Copyright (c) 2014 by AS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AS -- Blogmeister

Welcome to My blogging world :)

Hello and welcome to our Blog! Here you will find information on various assignments, upcoming events, what's going on in our classroom, and our thoughts about the world around us. Enjoy!

by AS teacher: Mr. Schade

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 04:19 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 88

Today our class went to D.P Todd to hear the grade 9 class play some music. They were very nice to us. There were lots of students in the class that played many different instruments. They were all great but I think my favourite instrument would be the trumpet. That’s what I’m going to play next year. My sister is in band and she plays the trumpet. I think it will be hard to learn because you have to blow higher (faster) and lower (slower) to get the sound you want. When the class played I could feel the vibration underneath my feet; it was a cool feeling. I think the class played great especially for grade 9’s. I got to sit beside the French horn, the clarinet and the trombone. I wonder which instrument is the easiest to play? I also wonder why your hand has to go inside the horn for the French horn.

A.S.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 07:20 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 36

I am looking forward to my trip this summer. In August my family is going to a wedding in Lethbridge, Alberta. On the way there we are staying in Edmonton for the night at my Aunty and Uncle’s house. In the morning we are leaving to Lethbridge with all of my cousins, my Aunty, Grandma, Mom and sister. The drive from Edmonton to Lethbridge takes about 6 hours. We will be in Lethbridge a day before the wedding; the wedding is on August 18th. For the wedding I am going to wear a white dress that has a pattern of big pink and black flowers. On the way back home we are staying in Montana for two days in a cabin that fits eight people. In Montana we are going to an outdoor park with lots of fun things to do like, water bumper boats, rock climbing, and more. We are also going to drive around National Glacier Park. On the way back we are also stopping in Drumheller for the day to see the dinosaur museum and the hoodoos. I am very excited to see what the hoodoos will look like up close! That is what I am looking forward to.

A.S.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 08:41 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

1, My gentle giraffe entered a contest to see which one could collect the most cereal.

2. A genius gymnast went to gather gingerbread while biking on cement.

3. The golden goose is very common in this century..

4. My dog is a cyclist who in general likes to bike in the garage.

5. Why does the Principal like to drink cider while running in a circle at central park?

6.I lost my work sheet with the correct answers in a custom made gutter.

7. My mom says that it is not nice to gossip about other people.

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 05:07 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 35

1. My leg is broken.

2. I am eleven years old.

3. One of my favourite foods is bacon.

4. My cousin lives in Edmonton.

5. I hiked a huge mountain with my friend.

6. I have a cabin at Ness Lake.

7. My friend plays the violin.

8. I losed my mitten at the park.

9. My mom bought a gallon of milk.

10. My bike was stolen last night.

- AS

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 03:15 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 41

Question 11. How does your nervous system work?

Answers 11. The nervous system is a network of cells called neurons. They transmit information in the form of electrical signals.

Question 30. How many teeth do we have?

Answer 30.We have 20 baby teeth and 32 adult teeth

Question 21. What are your nails made of?

Answer 13. Nails are made of kertian. Kertian is made out of dead cells packed real tight together

Question 14. How does the brain think?

Answer 14. The human brain is a processor. It contrrols many interactions in the body.

Question 15. How does your brain think and tell parts of your body to move?

Answer 15. The brain sends signals to your body parts making them move.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 02:20 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 45

Question 1. What is a bone?

Answer 6. A bone is made of dense tissue and minarals like calcium, phosphorous andmagnesium.

Question 7. How does the skeletal system work?

Answer 8.The skeletal system provides the structer of our body. Are muscles are atached to them. They protect our vital organs. They make are blood cells.

Question 8. How many bones do you have?

Answer 8. The human body has 206 bones.

Question 9. How many brain cells does the brain have?

Answer 9.The human brain has about 100 billion nerve cells.

Question 10. How does the brain work?

