-

We are a class of fifth graders who've got the beat on blogging!

by teacher: Monica Wood

Title: My Weekend (02/05/12)
Description: Brainstorm three or four small moments from the weekend, something that was interesting or funny. Remember, a small moment is a seed idea, it's very tiny when it starts.
Choose your favorite, add details to write a five or six sentence paragraph about your moment.
Type your small moment in a word document so you can use spell check, then post to your blog.

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 03:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 350

There were 3 seconds left. Why did our games always seem to end up with dramatic last second shots and 1 point differences? We had the ball under our basket, and we were down by 1 point. I was determined not to lose this time. Our team had lost every single game so far this season. I couldn’t let this chance slip by me!

The referee handed the ball to Lilly. She slapped the ball, and Sophie surged forward. Lilly tried to push the ball past 47 (who, by the way, was standing way too close to the line), but 47 grabbed the ball as it left Lilly’s hands and raced down the court. I ran after her (why did she have to be so darn fast?) even though I knew there was no hope. I could see the seconds ticking by on the clock out of the corner of my eye.

The buzzer sounded. I stumbled to a halt and closed my eyes. I could feel the faintest beginning of anger, but I pushed it down and reminded myself that we played a close game. I wouldn’t get anything out of getting angry. I took a few deep breaths and opened my eyes. We’ll win next time!