Copyright (c) 2014 by EF Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
EF -- Blogmeister

Fred's blog

Mr. Schade, Division 9

Hello and welcome to our Blog! Here you will find information on various assignments, upcoming events, what's going on in our classroom, and our thoughts about the world around us. Enjoy!

by EF

teacher: Mr. Schade

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 08:00 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 39

Today for a field trip we walked to D.P Todd to listen to their band

play. When they were playing you could feel the vibrations from the

music in your feet. My favourite instrument there was the trombone it looked easy and it sounded the best to me. My connections were the songs that i herd them play I herd them on movies. When they played it made me feel like band was going to be way better next year. I noticed when they played the trombone they just slide a handle to play lower or higher. They made our band look like a better experience.

Article posted June 2, 2012 at 08:26 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

May,30, 2012 Ethan

My Best Vacation

In 2010 my family and I went to the 2010 winter Olympics in

Vancouver! As we arrived there was helicopters and planes roaring through the sky for the Olympics from hundreds of countries. There was thousands of different nations all over the

place. My family and I had to drive to the olympic building to pic up our passes the employees already had them ready for us, so we showed them our ids and brought the passes to the car. We then headed to our uncles house to stay there for a week. He lives in an apartment. Soon as we dropped of our luggage we went strait to the colosseum. When we arrived, there was a huge line up with people getting there ticket scanned and going to watch speed skating. My family and I went through another lineup, that was only for people with passes. We had to show the olympic volunteers our pass and we got too watch speed skating. We got to sit on the top row of seats since we had passes. Then speed skating started. It was men short track speed skating. The Canadian Charles took the lead through. The Canadians were cheering as loud as they could. But then an American and Korean passed him for the rest of the 5 laps the Australian came last. After they got too do double team relays. Its just like relays except it's on ice and they push the next person in line to go. First the Canadians took the lead. then the Koreans passed same as the Americans and the Canadians took back bronze. Thats what made the vacation the best.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 08:45 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

1. I had a juicy green pickle in my pocket.

2. My writing topic was a shark attack.

3. He has a Spider man buckle with plastic coating.

4. Have you ever seen a metric system it is amazing.

5. Michael is a very quick tipper.

6. You need a ticket to watch a movie at the theater.

7. I have a huge attic full of boxes.

8. It’s not about the penny’s it’s about the nickel.

9. At a birthday picnic Joe had a chicken.

10. If you want to relax go in a hammock.

11. The magic show I went to was very perplex.

12. Be careful when you pull a plug you could get an electric shock.

13. Getting through traffic is very complex.

14. My shirt has a different fabric than yours.

15. There is an index in few kinds of books.

16. The stomach beats down the food even more.

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 07:44 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

1. A jewish church is a synagogue.

2. That ladybug has 8 spots.

3. Look at that zigzag.

4. Watch out from that iceberg.

5. He has seen a gauge before.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

Help save our earth! Try to save our earth by unplugging your cord out of the plug. By doing this you can save a lot of fossil fuel. So when your done charging your phone un plug the phone and the cord.

Did you know that there is a garbage pile the size of texas?

Other ways to help. Turn of your lights when your not using them.

Turn off the tap when your not using it.

Did you know one point everything came from the earth?

Don't buy things you don't NEED. When you buy stuff you don't need your leaving a big carbon foot print. You probably got a new T.V in the past 3 years. It will probally end up in the dump. Just like you buy plastic objects that can't be melted.

Did you know that pesticide effects the ozone layer the most. Why would you even use pesticide it's not a NEED?

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 03:13 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

1. AngryBirds Space

2. Cut the Rope Original

3. AngryBirds

4. Wheres My Water?

5. Zombie Highway

6. Plants v.s Zombies

7. Tiny Wings

8. R S 2012

9. Ninja Fishing

10. Ninja jump

Article posted March 25, 2012 at 07:27 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

For spring break I went to Vancouver and went to Grouse Mountain. I went there with my cousin and my brother. We got to see the wolves eat. There was three wolfs Alpa the black wolf male the leader of the group, then the two white male wolf brothers.

Then we went up on the Gondola. Yo could see Vancouver city and the trees and mountains. Then we were on top of the mountain. There was at least 20 feat of snow. We rented snow shoes an went down thees steep trails. The snow shoes were lighter than I thought. We saw the grandma tree that has a grandma carved in it to make people remember there elders. We also saw a barn owl its eyes were weird and it had brown feathers. Then we went back on the gondola it had a great view and the ride was kinda freaky.

That was what i did at Grouse Mountain.