Answer 10. The brain sends impulses to and recieves feedback from the body sytems and parts.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 05:19 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

Question 1. How much food can the average person consume?

Answer 1. The average person can consume 2,000 calories.

Question 2. Why do you get full and feel it?

Answer 2. Because food go's into a pocket called your stomach and when it's full it streches sending a signal to you'r brain. Telling it it is full.

Question 3. How long does it take for food to go through your system?

Answer 3. For food to travel from one end to the other it will take about 20 to 30 hours

Question 4. How many joints do we have?

Answer 4. There are about 360 joints in the human body.

Question 5. Why when you’re younger, you get more bones?

Answer 5. You do not get more bones when you are younger.Your bones grow as you get older because they have growth plates.

-A.S.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 03:03 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 39

Today our class watch a video on one half of the story about bottled water. I learned about how bottled water is bad for you. I also learned where the bottles go and that bottled water exactly the same as tap water except bottled water is filtered. Bottled water has chemicals in the plastic; every time you consume bottled water you consume the chemicals. In the video it says that people in the U.S.A drink half a billion bottles of water every week. That is enough to circle the world more than 5 times! The person in the video wondered where all the water bottles go and when she found out they when to India she went there and saw tons of water bottles on a hill. Making water bottles in the U.S.A takes enough oil and energy to fuel one million cars. That’s crazy! Some bottled water companies like Aquafina and Dasani are two of the many bottled water companies that are actually tap water. Even though they have pictures of mountains and streams on the cover.

By: A.S.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 03:18 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 78

In our earh day discussion we talked about what we could do for Earth Day. Some of the things we came up with were biking to places you need to go or car pooling. We could recycle, turn off r unblug lights that we are not using. We figured out that this year our class has had our lights off for 4,500 mins or 75 hours. That equals three days. I found out that everything starts out from the Earth and then it evolves. I also found out that some were in the middle of the pacific ocean there is a pill of garbage as big as Texas! Texas is the biggest state in the U.S.A, thats huge! A classmate asked why we couldent just dump our garbage into space. You can't do that because if you looked into the sky with a telescope you woulld see garbage and eventualy over time we could see garbage in the sky from Earth. You also couldn't do that becuase it would pollute the universe and it would take lots of energy to fly up to space and then fly back down to Earth. Somethings that I would like to do for Earth day are recycle more and bike to school.

Article posted March 25, 2012 at 04:53 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 36

During Spring Break my family drove to Langley it took nine hours to get there. My sister and I watched movies and played games such as Mad Gab and Catch Phrase in the car. My cousins, aunt and uncle just moved there in December this year. On Sunday my cousins, aunt, sister, mom and I took the sky train to Science World. A sky train is a big train that has three compartments and goes really fast. When it got to our stop we went to Mc Donalds for lunch. After that we walked over to Science World. It was really cool. There was a lego center, an animal center, a dinosour center and more. First we went to the conservation and recycling station. We got to run on a big wheel to make light and play a cool recycling game where you shoot water and hit the red flashing lights. At the end it tells you a fact about recycling. Then we went up stairs and saw the lego center. There were some huge statues of dragons and lights made of lego. In the dinosour center there were tons of facts on dinosours. They had mechanical dinosours that moved. You could press a button and move different parts of the dinosour and make him roar. There was an center that showed how load and leaverage work. My sister and I used a pully to lift our selves up in a seat. We also got to shoot a ball out of an air cannon and play on a floor piano. I had lots of fun I can't wait to go back.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 06:43 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

On the 15th and 16th of March all the intermediate classes in the school went skiing at Tabor Mountain. Everyone got a lesson each day. I learned when to crouch and when to stand when your turning. I also learned how to pole touch to time when to turn and how to slide sideways down the hill. The lesson made skiing on the hill much easier. After the lesson I went skiing with Danika. On the first run we went down the face, it had extremely icy snow. I skied right in between a post and a bush, we didn't go on the face again. After a while Danika and I found Gabby, Abby and some other people. When I went on the lift with Gabby the bar wouldn't go down; I was clenching the seat and bar so tightly. Gabby when into the wrong trail and got stuck, I went in to help and got stuck too. In Bear Ally I took five jumps but on the last three jumps that were close together my ski flew off when I fell and took the last jump on my back, it was a pretty good wipe out.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 37

