Insko's Blogmeister

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Article posted June 11, 2012 at 02:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 68

Hello fellow blog readers! How was your glorious week? This weekend was extremely nice. I enjoyed going to a graduation party, playing basketball, hanging out with my friends, and working at When Pigs Fly Pizzeria.

Now to the Geometry though. My question on the test was over how you know whether a triangle is obtuse, acute, or right. This question stumped me on the test but I got it right! I guessed on this question and got it correct. If you the answer to this question, place it in the comments below. Thank you so much for reading my blogs and I am sad to say this is my last one.

It has been a pleasure writing to all of you and the memories will always be with me. Thank you again. Stay classy blog readers!

Hello fellow blog readers! Sorry that this blog is so late compared to my others. Blogmeister, as I'm sure you know, has been down for the past couple of days. I am sorry to keep you waiting for so long. Now to the important stuff.

In geometry, I have a question about the latest test. My question is how to find the length of an arc. I do not remember and was wondering if you bloggers could help me out. If you comment with the correct answer, I will mention you in my next blog.

Well that is all for now blog-readers! Stay tuned for this Sunday's blog and question. Stay classy and thanks for reading!

Hello fellow blog readers! How was your glorious weekend? I am sure that you had a great time with the sun and long weekend. My weekend was very interesting. I had a track meet on Saturday down in Yarmouth. We won WMC's and the girls came in second place. I saw Ms. Jovanovich at the track meet. I am glad to see that she was enjoying the sunlight.

Now to the good stuff; soh cah toa. SOH CAH TOA is very important to trigonometry. SOH stands for sine, opposite over hypotenuse. CAH stands for cosine, adjacent over hypotenuse. TOA stands for tangent, opposite over adjacent. These three things will help you find the missing measurement of a side and angle.

Well that is all for now. Comment on this blog and I will be sure to mention you in my next post. Stay classy fellow bloggers.

Hello fellow blog readers! How are we this week? I am sorry that this blog is delayed. I have been packed full of quizzes and tests this week. I had a test in geometry, english, and western civ. I had a quiz in biology and english. This week was busy for me and most of my friends.

Now to the good stuff:geometry. In Geometry, we just finished our test on area formulas and triangles. My favorite area formula is the one for the trapezoid. The area for a trapezoid is (base 1 + base 2) multiplied by height then divided by two. I enjoy this formula the most due to that it is most fun to perform of any of the area formulas.

Well that is all for now. Comment on my blog and I will mention you in my next week's blog. Have a great week. Till next time!

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 02:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Hello fellow blog readers! How are we this week? My week has been fun packed with numerous activities. Why just today I got a good sunburn. Alright, that wasn't so fun but still. The weather has been gorgeous and I am extremely happy about that.

Currently in Geometry we are studying circles, triangles, and and more radicals. Some easy ways to remember your special triangles are: in the 30 60 90 triangles, there are three different numbers so you multiply the smallest length by root 3. In 45 45 90 triangles, you multiply the legs by root 2 because there are only 2 different amounts. Also, in 45 45 90 triangles, the two legs are equal. You can remember this by knowing that 45=45.

Well that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed yet another one of my blogs. I am going to grab some aloe. Till next time!

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Hello fellow blog readers! How are we today? My week has been very great! My week has been packed full of events. This week I drove on the highway! Now to the good stuff.

In Geometry, we are currently studying the pythagorean theorem and other various things. As you know the theorem is a2+b2=c2. This theorem is very helpful when it comes to finding legs and hypotenuses of a triangle.

Well that is all for now! Thank you for reading my blog and hopefully someone will comment.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Hello fellow blog readers! How are we this week? My week was great. This week has been packed full of fun events! I believe that my favorite event was surprising Hannah Knoettner on her birthday. A group of her friends threw her a surprise party and she was very surprised I must say.

