Copyright (c) 2014 by AS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AS -- Blogmeister

Welcome to My blogging world :)

Hello and welcome to our Blog! Here you will find information on various assignments, upcoming events, what's going on in our classroom, and our thoughts about the world around us. Enjoy!

by AS teacher: Mr. Schade

The Northern Gateway Pipeline is two pipelines. One will transfer oil from Bruderheim Alberta to Kitimat. The other will transfer water from Kitimat to Brudrheim Alberta. Then the oil will be transferred by oil tankers to eastern parts of the world,one of those places will be China. The company that wants to build this pipeline is Enbridge a rich gas and oil company mostly for money. Some people want the pipeline and some people don't. I am oppose to building this pipeline for many reasons. One of the reasons is that it could leak in rivers,lakes,streams and oceans and pollute our water.Having an oil spill would also harm water animals such as fish,whales,otters and walruses. The oil tankers carrying bitumen would have to move through 185 kilometers of inner coastal waters known for high,rough seas. If a major oil spill occurred it could take a terrible toll on the ocean. It will go through huge forests including one of the last untouched forests in the world Bear Lake which is the last place that you will see the spirit bear. The pipeline would travel through the territory of more than 50 First Nations. The process of the pipeline will harm habitats,produces large amounts of greenhouse gases and threatens the health of people who live in the area.

A.S.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 04:08 PM • comment • Reads 51 • see all articles

I like kittens, puppies and CANDY. My favorite colours are lime green and neon purple.My favorite sports are soccer gymnastics. I like to play with my friends and play on trampolines. Another thing about me is that I love to run. :3