1. Ontario is the province that has the largest population at 12,851,821.Nunavut has the least population at 31,906. Ontario has 13,339,700 more people than Nunavut

2. P.E.I and New Brunswick were linked together for the first time when the Confederation Bridge opened in 1997.

3. The Counting Crows featuring Vanessa Carlton's Big Yellow Taxi is singer that originally composed the lyrics "pave paradise, put up a parking lot. I think it means that you shouldn't take things for graded because you don't realize how important it is until it's gone.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 02:08 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 48

The Northern Gateway Pipeline is two pipelines. One will transfer oil from Bruderheim Alberta to Kitimat. The other will transfer water from Kitimat to Brudrheim Alberta. Then the oil will be transferred by oil tankers to eastern parts of the world,one of those places will be China. The company that wants to build this pipeline is Enbridge a rich gas and oil company mostly for money. Some people want the pipeline and some people don't. I am oppose to building this pipeline for many reasons. One of the reasons is that it could leak in rivers,lakes,streams and oceans and pollute our water.Having an oil spill would also harm water animals such as fish,whales,otters and walruses. The oil tankers carrying bitumen would have to move through 185 kilometers of inner coastal waters known for high,rough seas. If a major oil spill occurred it could take a terrible toll on the ocean. It will go through huge forests including one of the last untouched forests in the world Bear Lake which is the last place that you will see the spirit bear. The pipeline would travel through the territory of more than 50 First Nations. The process of the pipeline will harm habitats,produces large amounts of greenhouse gases and threatens the health of people who live in the area.

A.S.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 09:45 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

If I was a blue whale life would be incredibly amazing! No school, no rules and nothing could eat you! All I would have to do is swim around. I would be huge; the largest mammal on earth! I would hear the crashing of the waves above me and the roar of boats driving around me. I wonder if it would be scary hearing those noises? I would feel the water sweeping against me from the humongous waves above. As I swim lower into the ocean I would feel the wet slimy seaweed rub up against my fin. Many fish would swim with me and eat off the barnacle that grows on me. I would see tons of bright colourful fish around me on my left I see a group of white and orange clown fish on my right I see a fish that looks just like a mango with red on one side and green on the other. Sometimes the fish swim away and I wouldn’t see much at all. I wonder if I would get lonely? I would taste the salty ocean water as I open my mouth to eat a bunch of krill and small fish. I would smell the cool fresh air when I come up to breath. As I’m coming up to breath I would see the shore miles and miles away from me. And that’s why I think being a blue whale would make life incredibly amazing!

A.S

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:34 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

My class and I tracked what we ate for three days. There was a dairy group, a grain group, a fruit and vegetable group and a meat and protein group. When we totaled up what we ate I found that I didn’t eat enough fruits and vegetables, grains or milk products. According to the Canada’s Food Guide nine to thirteen year olds should get six fruits and vegetables, six grain products and three to four milk products each day. I only consumed 3 milk products in three days, eleven grain products in three days and fifteen fruits and vegetables in three days. I also found that I ate too many meats and proteins. According to the Canada’s Food Guide nine to thirteen year olds should be eating one to two meats and proteins each day. I ate nine meats and proteins in three days. That really surprised me. I could consume more fruits and vegetables, grain products and dairy products by drinking milk when I am thirsty or I could bring fruits and vegetables to school for a snack. I could also snack on a granola bar or eat more cereal in the morning.

A.S

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 06:01 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 36

1. Alberta was the province that Canada established its first national park.With opposing claims over discovery of hot springs in Banff, Prime Minister John A. Macdonald decided to set aside a small reserve of 26 square kilometres (10 sq mi) around the hot springs at Cave and Basin as a public park known as the Banff Hot Springs Reserve in 1885.