Article posted March 25, 2012 at 06:36 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

On Thursday and Friday I went skiing for a field trip at Tabor Mountain. Day one. It took about 45 minutes to get there. All the intermediate above grade 5 that could go to the field trip went. I rented skis and boots and got in a group that the Tabor instructors put me in. I got a instructor that taught me how to turn slow down and stop. My whole group and me could do that so we went on the trail Easy Rider on the chair lift. So we worked on slowing down and turning on the trail. After we had lunch. Then did another round on Easy Rider by ourselves but I just raced someone in my group that fell near the bottom so I passed him. After it was time to take our stuff of and take the bus back to Prince George. It was fun skiing the first time on Tabor there were lots of small hills and flat areas that made you go faster.

Day two of skiing on Tabor. This time it took about40 minutes this time. We got our skis and boots on again. This time we had different instructors. I was in Intermediate this time in stead of beginner. We took the chair lift up and did Easy rider once and did snowplow stoping turning. He also told us how to ski properly on the hill and he watched us a few times. then took Mambo, it was pretty easy, there was a lot of flat parts that made you go fast then there was a steep hill. We did the same thing as we did in Easy Rider. We did the same thing on mambo two more times. Then we were free. So me and my friend went down this steep trail and hit this jump then we went on the chair lift again. Then we went on a steep hill that was a different trail and hit the same jump. Then I had lunch and skied with other friends on Mambo. That was my skiing field trips.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 02:07 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

The Northern Gateway Pipeline is a pipeline that delivers oil to Intimate from Brunhilde. Then the oil goes to China from supertankers. The company is Greenfield. Giving hundreds of jobs. I am against this idea because the pipeline will go through hundreds of animal habitats. It will also go through Rivers, Lakes, Forests and First Nation land. The main reason I don't want them to make the pipeline is they will put it through the Great Bear Rainforest destroying the plants and threatening the spirit bear and other wildlife. We better stop them before they destroy our beautiful country and wildlife.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 09:11 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

If I was a hippo, I would get to lay in the damp ground feeling the warm African horizon on my back. It feels like a boiling hot tub bubbling on my back. Seeing the green water shining and the reflection of the sun on the water. I can hear the lazy hippos yawning after a good swim. I wonder if people fear me from my gigantic jaws and my huge teeth? I wonder what it would feel like to walk with all my weight and blubber? Would I fall over? But I would at least get to swim in the muddy water with other hippos and wrestle them with my huge jaws. That would be a lot of work since I’m so fat. But fun! Then I would get to lay in the damp ground with the birds pecking the bugs on my back to keep me clean before I take a nap it would feel like a massage before a nap. I wonder if crocodiles would try to attack me, probably not since I'm the most vicious animal in Africa. I would really like to be a hippo for a day to relax after a good swim. Plus I could be very lazy! It would be like a relaxing spa in Africa. That’s how I would see myself living the life of a hippo

By:E.F

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 08:58 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

1. Ontario has about 13,3722,996 people. Ontario is the most population province which has 13,339,674 more of a population then the smallest population the territory Nunavut. Nunavut's population is 33,322.

2. Prince.Edward.island and New Brunswick were the linked for the first time when the Confederation Bridge opened in 1997.

3.Joni Mitchell is the original Canadian singer who composed the lyrics. The message is you don't know how cool something is until it's gone.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 09:43 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

Jan,16,2012

I kept track of my diet for three days. I need more dairy's fruits Vegetables and meats and Protein because I did not even get close to the amount for the three days.and i got enough grains. I was surprised that I didn't get enough fruits vegetables an dairy's because I usually have allot of them. I could improve on dairy's and meats and proteins by persuading my mom to cook more meats and proteins. I could improve on dairy's by having a glass of milk after school. I should do this to stay healthy.

Article posted January 15, 2012 at 08:05 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

Jan,31,2012

Dear Mrs. Sawatsky

I would like the school to have new goalie equipment for hockey. The pads have wrecked straps and the pads are ripped open. The glove is for primary kids because its too small for intermediates. The blocker is ripped in the hand spot so when you get a stick in the hand it might break your finger. You could get money for the equipment by donations for kids to stay heathy and fit. Plus we could raise money from PAC, bottle drives, movie nights and pancake breakfasts. Students and teachers who are against this tell them we had the wrecked hockey equipment for ever. Plus we also just got new soccer balls. If people in the school don't like sports we could have a vote for the goalie equipment. But there is probably not very many people who don't like sports but they will need the exercise.

Sincerely,

E.F

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 02:09 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

2011

I saw: The movie Harry Potter Deathly hollows P2.

I went: To a soccer tournament.

I made: It to the A group in Future Stars.

I tried: My first piece of pepperoni pizza.

I read: Diary Of A Wimpy Kid The Ugly Truth.

I thought: About how awesome I am.

I wondered: If I could get any more awesome

2012

I might: Win the lottery.

I will: Play soccer.

I won't: Be a bully.

I want: To go on a holiday.

I don't want: To be like Justin Bieber.

I think: That soccer is awesome.