Currently in Geometry we are on radicals. I do not have much trouble radicals because we studied them in 8th grade. Radicals are one of my favorite things because they come to me very easily. Well that's all for now! Comment on this blog if you have ever thrown a surprise birthday party. Goodbye fellow blog readers!

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 02:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Hello fellow blog readers! This has been a great vacation! I really enjoyed the time off from school but I am also happy to be back in the groove. Now to the fun part, the reflections. My favorite transformation is the reflection. I find it the easiest of all the transformations and enjoy that it uses a ruler. Well that's all for now! Stay tuned for next time.

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 02:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Hello fellow blog readers! This week was uneventful for me. Although I enjoyed the uneventful week, I am still very tired from all my activities. Currently, I am enrolled in basketball, soccer, and track. Currently in Geometry, we are studying transformations such as dialations and reflections. My favorite transformation is the reflection. Well, that's all for now! I hope you enjoyed my blog. Till next time!

Article posted April 2, 2012 at 02:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

Hello blog readers! I am very excited about blogging to you this week. I got my grade to a B in Geometry. I am very excited about this because I was doing poorly in the beginning. Quarter three has just ended, and I am excited for quarter 4. In other news, I am going to drive for the first time on Tuesday. Clear the streets and keep your kids safe! Well, that's all I have to blog about this week. Comment on my blog and I'll mention you in next week's blog. Till next time blog readers!

Article posted March 26, 2012 at 03:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Hello blog readers! I just had a very scary moment in that I almost forgot to blog! Good thing I remembered huh? Well, this week has been filled with NCAA basketball and school. As many of you know, the last week of the quarter is here and I hope to finish strong. I need to bring my grade up in geometry. Wish me luck! Also, currently in geometry we are doing various things with shapes. These things include: identifying quads, characteristics of quads, and finding angle and side measurements of quads. Well that's all for now. Till next time!

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 01:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Hello blog readers! I am watching NCAA basketball this year. I am enjoying doing the bracket for this crazy tournament. I enjoyed doing the NWA's as well. It would have been to my benefit if i had known that the calculator was on most of the problems. I am doing okay in geometry right now. I believe that i will do better on the chapter we are currently on. Well blog readers, that's all for now. I hope that you enjoyed this blog. Till next time!

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 01:15 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Hello blog readers! I am very excited for March because, in March, comes March Madness. March Madness is a NCAA basketball tournament. I believe that Syracuse is going to win the whole tournament. Currently in Geometry, we took our test. I believe that I did solid on that test. I think I got high 80's on this test. Hopefully, my grade in Geometry will rise as well. I hope that I also did well on the Triangle Poster. Well bloggers, I hope that you enjoyed my blog. Leave a comment if you think I can do better. Till next time!

Article posted March 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Hello fellow bloggers! This week has been full of surprises. This week we had our largest snow since October! That is a very long time with no snow. I completed the geometry project about an hour ago. That was an interesting project to do. This week in geometry we have studied indirect proofs and I believe I am doing very well with them. I hope you enjoyed this weeks blog. Till next time! Leave a comment for suggestions.

Article posted February 20, 2012 at 04:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Hello blog readers! Currently I am in Virginia with my cousins. Math class is fun right now. I understand almost all of what is going on in class. One thing I am not doing the best with is knowing all the names for triangles. Well, there is not much to talk about this week. I hope you all enjoyed my blog this week. Leave a comment for criticism this week! Till next time!

Article posted February 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Hello fellow bloggers! This week has been a weird one for me. My basketball team won on Friday; putting us at 15 wins and zero losses. I saw our fellow geometry teacher there, Ms. Jovanovich. I visited my brother yesterday at college which was a fun experience. In geometry class, we are currently learning about lines and centers of a triangle and we even have a fun acronym for the lines and where they meet. The acronym is MAPA, COCI. This will help everyone on the test that is coming up for all geometry classes. I hope you enjoyed this weeks blog! Until next time, stay classy!