2. Electricity is a form of energy that is measured in amperes, volts, and watts.

3. Nunavut is in the eastern time zone

4. The province of Alberta was named after Louise Caroline Alberta Queen Victoria's daughter.

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 41

Dear Mrs. Sawatsky,

I would really love to have more organized school activities, such as dance, drama and soccer. I think that it would give kids a chance to learn new things like, confidence, how to be social and being active, and it would help with overall health. I also think it would make school more fun. It would take place in the gym or outside. Someone that might be against this idea would be, Mr. Schade that teaches basketball and other teachers that would want to use the gym for other sports and activities. I would tell Mr. Schade that Mrs. Helfrich is a dance instructor and could teach dance at our school. Mr. Pepin does drama at the school and could help out and Mrs. Cook could teach soccer. Some of the students that could help include Abby, Gabby and I. Some of the other student that like drama, dance or soccer could help out too. I would even help to get new equipment by raising money from bottle drives and penny drives.

Sincerely,

A.S

Article posted January 14, 2012 at 04:59 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

Dear Mrs. Sawatsky,

I would really love to have more organized school activities, such as dance, drama and soccer. I think that it would give kids a chance to learn new things like, confidence, how to be social and being active would help with health. I also think it would make school more fun. It would take place in the gym or outside. Someone that might be against this idea would be Mr. Schade that teaches basketball and other teachers that would want to use the gym for other sports and activities. Mrs. Helfrich is a dance instructor and could teach dance at the school. Mr. Pepin does drama at the school and could help out and Mrs. Cook could teach soccer. Some of the kids could help to like, Abby, Gabby, Aiden, Riley and some other kids that like drama, dance or soccer. I would even help to get new equipment by raising money from bottle drives and penny drives.

Sincerely,

A.S

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 03:12 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 38

In 2011

I saw an awesome water slide at West Edmonton mall.

I went to Edmonton with Gabby.We stayed at her cousins house.

I made a power point about The six Physical Regions of Canada.

I tried Patel boarding at Ness Lake.

I learned hiphop at Excalleber.

I read Inkheart.

I thought about what I got for Christmas.

I wondered if we would ever get our report cards.

In 2012

I might go to Drumheller

I will try to be nicer to my sister.

I won't go to Maui.

I want to learn how do something new.

I don't want to eat as much candy

I think I will have fun in Langley.

I am sure that I will see my cousins in Langley.

I hope I can do all of this.

Article posted January 4, 2012 at 08:12 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 48

1.The person on the five dollar bill is Sir Wilfrid Laurier. He was Canada's first french speeking prime minister. He is well known for his expanding Confederation, and compromise between French and English Canada.

2.The person on the ten dollar bill is prime minister Sir John Alexander.Macdonald. He was born in Glasgo,Scotland on January 11 1815.He was also the first prime minister of Canada.

3.The person that is on the twenty dollar bill is Queen Elizabeth II. She began to undertake public duties during the Second World War.She is the constitutional monarch of 16 sovereign states.

4.The person on the fifty dollar bill is William Lyon Mackenzie King.He served as the tenth Prime Minister. He played a major role in laying the foundations of the Canadian welfare state.

5.The person on the 100 dollar bill is prime minister Sir Robert Borden. He served as the eighth Prime Minister of Canada. He also served as the chancellor of Queen's University.

Article posted January 4, 2012 at 05:07 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

My Christmas Vacation was great!My grandma came up from Edmonton for Christmas.She stayed for a week.We went to the movie theater and saw Alvin and the chipmunks Cipwrecked.It was a good movie.For Christmas I got three shirts,an owl knitwit hat,an I pod touch and a lot of other stuff.two of the shirts are aropostle and one of them is garage.The owl knitwit hat has big eyes and a small nose.My I pod touch is black and has a purple case.My 4 cousins also came up for new years eve.We went to the aquatic center,the exploration place and played a lot.I went skiing and snowboarding at theheart.I also played with friends.

