Awsome Blog-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Dear Mom, 3/6/12

You are probably wondering why I am writing this letter. I am writing this letter because I want you to get me a Boston Terrier. If I can convince you to will for sure get me one. I will tell you what I will do if you do get me this dog.

I say we should get the dog as a puppy. So that way we can train it. Then when he gets older he will understand the rules . Also he would be so funny and cute! He would also be a great companion to have around the house. We can also take it to Grandma’s house because they say those dogs are great to have around other dogs! So that’s why I think you should have it as a puppy.

It will also help me learn responsibility. It will help me with that because I'm going to have to feed him and I will have to get to the doctor. Also he is going to need a lot of love and attention. I know he is going to go in the bathroom in the house and I will have to pick it up. I will potty train him so that way I will not have to pick it up in the house. This is going to take time but I know I can do it.

If you do get me this dog I promise I will bring up my grades. I will bring most of my three’s into four’s. Also the rarely two’s I get will turn into three pluses. So when you see my report card with three’s and four’s it will improve that I want this dog very badly and I want to keep him.

Those are the reason I think I can do for this dog. So can you please get me this dog.

Love,

Wyatt

P.S I already have a name picked out for him. Titian

There once was a Bear

Who didn’t want to Share

He bought to much Honey

With his own Money

But that bear did not Care

Bulls have giant horns

They like to buck people off

They are fun to ride

In the book The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Frigg he goes in to Jebediah’s Brewster home and for some odd reason he leaves. I will tell you why in my super awesome blog.

So in the story Homer P Figg he is real mad because his uncle Squint sold Harold to the army for one bottle of whiskey. There goes Homer looking for him. That is just brotherly love. On the way he is stuck in Jebediah’s home where Mrs. Bean feeds and keeps him well for a couple of days. Just for the record Mr. Brewster is a Quaker (a Quaker is someone who uses thee and thy and stuff like that). Also Mr. Brewster tells him some secrets about The Underground Railroad. That’s when Homer tries to leave but then Jebediah says “tell them the truth because the truth shall set thy free”.

After he leaves he finds some ups and downs. He joins the medicine show where he finds Felton J. Fleabottom. Although Fleabottom gets arrested and he is a fraud. Also they run into Mr. and Mrs. Nibbly try to steal the money he is going to use for his train ticket. Also he turns into the amazing pig boy. He gets new clothes because he is the amazing pig boy. I thought the worst was when he gets knocked out.

Then he goes into a hot air balloon. Cuts the anchor and that is what leads him to the army were Harold is. They take him in to be safe and he searches for the Maine recruits. There was Harold. Now they were in the war and Harold gets shot in the leg. When Harold was holding the flag he held it up so his brother can hold the flag. Although Harold keeps fighting his injury gets infected and Harold loses his leg.

That is why he left and the rest of the story. Wasn’t that sad. But Harold was a brave man.

November 4, 1620

Dear Grandma,

Hi how is it going in Plymouth, England? We have had some excruciating times on the Mayflower. I will tell you about those times later in my letter. It has been a epic on this ship.

Well first the food really is nasty. We have been living off of dry biscuits with cheese on them most of the pilgrims got sick. The worst of all one of them was my sister she was so close to being with god in the sky. Luckily she was safe because she got great care. That was just one of the worst things but good thing she did not. I can’t believe the food was that bad?

Now the thing that scared me the most was my dad almost died. There was a terrible storm and it was moving the ship back and forth. Then he went over board because of the thrust of the constant motion. I was just glad one sailor got him by a fingertip. Although those storms were brutal storms. I am lucky that I survived.

The Mayflower is a pretty cool ship. Even though our beams fell and made holes in the bottom of the ship. It was a little hard on the ship when there were storm because it was so packed. I told you about that one tragic evens about my dad. That was the only two event that were really scary. So far the Mayflower has not had that much problems.

So far that has been our voyage on the one and only Mayflower. Love you grandma and please write my back!

Love,

Wyatt

Did you know Ben Franklin had some realy big ideas. It was because of his big ideas that gave us some realy good stuff. You don’t, well I will tell you some of his Great Big Ideas in my essay.

One of his ideas or his first ever big idea was a Almanac. Although it wasn’t his biggest idea. But it was an Almanac the Poor Richard’s Almanac to be exact. The first almanac to ever to be on earth. It included sayings, holidays, the weather, how the moon was going to be and lots more. The first edition was printed out in 1733. It would sell at least 10,000 copies a year.

His second best and great ideas was that he compared lightning to electricity. Ben knew that they were the same exact thing. So many people thought he was crazy. His plan was to build a little house on a tower then on a rainy day someone would be in the tower and would have a lightning rod out the door and electricity. He sent it to Europe and three scientist tried it worked one was killed but by the lack of effort. After that he became very famous and people called him papa even though he was not.

He was a very good negotiator. He helped write the Declaration of Indepenance. That’s not his hand writing but he changed the rules. He also made the France people help us in our fight in the war aganist England. France sent us guns and money and a bunch more stuff.

Those were some of Ben Franklins Big great ideas. I hoped you liked my essay and I hope you learned stuff about Ben Franklin.

Why did Ben Johnson quote “was not of an age, but for all time”? Ben Johnson thought his life was very short for only being 52. Although people around the world would go and see his plays. His remembrance is still here today because everyone remembers him. Although the movie makers and play writers still use his plays today. Some have been made to movies. That is what Ben Johnson meant when he said “was not of age, but for all time."

I am going to tell you how the Everglades started. It all started with the age of the seashells, were all that was their was water, grass, and seashells. Then all the seashells formed and became limestone. Over the eons the water lowered. Next the limestone became Florida. Then the Okeechobee river spilled over and was 2 to 3 inches deep. At the end after the river spilled they called it Everglades.

American music to me is anything you hear. It is the waves banging against the rocks because of the splash and the bang of the waves. It is the wind whistling through the trees because the wind fights through the leaves and tree branches. The animals and the noise they make like the birds chirping in the morning. Now that’s what American music is to me.

I'm Awsome