Copyright (c) 2014 by DD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
DD -- Blogmeister

Students learn through a workshop system in Reading & Writing, Inquiry in Science & Social Studies, and Math everywhere! We love reading comments from others about our thoughts and work. Please leave an address or URL so we can respond.

by DD teacher: Meg Griffin

It all started when I drove to State College. I was in our car driving for four whole hours! I fell asleep on my and when i woke up my face was red hot. I played my I-Pod the rest of the way. When we got there weslept overnight and the next day we went to a park like place that had a huge sundia. I was bored so i took off my socks and shoesan climbed to the top! it was so much fun. The next day i went to a model train store and my goma bought me a $70 train set but the transformer didnt work so we tok it back and he gave us a new one. The day after that we drove to my other grandparents and tayed there for and hour than drove a two hour drive home.

Hi I finished my biography about JFK so here is what I learned.....

John F. Kennedy was born on May 29, 1963 in Brooklyn, Massachusetts. When he was in his childhood he got sick a lot and his brothers and sisters called him Jack. He was also a boy scout just like me! When John was younger than ten he was sent to Dexter school. Then at the age of ten he went to Choate, a private school in Connecticut. He lived there and came home for the holidays and after graduating from Choate he decided to go to Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. After graduating from Harvard he was sent to war band hurt his back but still fought. After the war he decided to run for government position and he ran and won for the House of Representatives as a Democrat. And he kept running for higher and higher positions in the government and kept winning and the he won the president position! Then while in Texas he got shot in the head and neck most likely by Lee Harvey Oswald. (Hasn’t been proved guilty)

That is what i learned from my biography. If you read a biographyplease comment to tell me who.

Hi We had to pick a biography book in class to read. I am reading about John Fitzgerald Kennedy aka JFK. I learned so far that he was assainated on November 22, 1963 in Dalas,Texas by 3 gun shots one to his head,one to his neck, and one that missed him. Hewas the second of nine children & was born on May 29,1917 in Brookline, Massachusetts. He had to go to war in ww2 as a pt boat guy while his brother was a pilot. Also he was called Jack. I am wondering why someone would kill him. If you know or are reading a biography please comment Bye=http://!

My dad and grandparents gave me my dad's old H.O. gauge trains. I love to build and watch the trains go. I have 6 engines , 4 transformers (power packs) , 20 or more cargo cars, and 15 side houses and people.My grandmother took 4 of the six engines to get repaired .The same with one transformer and two cargo cars. I made a really big track that has 4 bridges, a tunnel , and 2 dumping stations. It takes 3 of the 4 transformers to run! Soon my dad and i will build a train table to put the tracks on rather than the floor where they could get stepped on. I was so excited to build the trains right away when i got them on the day after Thanksgiving. I cant wait to build more!  Bye

On Halloween I got so much candy, a whole duffel bag full! I got candy like Kit-Kats, big Kit-Kats. Twix, big Twix, Hershys, big Hershys,Crunch, big Crunch, Sour Patch Kids,and a whole lot more! It was so much fun Trick-Or-Treating and my duffle bag got really heavy but i still carried it! I wouldn't stop. I love Halloween because you get so much candy. By

Today science class was SO MUCH FUN!!! Today in science we used syringes to find properties of air, flour,and water inside a syringe. We looked at the materials with a sealed syringean an open syringe. It was so much fun and so exciting. For air it would come out without seeing anything, for flour it took more than just one push to get all of thee flour out, and for water it squirted out like a water gun in a steady stream.Our whole class made a big mess with flour in the air,on tables,on us,and everywhere, and big pules on water. That was my super exciting science class by.

Article posted October 17, 2011 at 03:07 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 34

I think there should be less homework because it wastes time but helps you learn. Homework is hard to do if you have sports, practice instruments, or any other activities after school .  So my opinion on homework is to have less but not none.  Those are my thoughts on homework. Goodby

Article posted October 10, 2011 at 03:08 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 34

Boo!!!! Happy Halloween. Halloween is the perfect time to eat candy, dress up in freaky costumes, and trick or treat. I like Halloween because I always dress up really scary like this year (2011) I am a bloody chainsaw kiler. Scary right? I would like it if you told me what you are being for halloween in comments. See you!

I think fourth grade is awesome!

I love fourth grade but it is a lot more challenging than you think. Never underestimate how hard a grade could be. My favorite part about Mrs. Griffin's class is that we get to write in our schools newspaper (The Jaguar Journal). I can't wait!!!! Also in fourth grade we have the science section on the PSSA's. And we also have health class. I can't wait for more learning! Fourth grade and blogging is awesome!!! And those are my thoughts on fourth grade.