We are a class of fifth graders who've got the beat on blogging!

teacher: Monica Wood

Title: Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow! (01/22/12)
Description: Seattlites were able to enjoy a few days of beautiful white snow in the city. I love when the streets are blanketed with fluffy white powder, people stay home and play outside with their children, bake a favorite recipe, or cuddle up next to a nice warm fire. My husband and I especially enjoy walks in the moonlight. I think what I love most is the world seems to slow down and you can really enjoy the people you love.

What do you love to do on a crisp, snowy day?

1. Use part of the question in your answer.
2. Answer this question in a meaty paragraph (4-6 detailed sentences).
3. Use your senses when you describe to help your reader experience what you experience.

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 252

When it’s a crispy, snowy day with no school I like to curl up with hot chocolate, a blanket, and a book on the couch with a warm fire in the fireplace. Everything is quiet except for the crackles of the fire and a page in my book as I turn it. The silence is one of my favorite parts. I can enjoy my book in peace, without having to ignore Lego minifigures with machine guns chasing down terrorists or a stuffed animal trying to get in my face. The snow seems to have calmed my siblings, at least for a little while. I can smell a warm, chocolaty goodness drifting from my cup of hot chocolate and small hints of sap and smoke as the log burns. Everything seems peaceful and content while the snow falls softly outside, muffling sounds and creating small bubbles of warmth almost abandoned by the outside world.