Conditions of Use
Unit 4 Preview: Alegbraic Concepts
1. Inductive Reasoning and Patterns is commonly displayed using deductive reasoning also mostly in expressions to solve problems in geometry. It can be used to find patterns with shapes and other things in geometry. Inductive reasoning means that there is reasoning within a statement or expression.
2. Functions are the things we use in a equation to solve for an answer. Examples of which are: subtraction, addition, multiplication, division. These functions determine the answer of the equation.
3. Linear equations are equations that solve for the length of a line. Slope is a formula used in geometry to find the slope of a x and y axis. Direct variation is a mathematical relation between two variables that can be expressed by an equation.
4. Systems of Linear Equations are the whole thing of linear equations into one. The linear equations are used to help find the length of a lot of lines together. The linear equations are then grouped together to find the answer for all the lines.
5. The Growth Formula is a formula that shows the growth of a something. Such as the growth formula could represent the growth of a line. Interest is where banks charge you interest if you are late on paying a bill. It represents the amount you must pay if your bill is overdue.
6. Inequality Relations show the difference between numbers such as if one number is larger than the other. The difference between two numbers is represented by a greater and lesser sign. Also the two numbers can be represented as equal by an equal sign.
7. The linear inequalities show the difference between two lines. The lines difference is represented by a greater or lesser sign. The graph represents/shows the difference between the two lines.
8. Inverse Variation is a relationship between two variables in which the product is constant. The variables used in the inverse variation commonly are shown by x and y. This usually is seen within a graph.
9. Polynomial Operations are the operations used by polynomials. Polynomials are shapes that are used commonly in geometry. The figures are used to find the amount of degrees in a shape.
10. Quadratic Functions are used to find the amount of degrees in four sided quadrilaterals shapes. They help in geometry with the quadrilateral shapes to find their distance. The functions also help find the length of the sides and size of their angles.
Article posted January 11, 2012 at 12:57 PM •
comment • Reads 74
see all articles