Copyright (c) 2014 by Alex B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alex B -- Blogmeister

Built Ford Tough-

by Alex B teacher: Melanie Transue

Alex Ms. Transue

Cp English

6 January 2012

Carnivals, carousels, and Mirror mazes oh my

When you go to carnivals you usually ride rides. You might go through the mirror maze. What if the rides you ride were going to steal your soul? What if the carousel as you rode around you got older. Then you go to the mirror maze and you drown in an ocean of mirrors. That is what happens I the book Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. The mirror maze, and carousel are both attractions for the carnival, both are magic, and they are both evil.

The mirror maze, and carousel are main attractions for the carnival. People go to carnivals, and ride carousels. Some go through the mirror maze. Mrs. Folley says she loves Mirror mazes (Bradbury chapter 15). Mr. Dark offers Jim a ticket to the carousel (Bradbury chapter 17). Remember going on the carousel. Some people love the carousel Jim and will wanted to ride the carousel but it was broken, so they couldn’t. Younger people are attracted to mirror mazes and carousels.

Magic can be interpreted in many ways. The carousel and Mirror maze are truly magic. For instance Mr. Dark try’s to bribe Charles Haloway to tell him where the boys are, he told him he will make him younger (Bradbury 31). You can get younger in the story by riding the carousel backwards. Mrs. Folley was put on the carousel and forced to ride it backwards and when the boys found her she looked like a little girl. Mr. Cougar rode the carousel backwards and then pretended to be Mrs. Follley’s nephew. Both the Carousel, And mirror maze are magic.

What if these rides you ride every carnival season were going to steal your soul if you ride them? Mrs. Folley saw herself in as a younger girl in the mirror maze, but she also started to drown in the mirrors (Bradbury 15). Mrs. Folley Rode the carousel backwards and it made her really young. No one could tell who she was because she was so young. Charles, Jim and will all almost died on the mirror maze.

Wow that would suck if your favorite ride was going to steal your soul. Remember all of those childhood memories that you remember riding the carousel. All of them gone down the drain. After the first one you would get turned in to a circus freak. You would live your life under the power of Mr. Dark, and The dust witch. The carousel, and Mirror maze are main attractions, Magic, and evil all at the same time.

Works Cited

Bradbury, Ray. Something Wicked This Way Comes. New York, NY: William Morrow, 1962.

Print.

Pick me last

Why do you think, when Charles huged Mr. Dark, he died?

ooh pick me again

Why is the dust which hurt by laughter?

December final

My family has a lot of toys between cars, trucks, and tractors. I am starting to work on the machines. I am looking to start working on my truck so I can drive it in May, I am starting to restore a 1950 Ford 8n tractor, and I am preparing a John Deere 730 to get restored.

I will be sixteen in May. In five months I will be going for my permit. I am looking for a truck and it has to be a Ford. I found a '79 ford pickup but when we went to look at it we found out that it needs a lot of work and it isn't worth it. I was talking to my uncle who has a '68, and two 79's. When I was younger I wanted the '68, so I am trying to convince him to sell it to me. I think I might be able to buy it from him.

I also like to restore old tractors. My uncle bought a Ford 8n, and I started to restore it last Saturday. I washed it then I took it apart to sand blast it which takes all the paint off of it. I ordered the paint, so all I have to do is paint it and get the new accessories for it, so I can finish.

We also have a John deer 730 which my Poppy bought to plant corn a long time ago I am going to restore that as soon as I am done with the 8n. That tractor is more complex. It has something called a pony motor. A pony motor is a little gas engine that you start first before the diesel engine. The point of the pony motor is to heat up the block of the big engine so it will start easier. The way it heats up the block is the exhaust fumes go in to the head of the big engine. It is really a complex and neat design.

ooh ooh pick me

Why does Will always follow Jim?

november rough

There one hundred yards stands the biggest buck you have ever seen you pull up shoot. In seconds all of that hard work you have done all of the preparing has paid off.

There is a lot of preparation for hunting season. There is a lot you have to do a lot to get ready for the big day. After all the preperaration for hunting season all pays off when u finally get to shoot that big buck. November at the Bonavita’s is all about getting ready for hunting season. We start spot lighting at night. We start reloading shells for our guns. We sight the scope in so it hits where you aim. We shoot targets for practice. We put up our tree stands. My dad asks different people for permission to hunt on their land. Then all of us develop a game plan of what is going to happen.

Usually my cousin Chris bell from Georgia takes to originals for a spaghetti and pizza dinner. Then Chris comes to our house for dinner, and we play a hunting game on the Wii. Then my Grandpa and I will mow the hay so we can drive on the fields during hunting season. When season is close we bring our cows that are out on the pasture in the barn so they don’t get shoot. We bring my uncles black angus over to my poppy’s so nobody thinks they are black bear. We have a lot to do to get ready for hunting season.