I am sure: I will be in the Fifa.

I hope: I will be better at soccer.

Article posted January 4, 2012 at 06:10 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 35

Wilfred Laurier is on the five and he was Canadas first francophone prime minister. He is the country's greatest statesman.

John A Macdonald is on the ten dollar bill he is the first first Canadian prime minister. He was a Canadian Prime Minster for the second longest.

William Lyon Mackenzie is on the fifty dollar bill he was an important leader during the 1837 upper canada rebellion. He is also a journalist.

Sir Robert Borden is on the hundred dollar bill. He was a lawyer and a politician. He is also the 8th prime minister of Canada.

Article posted January 4, 2012 at 05:48 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

I did a lot over christmas break. I went cross country skiing with my cousins Henrik, Ella, Britta and Connor that I rarely come to visit. We went skiing at Ottway. We had a great time going down the hills. We also played a lot of video games I played kinnect sports on the kinnect withe Connor and Britta. We did boxing. Connor and I usually won. Plus I played black ops with my cousin Henrik. I wailed him in zombies and multi. Michael played with us online too. Then I played MW3 for most of the holiday when I was level one I kicked everybody's but in multi with the worst guns then I sucked afterword. That was my Christmas holiday.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 06:06 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

NEVER have energy drinks they are so bad for you. They can give you a hard time sleeping, strokes and its very bad for your heart from the caffeine. They have so much sugar and caffeine in it that you get so much energy then you brake down. It has more caffeine than three cans of pop. It has way too much caffeine for children and grown ups. Those are some reasons you should not drink energy drinks.

Article posted November 29, 2011 at 08:11 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

Winter is one of the best seasons of the year. In the winter you can build snowmen and snow forts you can also make snow angles. The best thing about winter is the sports you can play. Some of them are skiing, snowboarding, hockey and bobsledding. My favorite sport in the winter is bobsledding. It is also Christmas time and my birthday! Which is wickedly awesome. The only bad things about winter is you have to shovel when it snows and you need to buy winter tires especially when you go up Cranbrook hill. Another bad thing is there is allot of car crashes. You can also have snowball fights. That is why its one of the best seasons of the year.

Article posted November 28, 2011 at 03:19 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

1. Front end estimate is when yo take the first number and add all zeros or take the first two an add all zeros. Say the number is 345,678 it would be 340,000 when using first two numbers or 300,000 when you use the first number.

2. Written form is when you wright down the number. Don't put and when your using written form or else it will mean a decimal point. Say the number is 236,789 you would write two hundred thirty six thousand seven hundred eighty nine.

3. Rounding to nearest number. 12345678910 Round up if the number is 5 or higher you round up if the number was 4 or lower you round down.

Article posted November 27, 2011 at 08:25 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

The other day. I went to a swimming field trip. We walked to the swimming pool from My school. It took about 10 minutes to get there. We all had walking partners. My walking partner was Riley. Then we eventually got there. We went inside and there was a vending machine, a concession and a desk were you pay to get in to the pool. Then we went in the change rooms. Got changed and got in the pool. There was a pool that a river that takes you around in circles and a shallow end and deep and a deep end. There was a hot tub beside the pool. Then there was another pool at the other end that had racing lanes and there was another pool attached to it. That had two small diving boards, two big diving boards and three platforms that are all different heights. I jumped of the platforms for awhile. Then I played normal tag in the other pool with my friends. That was my field trip.

Article posted November 24, 2011 at 07:00 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

D.A.R.E is an effective program that helps us make the right choices. To stay away from drugs and violence.

We learned about different kinds of drugs and what they do to your body.We also learned how to avoid drugs, it can lead to violence. I realized now that this happens all around us.

I have a better idea what to do when you get in a drug situation. Like using the skipping C.D or being kind when saying no.

I pledge, to make wise decisions about drugs by Defining Assessing Responding an Evaluating.

Article posted November 20, 2011 at 07:52 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

One day,Fred was driving a space ship in space. Fred has short blond hair, he is skinny, wears high heels and he is wearing a space suit. Fred is going to Saturn. To study it right now and he is going through the astroid belt. All of the sudden an astroid hit the space ship! The buttons on the ship are all beeping very loudly, beep beep beep! The ship is going down! Fred blacks out. Then he wakes up on this weird planet. With a very bright blue sky, red poke a dot clouds and there is lots of vicious plants. That look like they want to eat you. Fred turns around and sees two mean green aliens that look like sumo wrestlers. With big chubby belly, they're so fat that they can barley stand. They had a big brown bag. Then the aliens walk up to him. He is so scared. The aliens put him in the bag. they take him out of the bag and throw him in a jail cell in the middle of nowhere. Just like back in Fred's city Poka Town. One of the aliens say masha hama wama. Then leaves he comes back with a way bigger alien. He is so ripped and twice the size of a sumo wrestler. He had an axe. The other alien unlocks the jail cell an the alien is going to swing his axe. Fred closes his eyes. Nothing happened. He opens them and he is in his room in his bed. It was Just a dream. Thank goodness.

