Hello everyone! Hope you've had yet another fantastic week!
Today I counted the days left in my school year. There are 30 days including weekends! I am so excited for summer. As much as I have enjoyed my freshman year, I could use a break. Do you have any exciting summer plans?
On Thursday we took a test in geometry class on the areas of shapes. Below I have listed the formulas for finding the areas of different shapes:
1. Area of a Parallelogram = base * height
2. Area of a Regular Polygon = 0.5 * apothem * perimeter
3. Area of a Triangle = 0.5 * base * height
4. Area of a Trapezoid = 0.5 * (base 1 + base 2) * height
5. Area of a Rhombus/Kite = 0.5 * diagonal 1 * diagonal 2
My favorite area formula is for the area of a parallelogram, because it is so easy to remember. What is your favorite?
Well, so long for now! Good luck in the week ahead of you!