Taylor's Blog

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

teacher: Tina Jovanovich

The 5 Angle Pairs
Some of the angle pairs can be confusing to understand. To help you figure out what makes each one its own, you can go to the folowing website: http://www.mathsisfun.com/geometry/index.html
Scroll down until you see Angles. There you will find links to explanations of vertical, adjacent, complimentary, supplementary, and interoir/exterior angles along with many others like linear and congruent

My favorite angle pair is a linear pair because they're both adjacent and complimentary. I find it cool to think about how they're both formed into one angle. This means that they have a shared ray and add up to 180 degrees. A good way to remember this is to think of the word linear. It mean line right? So a line is an angle of 180 degrees. So as long as they add up to that and share a ray, or their angle sides are the same, you have a linear pair.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 04:51 PM • comment • Reads 35 • see all articles