Article posted November 14, 2011 at 05:59 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

1. George Lawrence price was killed by a german sniper before 11:00 on November 11 1918.

2. The war ended on the 11th hour on the 11th day in the 11th month.

3.Poppy day it is a day we remember the soldiers.

4. Someone who doesn't understand freedom would want their to be war. Freedom means not being under control doing things you want to do.

Article posted November 13, 2011 at 09:39 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

1. Margret Laurence and Margret Atwood were novilists.

2. The Acadians were expelled from canada in 1755.

3. Another name for Niagara falls is American falls.

4. Lester Bowles Pearson won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1957

5. Winnipeg was once known by the cree name Wascana.

Article posted November 11, 2011 at 08:16 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

1. Mount logan is the tallest mountain in Canada the height difference between Mount Logan and Mount Robson is 6579 ft.

2.Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone and was born in Brenton Island. Some of his other invention was the Metal detector, Hydrofoils, and the Aeronautics.

3. The largest lake in B.C is Williston lake and it is closest to Mackenzie.

4.lake Ontaio, Lake Superier, Lake Huron, Lake Erie and Lake Michhigun.

5.Wiliam King.

Article posted November 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

1.The six phisycal region's of Canada is Great lakes,Plains,Cordillera,Shield,North and Atlantic.

2.The most significant industries is Forestry and fishing.

3.Tree line is were trees cant grow. Nunavut has the least tree growth.

4.The capital cities that have NHL hockey teams is Toronto,Edmonton,Winnipeg and Ottawa.

Article posted November 10, 2011 at 10:51 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

If I were the boy in the harmonica. I could not handle having parents dead.I wonder how sad he was?How did he feel playing the Harmonica in front of the dogs and the commondant with his whip. Did he get whiped when he talked or made a mistake. I would be really scared I would make a mastake and probally make a mastake on the harmonica and get whipped. If I were him I would think im a hamburger infront the dogs. The boy probally got whipped a few times. He probally was a hamburger infront of those dogs. If I were in his shoes I would be dead really fast.

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 07:28 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

Why is Remembrance day so important? Remembrance day is so important because it is a day we remember the soldiers that have fought to keep us free. Thousands have died. Just because of those soldiers we can be free and have peace. They lay in their grave with poppies. Thats why we wear poppies to show we remember. Their life was hard fighting for us. That is why we remembrance day is so important.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 09:45 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 32

1. Maude Abbott was a expert on congenital heart disease.

2. John Cabot sailed through Newfoundland's fishing grounds in 1497.

3. Ottawa was once known as bytown it is inportant because it is know the capital.

4.The titanic sank of newfounfland's ocean liner an hit a iceberg on April 14th 1912.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 03:08 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

If I were teacher for a day I would let you have recess way longer. I would make us party for the after noon. Are worksheets would be fun and you would get free time in the computer lab the whole time.

Article posted October 29, 2011 at 04:53 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

1. The caribou lives on the quarter.

2. The three oceans that touch Canada is the Arctic ocean in the north the Atlantic ocean in the east and the Pacific ocean in the west.

3. The smallest geographic region is the Great Lakes St. Lawrence.

4. The Atlantic, The North, The plains and The Canadian Shield have

5 or more Provinces or Territories.

Article posted October 29, 2011 at 04:26 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

Q: 8 x 8 = N do a math equation put a letter to cover a number up.

A: Fred had 8 nectarines 8 times today how many nectarines did fred have today.

Then do a word problem that goes with the math equation the letter in the math equation is the first letter in the main word in the word problem.

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 02:52 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

1. You can find polar bears the north.

2. Continuous permafrost is in the Yukon,Northwest Territories,Nunavut,Ontario,Quebec,Manitoba and British Columbia.

3. The biggest geographic region is the Canadian Shield.

4. The prarie provinces have Agrilculture.

Article posted October 3, 2011 at 06:24 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

Fall

cold hunting

animals are migrating

colourful time of year

hibernation

by Ethan

Article posted October 3, 2011 at 06:21 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 35

Faling leaves

Autumn breeze

Leaves are faling from the trees

Leaves are colourful

Lazy bears

Every day you're raking

Animals leaving animals coming

Violet skies

Everyone is carving pumpkins

Singing robins

by Ethan

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 03:16 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

1. Steven Harper become premier after he won the election against paul martin.

2. Canada is the second biggest country.

3. Nunavut was discovered on April 1st 1999.

These are five things about me I like to play soccer,basketball and I like to run. My favorite food is pizza and my favorite color is lime green.