Copyright (c) 2014 by EF Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
EF -- Blogmeister

Fred's blog

Mr. Schade, Division 9

Hello and welcome to our Blog! Here you will find information on various assignments, upcoming events, what's going on in our classroom, and our thoughts about the world around us. Enjoy!

by EF

teacher: Mr. Schade

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 08:00 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 43

Today for a field trip we walked to D.P Todd to listen to their band

play. When they were playing you could feel the vibrations from the

music in your feet. My favourite instrument there was the trombone it looked easy and it sounded the best to me. My connections were the songs that i herd them play I herd them on movies. When they played it made me feel like band was going to be way better next year. I noticed when they played the trombone they just slide a handle to play lower or higher. They made our band look like a better experience.

Article posted June 2, 2012 at 08:26 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

May,30, 2012 Ethan

My Best Vacation

In 2010 my family and I went to the 2010 winter Olympics in

Vancouver! As we arrived there was helicopters and planes roaring through the sky for the Olympics from hundreds of countries. There was thousands of different nations all over the

place. My family and I had to drive to the olympic building to pic up our passes the employees already had them ready for us, so we showed them our ids and brought the passes to the car. We then headed to our uncles house to stay there for a week. He lives in an apartment. Soon as we dropped of our luggage we went strait to the colosseum. When we arrived, there was a huge line up with people getting there ticket scanned and going to watch speed skating. My family and I went through another lineup, that was only for people with passes. We had to show the olympic volunteers our pass and we got too watch speed skating. We got to sit on the top row of seats since we had passes. Then speed skating started. It was men short track speed skating. The Canadian Charles took the lead through. The Canadians were cheering as loud as they could. But then an American and Korean passed him for the rest of the 5 laps the Australian came last. After they got too do double team relays. Its just like relays except it's on ice and they push the next person in line to go. First the Canadians took the lead. then the Koreans passed same as the Americans and the Canadians took back bronze. Thats what made the vacation the best.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 08:45 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

1. I had a juicy green pickle in my pocket.

2. My writing topic was a shark attack.

3. He has a Spider man buckle with plastic coating.

4. Have you ever seen a metric system it is amazing.

5. Michael is a very quick tipper.

6. You need a ticket to watch a movie at the theater.

7. I have a huge attic full of boxes.

8. It’s not about the penny’s it’s about the nickel.

9. At a birthday picnic Joe had a chicken.

10. If you want to relax go in a hammock.

11. The magic show I went to was very perplex.

12. Be careful when you pull a plug you could get an electric shock.

13. Getting through traffic is very complex.

14. My shirt has a different fabric than yours.

15. There is an index in few kinds of books.

16. The stomach beats down the food even more.

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 07:44 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

1. A jewish church is a synagogue.

2. That ladybug has 8 spots.

3. Look at that zigzag.

4. Watch out from that iceberg.

5. He has seen a gauge before.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 33

Help save our earth! Try to save our earth by unplugging your cord out of the plug. By doing this you can save a lot of fossil fuel. So when your done charging your phone un plug the phone and the cord.

Did you know that there is a garbage pile the size of texas?

Other ways to help. Turn of your lights when your not using them.

Turn off the tap when your not using it.

Did you know one point everything came from the earth?

Don't buy things you don't NEED. When you buy stuff you don't need your leaving a big carbon foot print. You probably got a new T.V in the past 3 years. It will probally end up in the dump. Just like you buy plastic objects that can't be melted.

Did you know that pesticide effects the ozone layer the most. Why would you even use pesticide it's not a NEED?

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 03:13 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 35

1. AngryBirds Space

2. Cut the Rope Original

3. AngryBirds

4. Wheres My Water?

5. Zombie Highway

6. Plants v.s Zombies

7. Tiny Wings

8. R S 2012

9. Ninja Fishing

10. Ninja jump

Article posted March 25, 2012 at 07:27 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 35

For spring break I went to Vancouver and went to Grouse Mountain. I went there with my cousin and my brother. We got to see the wolves eat. There was three wolfs Alpa the black wolf male the leader of the group, then the two white male wolf brothers.

Then we went up on the Gondola. Yo could see Vancouver city and the trees and mountains. Then we were on top of the mountain. There was at least 20 feat of snow. We rented snow shoes an went down thees steep trails. The snow shoes were lighter than I thought. We saw the grandma tree that has a grandma carved in it to make people remember there elders. We also saw a barn owl its eyes were weird and it had brown feathers. Then we went back on the gondola it had a great view and the ride was kinda freaky.

That was what i did at Grouse Mountain.

Article posted March 25, 2012 at 06:36 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

On Thursday and Friday I went skiing for a field trip at Tabor Mountain. Day one. It took about 45 minutes to get there. All the intermediate above grade 5 that could go to the field trip went. I rented skis and boots and got in a group that the Tabor instructors put me in. I got a instructor that taught me how to turn slow down and stop. My whole group and me could do that so we went on the trail Easy Rider on the chair lift. So we worked on slowing down and turning on the trail. After we had lunch. Then did another round on Easy Rider by ourselves but I just raced someone in my group that fell near the bottom so I passed him. After it was time to take our stuff of and take the bus back to Prince George. It was fun skiing the first time on Tabor there were lots of small hills and flat areas that made you go faster.

Day two of skiing on Tabor. This time it took about40 minutes this time. We got our skis and boots on again. This time we had different instructors. I was in Intermediate this time in stead of beginner. We took the chair lift up and did Easy rider once and did snowplow stoping turning. He also told us how to ski properly on the hill and he watched us a few times. then took Mambo, it was pretty easy, there was a lot of flat parts that made you go fast then there was a steep hill. We did the same thing as we did in Easy Rider. We did the same thing on mambo two more times. Then we were free. So me and my friend went down this steep trail and hit this jump then we went on the chair lift again. Then we went on a steep hill that was a different trail and hit the same jump. Then I had lunch and skied with other friends on Mambo. That was my skiing field trips.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 02:07 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 35

The Northern Gateway Pipeline is a pipeline that delivers oil to Intimate from Brunhilde. Then the oil goes to China from supertankers. The company is Greenfield. Giving hundreds of jobs. I am against this idea because the pipeline will go through hundreds of animal habitats. It will also go through Rivers, Lakes, Forests and First Nation land. The main reason I don't want them to make the pipeline is they will put it through the Great Bear Rainforest destroying the plants and threatening the spirit bear and other wildlife. We better stop them before they destroy our beautiful country and wildlife.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 09:11 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

If I was a hippo, I would get to lay in the damp ground feeling the warm African horizon on my back. It feels like a boiling hot tub bubbling on my back. Seeing the green water shining and the reflection of the sun on the water. I can hear the lazy hippos yawning after a good swim. I wonder if people fear me from my gigantic jaws and my huge teeth? I wonder what it would feel like to walk with all my weight and blubber? Would I fall over? But I would at least get to swim in the muddy water with other hippos and wrestle them with my huge jaws. That would be a lot of work since I’m so fat. But fun! Then I would get to lay in the damp ground with the birds pecking the bugs on my back to keep me clean before I take a nap it would feel like a massage before a nap. I wonder if crocodiles would try to attack me, probably not since I'm the most vicious animal in Africa. I would really like to be a hippo for a day to relax after a good swim. Plus I could be very lazy! It would be like a relaxing spa in Africa. That’s how I would see myself living the life of a hippo

By:E.F

These are five things about me I like to play soccer,basketball and I like to run. My favorite food is pizza and my favorite color is lime green.