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 07:52 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 39

Some of the colours I like are neon purple, lime green yellow,bright pink...well I actually like all colours basically.I think I like those ones the most though. I really like bright neon colours.

What are your favourite colours or colours you like?

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 06:54 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 39

These are some of the things I learned about energy drinks.Energy drinks kind of have nutrients but not a lot at all.They are actually very bad for you.Energy drinks have TONS of caffeine!Some energy drink products have 8330% of vitamin B 12 and 2,000% vitamin b 6.That's a lot of vitamins!They are bad for your heart and health and can even cause risks of death,especially when mixed with alcohol.Some people think energy drinks make you have energy.They do but only for a wile.Energy drinks can cause energy crashes.An energy crash is when you drink something like Red Bull.You get really hyper and then you get extremely tired.I think that is why the government wants it to be illegal to sell energy drinks to any body under eighteen.You might ask why eighteen?It is because when you are older your body can handle more caffeine and other stuff.When you are younger your body can't handle that much caffeine.I think that energy drinks are very bad for you and you shouldn't drink them.That's some of the things I learned about energy drinks.

Article posted November 29, 2011 at 08:51 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 41

Some of the activities I like to do in the winter are skiing and snowboarding.My family and I have gone skiing and snowboarding at many ski hills like Purden and Tabor.My favourite runs at Purden are December Sun and Whisky Jack.Last year I went to Silver Star and Big White on spring break with my family and friends.First we went to Silver Star in Vernon.The ski village looked like Dr.Suess's who-ville.The runs were great.We stayed there for three days.Then we went to Big White in Kelowna.We went with our friends.We stayed there for one day.The hill was extremely busy but very fun.When we were there my dad tried snowboarding for the first time.It didn't work out that well.He wiped out badly.I have a lot of fun skiing and snowboarding with my family.

Article posted November 29, 2011 at 04:51 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 37

1.Great Lawrence Price was the man who got shot by a German sniper.

2.Veterans day happened on the 11th Hour of the 11th Day in the 11th Month, in 1918.

3.Remembrance Day also known as Poppy Day, Armistice Day or Veterans Day represents the day of the year when we remember those who died fighting in war.

4.freedom is to not be control by any one.It is to be able to do what you want and feel safe doing it.That is how I would explain freedom.

Article posted November 28, 2011 at 05:18 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 39

Whole numbers are like numbers that we count.0 1 2 3 4 5...Except counting numbers don't include the 0 before the 1.Counting numbers 1 2 3 4 5...

Whole numbers have no fractions,decimals or negatives.

Example 5,36 and 970 are all whole numbers.

Article posted November 28, 2011 at 03:21 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 36

Rounding

Number line 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Anything below 5 rounds down anything that’s 5 and up rounds up.

Rounding down 234,421 will round to 200,000 because of the .

Rounding up 695,987 will round to 700,000 because of the .

Expanded form

Expanded form is when you take a number and stretch it out.

900,472 in expanded form would look like this, 900,000+400+70+2.

Front-end estimation

Front-end estimation is where you take the first or first two numbers and make all the other numbers 0.Using the first two numbers will get the more exact answer.

644,895 + 328,684 using the first number it would look like this, 600,000 + 300,000=900,000.

Using the first two numbers it would look like this, 640,000 + 320,000=960,000

Article posted November 25, 2011 at 07:44 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 36

Today I when to the Aquatic Center for a field trip with my class.We walked from our school to the pool.When we got there I when into the diving pool with Abby,Gabby and Cassidy.Lots of people were jumping off the platforms.I jumped off five times!Then I went into the river and played tag with ever body.It was fun!Abby,Gabby,Cassidy and I wore life jackets wile the waves were on.We tried sitting on them but the lifegards wouldn't let us.After that we went back into the diving pool and swam for a bit.Then we had to go.It felt like the longest walk ever!!!I had a fun time at the pool.

