5th Grade Reading and Social Studies---> The Reading Lab is where bright young readers come to discuss, through in-depth dialogue, literature that they are reading._____ The Social Studies Parlor is where students respond to critical questions related to different aspects of Social Studies, and then discuss their responses through thoughtful discussions.

teacher: Mr. Volkman

I think that Uncle Bud is still a little bit selfish because if he was heroic he would've refused to teach the Skreeps to use the Machine. Also he could've told the other ooman bings about it and since Dr. Shumway is smart they probably could've figured something out together or just sacrificed themselves for the sake of planet Earth!!!

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 38

I think that the one who has changed the most Negatronily is a Phooney because when the Skreeps were first in Vern Hollow Phooney was an Optimist Prime because he was all happy go lucky and didn't take his job seriously and just messed around with Milo. But after he captured the ooman bings and got his arm ripped off by Xafuun he has been all biness like when Grut wanted to give up Phooney went all spider monkey on him and kept kicking him in the booty!

I think that Joe has changed the most because at first in Vern Hollow he was all shady and Daddy Cool. When Jack and Isadora first found him on Arboria they didnt know if the could trust him but now they know they can.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 08:00 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 54

I think that I would change the title to....(suspense)....... The Great Space Race!

I would call it this because they are racing Xaafuun's men to the space port and then on to Skreepia to save the helpless ooman bing adults! (Except for the Webbs because Grady is a kid and the Seargent is a poop, I explained why in my blog that has no name and I wrote it on 10/24.)  Also after they got the ship of of Helibeizia the Skreeps were chasing Jack and Isadora around the saucer. If I had been part of the book I would've torn Xaafuun and her crew to shreds!!!!!

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 08:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

My favorite story that we have read so far is Charles. I like Charles because it was entertaining. I thought that it was entertaining because when Laurie came home from school he always calls his Dad things like "Old Dustmop" and his Dad had no reaction to it!

I actually have two least favorite stories, A Game of Catch, and Lenny's Red LetterDay. I don't like a Game of Catch Because Scho gets so annoying it just gets annoying! Like when he was in the tree singing I was actually wishing that he would fall out of the treem, UUUUGGGGHHHH!

I didn't like Lenney's Red Letter Day because it was so depressing! Like when his mom beat him when a friend came over, and the kids are so mean because they wouldn't play bumps with him at recess. Also it was'nt even a happy ending! He NEVER eaned the respect of his classmates OR teacher AND it NEVER said that his mom stopped abusing him! She was EVIL!!!!  

Lenny's mom = 

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

I think that the Ooman Bings will just barely make the pass safely because Phooney is desperate to catch them so he can clear his name. Also because he has waaaaay more resources than Jack, Isadora, and Joe. But since there is snow up there so that will slow them down and then the rebels will jump out of no where and will pick of the Skreeps. That could also be why they don't like Fools Gap. A reason that the rebels will know to go to the mountain pass because the root people may have told the rebels that Jack, Isadora, and Joe are coming and that they should expect the Skreeps to be following them.  

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 08:51 PM GMT • comment (10) • Reads 34

My favorite character is Beast 11 because he (or she) would be an awesome pet! Also he (or she) would look extremely scary to all of my enemies (Especially that stupid mountain lion that killed me and my brother Old Dan. Not to mention he almost killed Billy!)

Another reason is because I think he (or she) is just a big softy on the inside because when Isadora cured his (or her) "tummy ache" he (or she) was looming over her and sniffing. I think that Beast 11 was curious and wanted to be her friend.

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM GMT • comment (15) • Reads 35

I think that Joe is starting to become the leader because he knows more about all of the different aliens in all of the different universes. Also he is the adult and usually kids look to adults for help and guidence.

Isasdora is probably like the second in command or the one that usually makes most of the plans if Joe doesn't know what to do next.

Jack is like the fourth weel. I don't think he has helped much because he hasn't really had a chance to show how good he is with machines. (Except when they were on Hellibeizia and Jack had to fix the ship.

I think the character that changed the most would have to be Claude. Claude went from an arrogant, vain, selfish, inconsiderate, rude, mean, and disrespectful towards other peoples religion, into a kind man who treats his animals kindly, is hospitable towards travelers,and no longer looks down on The Green Man or the peasants that leave food for him.

Gonta didn't change much because it said in the story that Ooka knew him as a hardworker. So his perspective may have changed from okay, to disappointed, to sympathetic, because Ooka knew him before as a hard worker and didn't think much about him. Ooka was disapppointed in him because he stole from the rice guy. And he was sympathetic because he felt bad Ooka was such a hardworker and that he had a family to provide for so he gave Gonta a job.

Scho, from "A Game Of Catch" went from being a lonely little boy that just wanted to play with the other kids, to an over-confident, little poop that takes advantage of other kids.

I think that The Valiant Little Tailor was pretty full of himself before he killed the seven flies but this was the first time he had a chance to show the world how "great" that he was.

I think that Laurie was always pretty devious but his parents didn't notice because he was always their perfect little angel.

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 06:20 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 35

I think one mistake is that they trusted Crebbs. I think that she truly wanted to help them but now that Xaafuun knows their missing she's going to interrogate everyone and either Xaafuun will beat it out of Crebbs, or she will accidently tell someone and will be fed to a beast, or the other uuman bings on board will be suspected and then they would be in some serious trouble! 

The first answer I don't really agree with but if I did the detail I would choose is: Laurie thinks he is better than Charles because he talks down about him. Because when he comes home he is always so excited to tell his parents what Charles did but not what he did, so in a way Charles is kind of like Laurie's guinea pig to find out what his parents would do when they found out.

I think whoever wrote the second answer also chose good detail but they just didn't explain themselves. If I were them I would've said: Laurie is Charles because Laurie's mom said,"An era of my life was ended, sweet voiced nursery-school tot replacedby a long trousered swaggering character who forgot to stop at the corner and wave goodbye to me." This shows that Laurie is Charles because Laurie is giving his mom attitude like Charles did the teaher so you can tell he is starting to act unpleasant.