Joe's Blog

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Hello everyone! This is officially my last blog. I know I said that last week, but I want to give some advice. Before that though, I’d like to tell you about my weekend: First, I drove for 5 and a half hours to my Grandmother’s House in New Jersey, for a family reunion. I studied for my Biology Final the entire way. Then on Saturday I drove back, and had another 5 and a half hours of Biology. Today, I have spent nearly 3 hours studying Geometry, and plan for some more. I had a great weekend! YAY! But at least tomorrow is the last day of school. Actually, now I’d like to segue into my advice for future freshmen:

1. You probably read the list above. If you did, this doesn’t apply to you, but read this anyway-- always read everything. All the directions, footnotes, EVERYTHING. It will save you a lot of time. 

2. The above description of my weekend is a good example that sometimes, you have to fit in schoolwork anywhere you can. Do not procrastinate.

3. Keep your binder’s organized. You will pass Geometry Binder Quizzes, and your other classes will be easier.

4. Ask questions. Don’t be embarrassed, it really helps.

5. Run track or cross-country. We have the best teams in York, and freshmen get treated like veterans.

6. Don’t waste study halls. We all know the feeling of not wanting to work in a study hall. But trust me, when you realize you have a big geometry assignment due, they help.

7. Be polite to all teachers. They notice it, and respect you more.

8. Don’t be that guy that never has a pencil-- it gets annoying fast.

9. Balance out your work and social life. Don’t spend 12 hours studying for a Biology test (it’s not that unheard of), and don’t stress over Technology and Careers class.

10. Have fun! Without some happiness, Freshman Year will stink.

Well, have a great summer everyone!

--Joe

Article posted June 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM • comment • Reads 50 • see all articles

14 years old Born in New Jersey Two younger sisters 1 Dog and 1 Cat Sports: Baseball, Cross-Country, Track, Skiing