5th Grade Reading and Social Studies---> The Reading Lab is where bright young readers come to discuss, through in-depth dialogue, literature that they are reading._____ The Social Studies Parlor is where students respond to critical questions related to different aspects of Social Studies, and then discuss their responses through thoughtful discussions.

teacher: Mr. Volkman

Hi y'all!   Wibur's doin' great!  Ma says that he don't gotta be Christmas dinner!   Now, to answer the question, for lzadora, conscientious because she is very careful and thorough with things that she does, for instance, when she threw the newspapers, she didn't do it just like "sure, I'll just do it half my best."  But no, she did it her very best, so that shows that she is thorough and that she is careful.  Jack is partial, meaning that he is bad, but he isn't ALL bad.  I believe that he has a good side to him.  But, at the same time, I do believe that he would be one of the first "ooman beans" to let something confidential to the earth slip from his mouth.  My word for Grady is gruff, because he seems to be very hard hearted.  But recently in the story, it is apparent that Grady has a soft part to him too.  ( When he was moaning about wanting to go home.)  And for Uncle Bud, my word is concealed because we don't know very much about him.  Second to last, Sergeant Webb is muscular because he cam arrest people.  And last but not least, Dr. Shumway.  For Dr. Shumway, arrogant, because she thinks that she is better than all of the people in the little town that they got abducted from.  Hope yoiu enjoyed reading this!  

I think Uncle Bud is mysterious because we don't know very much about him like when he was about to jump on a train without his refrigerator and leave it behind for the aliens. I think that Sergeant Webb is dangerous because he is violent, rude and because I think he would betray everyone if the aliens offered him money. In the book it says that Sergeant Webb was ready to shoot them all except for Grady! I think that Dr. Shumway is condescending because she always looks down on Uncle Bud . An example of that is when Dr. Shumway embarrasses Uncle Bud in front of everyone by scolding him for letting the aliens take the refrigerator when it was everybody's fault. I think that Isadora is cautious because she thought that it wasn't a good idea for Jack to drive the souped up 53. I think that Jack is reckless because in the book he starts running away from Sergeant Webb when Sergeant Webb was shouting "Don't move or I shoot!" and was holding a gun. Last but most certainly least I think Grady is tormenting because in the book he teases Jack and is part of the other newspaper.