Copyright (c) 2014 by AS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AS -- Blogmeister

Welcome to My blogging world :)

Hello and welcome to our Blog! Here you will find information on various assignments, upcoming events, what's going on in our classroom, and our thoughts about the world around us. Enjoy!

by AS teacher: Mr. Schade

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 04:19 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 118

Today our class went to D.P Todd to hear the grade 9 class play some music. They were very nice to us. There were lots of students in the class that played many different instruments. They were all great but I think my favourite instrument would be the trumpet. That’s what I’m going to play next year. My sister is in band and she plays the trumpet. I think it will be hard to learn because you have to blow higher (faster) and lower (slower) to get the sound you want. When the class played I could feel the vibration underneath my feet; it was a cool feeling. I think the class played great especially for grade 9’s. I got to sit beside the French horn, the clarinet and the trombone. I wonder which instrument is the easiest to play? I also wonder why your hand has to go inside the horn for the French horn.

A.S.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 07:20 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 39

I am looking forward to my trip this summer. In August my family is going to a wedding in Lethbridge, Alberta. On the way there we are staying in Edmonton for the night at my Aunty and Uncle’s house. In the morning we are leaving to Lethbridge with all of my cousins, my Aunty, Grandma, Mom and sister. The drive from Edmonton to Lethbridge takes about 6 hours. We will be in Lethbridge a day before the wedding; the wedding is on August 18th. For the wedding I am going to wear a white dress that has a pattern of big pink and black flowers. On the way back home we are staying in Montana for two days in a cabin that fits eight people. In Montana we are going to an outdoor park with lots of fun things to do like, water bumper boats, rock climbing, and more. We are also going to drive around National Glacier Park. On the way back we are also stopping in Drumheller for the day to see the dinosaur museum and the hoodoos. I am very excited to see what the hoodoos will look like up close! That is what I am looking forward to.

A.S.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 08:41 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 48

1, My gentle giraffe entered a contest to see which one could collect the most cereal.

2. A genius gymnast went to gather gingerbread while biking on cement.

3. The golden goose is very common in this century..

4. My dog is a cyclist who in general likes to bike in the garage.

5. Why does the Principal like to drink cider while running in a circle at central park?

6.I lost my work sheet with the correct answers in a custom made gutter.

7. My mom says that it is not nice to gossip about other people.

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 05:07 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 37

1. My leg is broken.

2. I am eleven years old.

3. One of my favourite foods is bacon.

4. My cousin lives in Edmonton.

5. I hiked a huge mountain with my friend.

6. I have a cabin at Ness Lake.

7. My friend plays the violin.

8. I losed my mitten at the park.

9. My mom bought a gallon of milk.

10. My bike was stolen last night.

- AS

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 03:15 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 44

Question 11. How does your nervous system work?

Answers 11. The nervous system is a network of cells called neurons. They transmit information in the form of electrical signals.

Question 30. How many teeth do we have?

Answer 30.We have 20 baby teeth and 32 adult teeth

Question 21. What are your nails made of?

Answer 13. Nails are made of kertian. Kertian is made out of dead cells packed real tight together

Question 14. How does the brain think?

Answer 14. The human brain is a processor. It contrrols many interactions in the body.

Question 15. How does your brain think and tell parts of your body to move?

Answer 15. The brain sends signals to your body parts making them move.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 02:20 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 51

Question 1. What is a bone?

Answer 6. A bone is made of dense tissue and minarals like calcium, phosphorous andmagnesium.

Question 7. How does the skeletal system work?

Answer 8.The skeletal system provides the structer of our body. Are muscles are atached to them. They protect our vital organs. They make are blood cells.

Question 8. How many bones do you have?

Answer 8. The human body has 206 bones.

Question 9. How many brain cells does the brain have?

Answer 9.The human brain has about 100 billion nerve cells.

Question 10. How does the brain work?

Answer 10. The brain sends impulses to and recieves feedback from the body sytems and parts.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 05:19 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 42

Question 1. How much food can the average person consume?

Answer 1. The average person can consume 2,000 calories.

Question 2. Why do you get full and feel it?

Answer 2. Because food go's into a pocket called your stomach and when it's full it streches sending a signal to you'r brain. Telling it it is full.

Question 3. How long does it take for food to go through your system?

Answer 3. For food to travel from one end to the other it will take about 20 to 30 hours

Question 4. How many joints do we have?

Answer 4. There are about 360 joints in the human body.

Question 5. Why when you’re younger, you get more bones?

Answer 5. You do not get more bones when you are younger.Your bones grow as you get older because they have growth plates.

-A.S.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 03:03 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 41

Today our class watch a video on one half of the story about bottled water. I learned about how bottled water is bad for you. I also learned where the bottles go and that bottled water exactly the same as tap water except bottled water is filtered. Bottled water has chemicals in the plastic; every time you consume bottled water you consume the chemicals. In the video it says that people in the U.S.A drink half a billion bottles of water every week. That is enough to circle the world more than 5 times! The person in the video wondered where all the water bottles go and when she found out they when to India she went there and saw tons of water bottles on a hill. Making water bottles in the U.S.A takes enough oil and energy to fuel one million cars. That’s crazy! Some bottled water companies like Aquafina and Dasani are two of the many bottled water companies that are actually tap water. Even though they have pictures of mountains and streams on the cover.

By: A.S.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 03:18 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 85

In our earh day discussion we talked about what we could do for Earth Day. Some of the things we came up with were biking to places you need to go or car pooling. We could recycle, turn off r unblug lights that we are not using. We figured out that this year our class has had our lights off for 4,500 mins or 75 hours. That equals three days. I found out that everything starts out from the Earth and then it evolves. I also found out that some were in the middle of the pacific ocean there is a pill of garbage as big as Texas! Texas is the biggest state in the U.S.A, thats huge! A classmate asked why we couldent just dump our garbage into space. You can't do that because if you looked into the sky with a telescope you woulld see garbage and eventualy over time we could see garbage in the sky from Earth. You also couldn't do that becuase it would pollute the universe and it would take lots of energy to fly up to space and then fly back down to Earth. Somethings that I would like to do for Earth day are recycle more and bike to school.

Article posted March 25, 2012 at 04:53 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 38

During Spring Break my family drove to Langley it took nine hours to get there. My sister and I watched movies and played games such as Mad Gab and Catch Phrase in the car. My cousins, aunt and uncle just moved there in December this year. On Sunday my cousins, aunt, sister, mom and I took the sky train to Science World. A sky train is a big train that has three compartments and goes really fast. When it got to our stop we went to Mc Donalds for lunch. After that we walked over to Science World. It was really cool. There was a lego center, an animal center, a dinosour center and more. First we went to the conservation and recycling station. We got to run on a big wheel to make light and play a cool recycling game where you shoot water and hit the red flashing lights. At the end it tells you a fact about recycling. Then we went up stairs and saw the lego center. There were some huge statues of dragons and lights made of lego. In the dinosour center there were tons of facts on dinosours. They had mechanical dinosours that moved. You could press a button and move different parts of the dinosour and make him roar. There was an center that showed how load and leaverage work. My sister and I used a pully to lift our selves up in a seat. We also got to shoot a ball out of an air cannon and play on a floor piano. I had lots of fun I can't wait to go back.

I like kittens, puppies and CANDY. My favorite colours are lime green and neon purple.My favorite sports are soccer gymnastics. I like to play with my friends and play on trampolines. Another thing about me is that I love to run. :3