Conditions of Use
unit 4 blog!
1. Inductive Reasoning and Patterns-
Inductive reasoning is just the process of finding and looking for the pattern.Patterns could be anywhere. They might not even be noticeable. If noticed they could be easy to figure out the next sequence or it could be tricky. It could be as easy as adding the first number and the second number to get the next or it can be as hard as adding 2 then dividing be 4.
2. Functions- When seeing a function it will probably say f(x)=. Then it will say x equals a number. Then the next step will be plugging x in and solve the function. Functions are very helpful on a graph.
3. Linear equations, Slope, and Direct Variation-
slope is used to figure out how much of a fall or rise a line is on a graph. The formula for slope is m= y2-y1 then divide that by x2 - x1 and then plug in the numbers.Linear equations is just simply a variable where x is and y is and that's how you make the line. Direct variation is a relationship between two variables in which one is a constant multiple of the other.
4. Systems of Linear Equations-is a collection of linear equations involving the same set of variables.It would help with solving a set of variables.It helps solve for variables.
5. The Growth Formula and Interest-I think that this means how much something goes up or down by.It also means that there should be a chart of all the information showing how the object goes up or down over a period of time. Interest is how much you pay something and when you pay it.
6. Inequality Relations-This is usually used to show the less than and greater then symbol. It is usually shown to represent a graph or line.
7. Linear Inequalities and Their Graphs-These can be used to determine how to graph. It could also be trying to figure out what X or Y equals.If the less than symbol has a line under it then you would shade below the line and the line would be solid if there wouldnt be a line then its a dotted line.
8. Inverse Variation- an x and y chart and figuring out how it changes each time.This you need to figure out the patteren. you will have to add subtract multiply or divide and you have to do the same thing for each one.
9. Polynomial Operations- there are 3 different types of polynomials you can have a monomial or a binomial or a trinomial. You can add or subtract polynomials.
10. Quadratic Functions- there is a form which is ax^2+bx+c and a is not equal to zero. It has to do with 4 terms.
Article posted January 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM •
comment • Reads 64
see all articles