Emma's Extravagant Blog-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Good evening everyone! It is almost time for one of my favorite holiday's (after Christmas, that is). I love Easter not only because of the candy, but because of the magnificent food and spending time with family. I love our annual Easter brunches, and this year I may try to replicate my mother's homemade pies. I don't feel that I will be too successful. On another note, in geometry we are currently learning about transformations. It has been a while since we have done these. I remember doing a very basic unit on translations in elementary school, but I feel that it is great that we are able to learn how to do it geometrically. One of my favorite translations so far is the reflection. To create a reflection, you need a line of reflection and a pre-image. This is easy to remember reflections; just think about looking at yourself in a mirror. If you are the pre-image, and the line of reflection is the mirror, than that is almost exactly what you are doing. I hope that everyone is enjoying their long weekend. Hopefully you don't eat too much chocolate and become sick (as I did last year). Also, wish me luck in my cooking endeavors!

Article posted April 6, 2012 at 04:40 PM • comment • Reads 40 • see all articles