Alex

Ms. Transue

CP English

27october2011

The girl or the fish

An attractive blond girl. Sheila Mont is the love of the Narrators life. The bass the biggest bass that he has ever had on his line. What to choose the girl or the fish. The narrator was right to choose Sheila, the love of his life, she is finally starting to talk to him, and he could have chosen the fish.

Through out the story all the narrator talked about. How she had all of these different poses, that she had to go with what kind of mood she was in. he describes her as a beautiful girl ( Wetherell 1). He showed off a whole day to try to impress her. He seems to be in love with her.

Sheila is spending time with the narrator. All summer Sheila has lived next door. The narrator likes Sheila. He always admired her from a distance. He never spent any time with her. Now finally she is spending time with him. After all this time he decided to ask her on a date. He needs to spend more time with her.

He could have chosen the fish. The fish was powerful, and probably big. He would felt great landing that big fish. If he did land the big fish he he wouldn’t have any chance at all to ever get Sheila to like him. The fish was not worth completely ruining his chances with Sheila.

Fishing is a big sport. You feel great when u land that big fish. Then girls teenage boys generally would choose the girl over fishing. It isn't very often a boy would choose fishing over a girl. The narrator did the sensible thing by choosing Sheila the love of his life, he finally got brave enough to spend time with her, but he could have choose the bass over the girl.

3rd time’s a charm Final

All of the thoughts

Once upon a time there was Blaise the biggest chicken ever and Chris the coyote. Blaise lived in the hen house. He was afraid of Chris the coyote. He thought, "If the coyote ever comes in this chicken house I'm flying to the top of the barn to hide".

Chris thought, “One day I’m going to that chicken house to get that huge chicken". One day Chris was very hungry he thought, “Today is the day I go get that big ole chicken". Chris snuck in the hen house. He thought, “All these chickens look so good but I have come for that big fat one they call Blaise". Chris found Blaise, and he grabbed him.

Blaise woke up and thought,"I have met my end Chris the coyote has gotten me". Chris took Blaise out of the hen house, and to the woods. Chris had to get Blaise quiet.

He thought, "All I have to do is get this chicken to shut up". Chris got the chicken to shut up just before he ate him.

One person thoughts

Once upon a time there was Blaise the biggest chicken ever and Chris the coyote. Blaise lived in the hen house. He was afraid of Chris the coyote. Chris thought, “One day I’m going to that chicken house to get that huge chicken". One day Chris was very hungry he thought, “Today is the day I go get that big ole chicken". Chris snuck in the hen house. He thought, “All these chickens look so good but I have come for that big fat one they call Blaise". Chris found Blaise, and he grabbed him. Blaise woke up. Chris took Blaise out of the hen house, and to the woods. Chris had to get Blaise quiet. He thought. "All I have to do is get this chicken to shut up". Chris got the chicken to shut up just before he ate him

No person’s thoughts

Once upon a time there was Blaise the biggest chicken ever and Chris the coyote. Blaise lived in the hen house. He was afraid of Chris the coyote. One day Chris was very hungry. Chris snuck in the hen house. Chris found Blaise, and he grabbed him. Chris took Blaise out of the hen house, and to the woods. Chris had to get Blaise quiet. Chris got the chicken to shut up just before he ate him.

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 03:01 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 52

Final October free write

Dairy farming is a hard, time taking job. You get up at dusk, and dont go to bed until dawn often you don't even get to take a break in the middle. I spend most of my time helping my Poppy run our dairy farm.

Lately it’s been very busy at the farm. Were running low on hay. We don’t know if we will have enough hay to make it through the winter. It’s getting late in the game. We have to make as much hay as we can in the next couple of weeks.

Last night we were bailing hay at ten o'clock at night. My Poppy was rakeing the hey into wind rows which puts the hay in a pile. It makes it easier for the baler to pick up the hay. My Uncle Chris was operating the big square bailer. I was carrying the big square bales with our front loader on our tractor. We were rapping hay to feed our cows during the winter. The rap keeps the bales good it kind of like a preservative.

Dairy farming is a hard, time taking job.

Pay attention to me final

Prompt 1 would you prefer to raise a family in a rural (country) or urban (city) setting.

Honk, crash, bomb, bang, yelling, and the crowd all among the many distractions in the city. The country all you hear is the sound of nature all you see is the natural surroundings. The animals playing in the field, or the gang member in the ally. The gun could be getting shot at you, or the hunted animal. The country is a great place to grow up as a kid because we have wide open places, you can go explorer the out doors, and there is less violent.

Prompt 8 which of the three little pigs are the bravest.

In the classic story "The Three Little Pigs". Which one of the three little pigs is the bravest. There’s the youngest one, which built his house out of straw. Then the middle one, that built his house out of sticks, Maybe the one, who built his house out of bricks. The youngest pig with the straw house was the bravest pig, because he only built his house out of straw, he exposed himself to the out doors, and was the first to face the wolf.