Copyright (c) 2014 by F Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
F -- Blogmeister

Fatimah's Blog!!-

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by F teacher: Derek Milloy

Title: Cole's Empty Bucket (11/29/11)
Description: We've talked about what needs Cole might be trying to meet by doing the things he's done. Use this blog entry to share what you've noticed about a) how Cole tries to fill his bucket and b) which of his needs he's trying to get met. Use specific examples.

Remember your readers haven't read the story and haven't heard the story about what fills your bucket. You'll need to give a little background information so your readers will understand your point.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 01:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 265

In class we are reading a book called touching spirit bear. I'm going to blog about the main character Cole Matthew's. cole is a person who has an empty bucket he has been banished and has been insolated in a cold island in alaska. cole gets beat by his father for no reason his parents are alchoalc. when he's not getting beaten by his father he's in jail looking at the cold dark csling in jail cole has the lack of water drops going in his bucket cole has not one drop of water in his bucket. 

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 12:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 204

When your bucket is full, you're pretty happy. When it's pretty empty, you're rather upset. Cole Matthews, a troubled teen in a book called Touching Spirit Bear, had a usually empty bucket. He was a really lonely guy, and he had no friends. And how did he try to solve his problem? He bullied and robbed.

He had a need for fun. He fulfilled that need by teasing kids, wrecking things, and stealing. He also had a need for power, and he fulfilled that by making people fear him (and by threatening a spirit bear, only to get mauled by it) He had a need for belonging, and he fulfilled that by bullying others and making other people laugh at the person getting teased. And finally, he had a need for freedom, fulfilled by trying to escape the island he was banished to in the story.

So it seems pretty obvious othat Cole is a bully, right? Well yes, but after he gets mauled by that spirit bear mentioned earlier, he nearly dies and goes through a journey of self-realization.

For Language Arts we are reading the book, Touching Spirit Bear. Its about a young 15 year old Juvenal delinquent that doesnt listen to anyone not even his self sometimes. But one day his anger goes way out of hand and he realy kills someone because of a recent problem. At this point everyone is fed up with cole. Cole fills up his bucket with negitive and cheap ways. Doing it this way, Cole's bucket will never be full and stay that way.. And everything going on at school, home, and just everywhere that empty's Cole's bucket dosen't help with anything. Everything is going, drip.. Drip.. And drip.. until its completly empty.. Cole need to change his ways before he EVERYTHING goes wrong..

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 01:13 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 49

Too me, Cole`s bucket is pretty much always empty. But, he just does not realize it, because he only fills it in cheap ways. My explanation to my thought is that he will beat some one up, and feel a sense of power, then him feeling power and to him his bucket is full, when really, it is empty, it is empty because the things he does to feel good about himself, and that makes him think his bucket is full.

Faith

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 04:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

At class we're reading Touching Spirit Bear. It's about a boy named Cole Matthews who was send to a island so he won't be a juvenile delinquent any more. Now I'm going to tell you what Cole's needs are.

One them is fun. Well he has fun by beating up people, robbing shops, and other things. Now freedom is not what Cole really needs because he was send to a island.However at the past he gets hit by his dad a lot of times for sneaking out of the house or coming home late. The next need is power. He beats up kids who ever cross him so they'll be afraid of him. Except that he wants everybody to be afraid of him including his dad. What Cole really needs is love and belonging because his parents never care about him. One time Cole said,"my parents doesn't even care if I'm dead or alive!"

Now you can see that Cole still needs a lot of drops, but he dose have a couple of drops left in his bucket.

First of all I am going to be introducing you to the book touching spirit bear and the 4 basic needs. The 4 pasic needs are Power, FunLove and Belonging and Freedom. Power means to be recognized, be a leader or to be helping out. Fun means to be happy, funny or energetic. Freedom means to be free and able to make your own decsions and last but not least love and belonging means to have friendship or a good relationship. Now I am going to tell you about the book Touching Spirit Bear. Touching spirit bear is about Cole Matthews who doesn't have any of his 4 basic needs met and he tries to meet them with cheap ways like beating on others. A way Cole tried to fill his freedom need was by staying out later than the time he was allowed to stay out and he was beaten by his dad. Another way met his freedom need is when he was at the healing circle was when the feather went to his dad and the dad said they have always wanted the best for Cole had all his anger burst out and said how his parents drink until they can't stand and how his father almost all the time beats hims until his clothes can't hide all his bruises. A way he tried to meet his power need was he tried to kill spirit bear and then everyone would be scared of him. Another way he tried to meet his power need was by beating up Peter Driscall and he thought that would make Peter Driscall scared of him and these are some ways Cole has tried to fill his bucket

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 03:38 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 56

At the beginning of the year we read a book called What Fills Your Bucket. It’s about a boy that’s having a really bad day. So his grandpa says how full is your bucket and he says what bucket. Then his grandpa tells him everyone has a bucket and when you do a nice thing for somebody you fill there bucket. Do you remember a time when somebody did something nice for you didn’t they fill your bucket. The message is if your mad don’t make people sad.

Now we are reading a book called The Spirit Bear by ben mikaelson. It’s about a boy named Cole Mathews he has no emotion what so ever he doesn’t care about anybody but himself. Now he is on an Alaskan island in a program called Circle Justice. It allows young juvenile children to get better and to get out of jail but Cole is in it to get out of jail. That’s nothing compared to what his parents do to him they both drink and his dad physically beats him and his mom does nothing. The question is will Cole ever be able to control his anger.

We are doing a project on Cole and which of his basic needs he is trying to meet. The four basic needs are Love, Power, Fun and last but not least Freedom. One of the needs Cole is trying to fill is power because he wants to show everybody that he isn’t scared of anything or anybody. The other is fun do you want to know why because when he beats someone up he feels like he is the king of the world. If you think about it maybe even love because he loves to break all the rules. Cole thinks life’s hard but the truth is he makes it that way.

Hi my name is Fatimah, and I enjoy Reading, watching T.V, and talking. Feel free to read my blog article.