Article posted November 24, 2011 at 08:32 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 37

I have learned a lot this year in the D.A.R.E program.These are some of the things I have learned in D.A.R.E to help me make healthy choices.I have learned how to say no to drugs,friends an even my self.There is the skipping CD,Changing the subject,giving a reason or fact,using a humor,walking a way and more.I have learned about the affects of drugs such as tobacco,marijuana,alcohol and inhalant.I have also learned about what they can do to you.Tobacco affects your brain,your mouth and throat,your lungs and your heart and liver.Smoking tobacco causes breathing problems,it is illegal for Canadian retailers to sell cigarettes to any one under the age of nineteen and smoking tobacco is the number one cause of lung cancer.Marijuana affects your brain,your mouth and throat,your lungs and your heart and liver.It causes short term memory loss,it can increase the risk of cancer and is illegal to sell in Canada.Alcohol affects your brain and your heart and liver.It makes you have slow reflexes,it affects your vision and makes you have loss of control.Inhalant affects you brain,your mouth and throat,your lungs and your heart and liver.I have also learned about the affects of smoking and about peer pressure.Smoking can turn your teeth yellow,it affects others around you and can cause cancer.There are three types of peer pressure.There is heavy bullying,friendly peer pressure,teasing peer pressure,positive peer pressure and indirect/tempting peer pressure.I have learned how to not give in to peer pressure.Use a confident voice stand strait and look them in the eye when you say no.I think it is very important to know all of this encase you need it some day.I also think it is important that you know what these drugs can do to you.So as you can see the D.A.R.E program has taught me many skills about various things.I promise to make wise choices about alcohol,Tobacco and other drugs.

Article posted November 22, 2011 at 04:53 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 42

Once upon a dream

One night Billy Gala Melson was fast a sleep dreaming about exploring the galaxy.Billy had a big orange-red afro kinda like Annie off of the show Annie.He wore big round glasses and his favourite.A bunny pajamas.

All of sudden Billy woke up to some strange noises Billy a different planet.He looked around and was amazed.There were neon houses every were and the ground was green and gooey.Billy thought he was still dreaming he couldn't believe it.There were funny looking aliens every were too.

One of the aliens came up to Billy and said "Welcome to Planet Neon." Billy said,"Wow Planet Neon what a great dream!" "Dream?" the alien questioned.Billy started to worry."You mean this isn't a dream?How did I get here? What are you? How will I get home?".Billy started panicking.His hands were sweaty,his heart was beating faster then ever before and he was shaking like an earthquake."Don't worry",said the alien,"we have a space ship." "Oh good" Billy was relieved.So the alien took Billy to the spaceship station and got him a ticket home.Billy and the alien said goodbye.Billy told the alien to come and visit him on earth sometime.The spaceship took of with a lot of rumble and roar.It shook too.Soon after take off,Billy as though the spaceship was falling through the air.Bill screamed just before he hit the neon green gooey ground.

All of a sudden Billy was shaken up by his mom who said "it's OK".You had a bad dream.Billy gave his mom a big hug to make sure he was really awake this time.He told her about the Neon Planet,the green gooey ground,the aliens and the spaceship."it all felt so real.",Billy explained

To his mom.To this day Billy still keeps a watchful eye to the sky for a spaceship from the Planet Neon.

Article posted November 20, 2011 at 09:32 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 49

One night Billy Gala Melson was fast asleep dreaming about exploring the galaxy. Billy had a big orange-red Afro, kind of like Annie. He wore big round glasses and his favorite bunny pajamas.

All of a sudden Billy awoke to some strange noises. Billy saw he was on a whole new planet. He looked around. He was amazed. Everywhere he looked everything was neon! There were neon houses and the ground was green and gooey. Billy thought he was still dreaming. He couldn't believe it. There were funny looking neon aliens everywhere too.

