Geomandatry; A Geometry Blog by Amanda-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Midterm Madness
Hi everyone!
It's everyone's favorite week of the year, midterm week! You can smell the stress in the hallways at school, and definitely in all of the classrooms. This week I've had my Algebra II midterm, AP English midterm, and my French midterm. Coming up after today I have the three that I'm dreading most of all; Geometry, Biology, and American Studies. Every night I get those painful headaches from studying too much, and personally my stress level is through the roof. It's tough balancing midterms, a mom in the hospital, work, and everything else. If my life were a circus, I feel like I'd be one of those girls walking the tight rope, holding onto a pole, and balancing something on my head.

I've talked to many friends, and many of them are fighting their way through their own midterms at other schools this week. I've gone to all of them for advice on studying tactics, and I've found that flashcards, a website called Quizlet, and reviewing my notes are the best ways for me to study. For geometry, I've been practicing the things that I'm the worst at, so I do best on those on the test. I've found that doing the chapter reviews at the end of my book help me the most, and all of those problems qualify as great problems to help me practice and study.

Need help with studying? Try the review part in your own geometry book! Or Quizlet, or even making your own flashcards. If you have midterms this week too, good luck! I'm off to go study more (at least until my brain pours out my ears). Wish me luck!

~Manda

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM • comment • Reads 34 • see all articles