-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Thanks in advance to all bloggers who read. In this blog I am going to discuss the new theorem and term I learned when dealing with triangles. In geometry class, we learned about the exterior angles of a polygon. I thought the relationship they had with the other two nonadjacent angles of a triangle is pretty interesting. I knew that they had a special relationship but I wasn't sure what it was. I think this theorem is going to be helpful with other polygons because lots of them are made up of triangles: two triangles in a quadrilateral, three triangles in a pentagon.....

We also learned about classifying triangles and I learned the new and not entirely useful term equiangular. This wasn't useful because if a triangle is equilateral, it is also equiangular.

Article posted November 27, 2011 at 06:23 PM • comment • Reads 46 • see all articles