can't do something and you keep working to be able to do it more than likely in a little while they will be wrong and that is How to be successful.

Article posted September 25, 2011 at 07:23 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 64

My road to success

The things that make me successful are my friends, family

and relatives. I’m also successful because I believe in my self and never give up. My final thing that makes me successful is that I love to learn new things.

What makes terry fox successful.

His friends and family. The people that cheered him on bobby ore who came to greet him, his family who came to visit him in Toronto. The kids that had cancer cheered him on, and went swimming with him.

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 11:49 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 65

One thing I have always wondered is what’s success well Terry Fox showed me exactly what it is its heart, dedication, and determination. Well if you don’t know who Terry Fox is well he was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 18. He had cancer in his right leg and the doctor told him if he didn’t get it amputated it would spread to his lungs and kill him. He also said you can get a metal leg so terry’s family got it for him. In the 1980’s terry started his marathon of hope cross country run in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada then months later he was a little over one third of the way there when he had to stop in Thunder Bay because the cancer had come back. Then a few months later he died.

The impossible could be possible if you set your mind to it and never give up. Make allot of goals and push yourself to achieve them. Never get frustrated know matter how hard it is even if you did it wrong you tried. People will say you’ll never be able to do it but you if you work and put allot of effort it will be a piece of cake. Did you ever here the expression life’s a game every good thing puts you up and every bad thing puts you under. The same goes for madness it’s only a mind game it doesn’t hurt to let it out of your system.

Always go the extra mile to get far in life and if you ever take a short cut your most likely to get in trouble. Never ever do things you aren’t comfortable doing because at the end of it you’ll most likely be more scared. If you’re scared think only happy thoughts it will help calm you down. Everyone will be frightened sometime in life like Terry Fox was when they told him he needed surgery. Well facing your fears will never be easy but if you do face them you’ll feel great. These are some of the reasons Terry Fox ran across Canada and these reasons will help me on my road to success.