-

5th Grade Reading and Social Studies---> The Reading Lab is where bright young readers come to discuss, through in-depth dialogue, literature that they are reading._____ The Social Studies Parlor is where students respond to critical questions related to different aspects of Social Studies, and then discuss their responses through thoughtful discussions.

by teacher: Mr. Volkman

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 07:41 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 50

I chose option #1. Uncle Bud has gotten smarter because if he did not know that the quantom foam was explosive and he tried to take apart the machoine there would have been a big explosion on the skreeps ship that proves that Uncle Bud is smarter but on the other hand it would have been better if the whole skreep ship had exploded because then the skreeps would not be able to take over the whole world. He is not as selfish anymore because he wants to take apart the machine so the ooman bings can get back to earth but he is caring about others by carfully taking the quantom foam out of the refrigerator so they won't blow up the skreep ship so every one will die.That is why I picked option one to write about.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 09:50 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

I think that the person that has changed in the most positive way was Uncle Bud because when they all were in the skreep space ship he was all like yah I am gonna be king I will be so good at it. He was like that at first but now he does not want to be the king any more becaus the skreeps have been on the search for the oomaan bings he does not want to be part it. And the person that has changed in the most negitive way was Phoony because in the begining he was all like this is the boringest job on earth but when he is out looking for the three of the ooman bings he wants to impress Xaafuun so that he will be like the right(if they have a right hand) hand man. That is why I think that Phooney changed in the most negitive way.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 08:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

If I could I would change the title to " Kidnapped by  Skreeps". And the reason that I think that this would be that Jack,Isadora,Dr. Shumway,Uncle Bud,Sergent Web, Grady,Joe, and of course Milo were all kidnapped by the Skreeps. They are also being chased by two aliens and two human bings. That is why I think that " Kidnapped by Skreeps".

My favorite story so far has to be " Charles".

I like this story because Laurie goes to school and gets in to a lot of trouble. He does not want to tell his mom that he's been bad at school so he makes up Charles. He gets in trouble almost every day so when he gets home he just say's "mommy Charles was very bad today, he kicked the teachers friend!" In the end when Charles's mom goes to a parent teacher meeting, she asks the teacher if Charles's mom is here and the teacher say's" We don't have Charles in our class" then she could not believe that her sweet little boy would not do that. That is why I think that Charles is my favorite story so far

I think that they wiil ecsape because 1. 130 pages left in the book which means that there is probely a lot left. 2. Isadora, Jack, and Joe are raceing to Fools Pass so that they can get to the rebels before sergent sud,gravy,phoney,and grouch make it up the mountain. They need to get to the rebels so that they can send them home so they can live normal lives.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 35

Isadora has taken the role of being a leader (: of Jack and Joe. Isador is good at this role because she is good at solving problems and is supportive to Joe and Jack. Joe's role in the book is to take Jack and Isadora to the Rebles so that they can find a way to get the humans back to Earth and to also get them away from the skeepsso they won't capture them just like they did with the adults. Also his job is to protect them so they won't get eaten by any beast or puddlys so they can get to earth saftly

Article posted February 16, 2012 at 08:53 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

I think that Claude in the "Green Man" changed the most. He changed the most because, in the beginning he was rude and vain to people , but in the end of the story he was a nice sweet young man. And the character who changed in the most positive way was Claude to. He changed in a positive way because at the beginning of the story Claude was a vain arrogant person, but at the end he turned to a nice caring man who believes in the green man.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 50

" Krebs"

My favorite character is Krebs. Krebs is the garbage screep on the space ship. On occasion Krebs would come to Jack and Isadora and say "mebe Krebs help you ummm ??? The reason that Jack and Isadora are not on the ship any more is because of Krebs. Krebs is always lending a helping arm or what ever you call it. Krebs is funny and is a little loco in the cabacea(but don't tell her that I said that ok). I choose Krebs because I thought that she was like me with a funny personality an a sence of humor.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 09:11 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

The first example could use a little more detail like instead of saying "Laurie feels like he is better than Charles" that does not make sense because he is Charles so that answer does not make sense.That person could have said "Laurie feels like he is better than because he is Charles". The second one does not make sense at all and you could approve on it a lot because that does not show you that he is Charles at all. They could have said that it was obvious in the end of the story were the teacher says "We do not have a Charles in this class. That is how I would put it.

The reason that I think Uncle Bud is being so nice to Jack and Isadora is because he has plans of how to get back to Earth.

Uncle Bud will probably build some type of space ship .

2. He will take over the Queen now that he is the King of Skreepia and make them obey him and do what ever he says. This could be possibal because you know what type of mind that he has and can think up some weird things.

3. The "King" of Uurth could take over the Skreep ship over and find a way home so that he could save them all from being tortured by aliens.

4. Uncle Bud will unleash beast 11 so that the beast will eat all the skreeps so that Uncle bud can take over.

Those are some reasons that I think will work so they can get back to Uurth.