One of the aliens came up to Billy and said "Welcome to Planet Neon." Billy said, "Wow, Planet Neon. What a great dream?" "Dream?", the alien questioned. Billy started to worry. "You mean this isn't a dream? How did I get here? What are you? How will I get home?", Billy said panicking. His hands were sweaty and his heart beating faster than ever before and he was shaking like an earthquake. "Don't worry", said the alien, "we have a spaceship." "Oh good", Billy was relieved.

So the alien took Billy to the spaceship station and got him a ticket home. Billy and the alien said goodbye. Billy told the alien to come by and visit him on Earth sometime. The spaceship took off with a whole lot of rumble and roar. It shook too. Soon after take off, Billy felt as though the spaceship was falling through the air. Billy screamed and just before they hit the neon green gooey ground.

All of a sudden he was shaken awake by his Mom who said "It's OK. You had a bad dream." Billy gave his mom a big hug to make sure he was really awake this time. He told her about the Neon Planet, the neon green gooey ground , the aliens and the spaceship. "It all felt so real.", Billy explained to his Mom.

To this day Billy still keeps a watchful eye to the sky for a spaceship from the Planet Neon.

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 05:43 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 41

I wonder what it would feel like to go to concentration camp?How cold was it? Did they get a blanket at night?I wouldn't last a night with out a blanket.I wounder how many people were sent to the camp?How big were the rooms? I bet they were pretty small.How did the boy feel when he was at the camp?I would feel mad and sad.I wounder why the notsies wanted the jews?When did the boy get out of the camp?Why didn't the book menchin or have any picturse of girls?Maybe there were more boys then girls?I also wonder what they would have to do in the day?

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 05:33 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

I wonder what it would feel like to play the harmonica in front of the commandont? I would feel extremely scared.did any one elts play for the comandont?Were they aloud to talk to any one?I would hate to not be able to talk to any one it would make me feel very lonley.Did the boy like geting bread from the comandont?I would but wouldn't.How the boy felt about the commandont?I would not like the commandont at all.I wonder what was giong on inside the boys head when the notsies took his parents away and took him to concentation camp?I would feel very sad,mad and scard.I could never be as strong as he was as soon as they took my parents away I would start crying.

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 03:14 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 37

Remembrance Day is an important day for remembring the Canadian Soldiers who risk there lives for us.When I think of Remembrance Day I think of soldiers,poppies,freedom and life.We are very lucky to live in a free country.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 09:37 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 46

1.Jean Margaret Laurence and Margaret Atwood were very famous novelists.

2.The Acadian deputies were expelled from Canada in 1755.

3.The Horseshoe falls is another name for the Canadian falls.

4.Lester B. Pearson won the Nobel Pease Prize in 1957.

5.Regina is the capital city that was once known as Wascana.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 09:32 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 35

1.The six Physical Regions of Canada are The Cordillera,The Plains,The Shield,The North,Great Lakes St.Lawrence and The Atlantic Region

2.Forestry, fishing, and mining are the most significant industries in the Cordillera region.

3.The tree line is the edge of the habitat at which trees are capable of growing. The province or territory sees the least amount of tree growth is Nunavut.

4.The capital cities with NHL teams in order of population size (largest to smallest) are Boston, St. Paul, Denver, Toronto, Columbus, Nashville, Raleigh, Edmonton and finally Winnipeg.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 09:24 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 37

1. Mount Logan is the tallest mountain in Canada,it is 6579 ft. taller then Mount Robson

2.Alexander Graham Bell is the inventor of the telephone. Three of his other inventions are the medal detector, the telegragh, and the audiometer.

3.Williston Lake is the largest lake in B.C. Mackenzie is the closest city to the Williston Lake.

4.Lake Superior, Lake Huron, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie and lake Ontario.

5.William Lyon Mackenzie King was the Prime Minister in World War ll.

