Copyright (c) 2014 by Athletic Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Athletic -- Blogmeister

Stealth Mode!

We are a class of fifth graders who've got the beat on blogging!

by Athletic

teacher: Monica Wood

When I first saw Wanda with Missy I thought, “Yes! I got the women with the dog!” As I hurried over to her she turned and looked at me. I saw kindness in her eyes as she smiled at me. Wanda was ready for Valentine's Day. She wearing a red shirt, black pants, a silver necklace, and silver earrings. Her dog even had a pink sweater with hearts.

It was a big shocker when I found out Wanda had been one of the first women to fly! I was surprised because when I think of older women I think of knitting and tea. I don’t think of them being one of the first women to fly.

One hurdle I had to overcome was when Wanda told me that she was hard of hearing. I felt my pulse go up, because I was worried. I have a hard time talking loudly with people I don’t know very well. As the interview progressed I became more comfortable.

I thought I would be very different from Wanda, but I’m not. Four similarities I have with Wanda are that we both like Adele, have one sibling, like dogs, and most importantly, neither of us have been hippies. Some differences are that she likes writing, and that she had always wanted to pilot a plane. I don't like writing and have never wanted to pilot a plane. I never thought I would be so similar to someone who is so much different than me in age.

The best thing of all during my interview with Wanda was when she told me she had had lots of dogs, and she loved big dogs. I thought that was so cool because I love dogs, especially big dogs. I have always wanted to get a really big dog. I have a medium dog right now, and I’m really glad to have him.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

Whenever I feel stuck I start to teach my dog new tricks. I get myself so absorbed in teaching him new tricks that I forget all about why I'm stuck.

I went sledding on the hill next to Big Howe. Since we don't get that much snow in Seattle, I enjoyed it. I am obsessed with snow, so I am in it every second I can. I love the feeling of wind whipping at my face as I sled down the hill. I love how I feel as I fly down the hill, as I fly through the air. As I fling myself down the hill, I think one thing.... Speed. I love every thing about snow except one thing, it melts. I hope we have more next year!

Would you rather eat pizza every day for a year or never eat ice cream again?

I would rather eat pizza for a year because I could have different toppings and I really love ice cream. I couldn't give up eating it.

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 03:14 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

One of my goals for this year is to become patient with my friends and my family/sister. I am hoping to be more patient, so I am more fun to be around! Small steps I can take to achieve this goal are that I can try and get less stressed about at least one thing each day. This is going to be harder with my sister than anyone else because I get in more fights with her than anyone else! But I really hope it works because then my mom would be less stressed out!

Article posted October 18, 2011 at 02:53 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 33

One time I was playing soccer, and it was near the end of the game. I had played my all, and I thought I couldn't keep running. I had to keep telling myself, "Keep running! Keep running!" I ended up making it to the end of the game because I kept saying,"Keep running, it's almost over."

Article posted September 21, 2011 at 11:10 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 32

1. I play 3 musical instruments

2. I have a younger sister

3. I play soccer

4. I have short hair

5. I have a dog

6. My favorite color is pink

7. I have been to Honduras