Emma's Extravagant Blog-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Greetings Winter Waiters! I am personally very happy that it is finally snowing outside. I just hope that it stays that way. I’ve been waiting since October to make a snowman, win various snowball fights, and go sledding. Snow is a necessity for a good winter. With all that aside, I have also been looking forward to using the new program that was introduced to us in class today. The program is called Scratch, and it allows people that don’t fully understand programming to create their own computer programs. After browsing the site, I came across a program called David Beckham Kicker ([LINK]). In this program, you play as David Beckham in the European Championships and take shots at a goalie. Using your mouse, you move the player to a proper position and click to shoot the ball at the goalie. I think that this is cool program because it is very fun to play and easy to understand. I picked this program because I really like soccer and I thought that this would be a cool way to channel my love of soccer into creating a program. I would love to make a program similar to this one day.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 08:04 PM • comment (1) • Reads 60 • see all articles