Article posted November 1, 2011 at 07:51 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 35

1.A caribou is on the quarter.

2.The Pacific Ocean is on the west side,Arctic Ocean on the north side and the Atlantic ocean on the east side.

3.The St.Lawrence river is the smallest geographic region.

4.The Shield,the Plains,and the North are present in 5 or more provinces and/or territories

Article posted October 29, 2011 at 04:51 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 42

Here are some things that I could teach in patterns: an increasing pattern,a decreasing patter, an alternating pattern and expressions. Here is an example: an increasing pattern looks like this 5,7,9.It increases by 2 each time. You can tell because 5+2=7 and 7+2=9.A decreasing pattern looks like this 9,8,7.It decreases by 1 each time.You can tell because 9-1=8 and 8-1=7.An alternating pattern looks like this 5,3,6,4.It starts at 2 then alternately decreases by 2 then increases by 3 each time. You can tell because 5-2=3,3+3=6 and 6-2=4.An expression looks like this 5+n=15.The n is the unknown variable it takes place for 10 in this equation.

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 05:12 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 59

1.you might find polar bears in The North.

2.Permafrost is perennially frozen subsoil.The North and The Great Canadian Shield has continuous permafrost.

3.The Great Canadian Shield is Canada's largest geographic region.

4.The two highest producing agriculture regions in Canada are The Cordillera and The Plains.

Article posted October 13, 2011 at 07:28 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 38

1. The Cordillera,Great Lakes St. Lawrence,The Shield,The Plains,The North and The Atlantic Region are the six Physical Regions of Canada

3.Tree line means the altitude above which trees can no longer grow.

4. Toronto,Ottawa,Edmonton and Winnipeg have NHL hockey teams.

Article posted October 12, 2011 at 03:55 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 36

October12,2011

Autumn

Leaves falling

To the ground

Feeling the misty air

Autumn

Article posted October 12, 2011 at 03:49 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

Autumn Poem

Autumn is here

Under the trees are piles of leaves

Trees are blowing in the wind

Up in the sky there are leaves floating in the breeze

Misty cold mornings

Never ending fun

Leaves are falling to the ground

Every one a different colour

Amazing sites to see

Violet sky's

Every bodies having a good time

Scary scare crows are put up in the yard

Article posted September 30, 2011 at 07:16 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 39

1.Maude Abbott was one of the first women to obtain a bachelor's degree in arts from McGill University. In addition to her work at the McGill Museum, Abbott was a founder of the Federation of Medical Women of Canada.

2.John Cabot was the Italian explorer who sailed through Newfoundland's fishing grounds in 1497.

3. The Town of Bytown became the City of Ottawa on January 1, 1855.

The City of Ottawa, Ontario became the capital of Canada on July 1, 1867.

Today, the Ottawa / Gatineau region is the fourth largest urban area in Canada.

4.The Titanic was the ocean liner that sank off Newfoundland after hitting an iceberg just before midnight on April 14th, 1912.

Article posted September 28, 2011 at 10:07 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 36

If I were a teacher for the day I would start with the rules. The rules would be to wear tie-dye shirts and pink tutus every Friday all.I would teach gym, computers and art. In art we would do slat painting and drawing. In gym we would play what we wanted to for a hour each day and in computers we would have free time. On Mondays we would watch a show. On Tuesdays we would go outside for the day. On Wednesdays we would bring our pets to school. On Thursdays we would do art all day and on Fridays we would have a party.It would be fun to be teacher for a day!

Article posted September 19, 2011 at 04:28 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

1.Stephen Harper became the new Prime Minister when Paul Martin's liberals lost the 2006 election.

2. Canada is the 2 largest country in the world.

3. Nunavut was the northern territory that was established on April 1,1999.

I like kittens, puppies and CANDY. My favorite colours are lime green and neon purple.My favorite sports are soccer gymnastics. I like to play with my friends and play on trampolines. Another thing about me is that I love to run. :3