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 04:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

I am unsure if I am supposed to be blogging this week but I am going to blog to you readers just in case! Hello blog readers! This week was full of fun surprises for me. My basketball team won two more games putting us at 11-0. I watched the Super Bowl tonight and the Giants won! I was voting for the Giants since my favorite player, Victor Cruz, is on that team. I do hope all of you blog readers watched the Super Bowl since it was a fantastic game. Well, I hope you enjoy my blog. Till next time!

Article posted January 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 42

This week we had to blog about a new program called Scratch. I believe that this program is fun but hard to understand. We also had to find a project, on Scratch, which we enjoyed. This is the link to the project I enjoyed. [LINK] If you go to this link you will find the drawing of a nice goat. My favorite animal is the goat and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Well blog readers, I hope you enjoyed my link to the goat drawing and this weeks blog. Until next time!

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 03:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Hello blog readers, midterms are finally over! Finally the dreaded week of midterms have passed. This week I am starting art instead of technology and careers. I am not the best artist, but enjoy drawing. I hope to do well in our next unit in Geometry. The Pats and Giants are in the Super Bowl! That should be a great game to watch!

Article posted January 16, 2012 at 05:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

Hello blog readers! This week was full of surprises and downfalls for me. I watched the Broncos lose to the Patriots by 35 this weekend which put me in terrible pain. Although, this was bad I am studying for mid-terms at a large degree. For geometry, I think, I will review over all the problems that I need help on, then I shall review over all tests and quizzes. Hopefully I do well!

Article posted January 9, 2012 at 12:53 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

Hello fellow blog readers! How are we all? My Sunday was filled with football and a little bit of homework. As you might have read in my earlier blog, I am a Broncos fan. The Broncos are playing the Steelers as I am blogging to you know. I pray that the Broncos will win this game and maybe go on to the Super Bowl.

Mid-terms are coming up in a week and I am nervous. These are my first mid-terms, since I am a freshman, and I hope that I can excel in these.

Well, thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your week and stay classy.

Hello fellow blog readers! How are we doing today? Well, I am unsure about what to blog about this week. Christmas was great for me! I got a new kindle fire and spent my whole day with the other 10 people in my house. By the way, I am blogging on my kindle fire right now!

Now to the real part of my blog. I am going to help prepare for my semester exam by reading over all of quizzes and tests. I believe that if I go over these things then I will do well.

Well thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it greatly!

Hello blog readers! I am sorry that I was unable to blog this earlier. My home was being raided by various technicians while my family was adding Bose, the sound system. Well sorry for the delay again, hopefully this blog will be worth it for you!

This week was very fun. My freshman basketball team won yet another game. Our record is 3-0. Already I enjoy basketball more than soccer, the winning record really helps. Down to the business now. My favorite problem from chapter 3 was problem 3 on page 134. I liked this problem the most because of the easiness yet funness from it. I believed that this was a challenging and key concept to know.

Well thanks for listening fellow blog readers! Hope that you enjoyed my blog very much. That's all for now. Till next time!

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 02:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Hello blog readers! This is my long waited weekly blog for all of you. A lot has happened this week for me and you should know about it! Last Friday I took my Geometry test; I felt comfortable yet scared because of my poor performance on my proof quiz last time. I hope I do well on this test. A thing that you should know about me is that I love the Denver Broncos. They play in the NFL which is football( for all of you non-sports doers out there). They won this weekend putting them in first place in their conference! Well thanks for staying tune on my blog. Enjoy the week!

Hello blog readers!

Thanksgiving was amazing and all that food really filled me up. In geometry we are starting to work on our projects. I am unsure on what topic to do my project on. Themes are always the best. Well, not much to write about today. Until next time!

This break has been very fun and relaxing for me. I enjoyed it very much, but now it is time to get back to school and blogging.

This week I think I'm going to talk to my blog readers about triangles. We are finally able to use our knowledge of triangles in proofs. I am very happy that this is happening because now proofs will be just a little easier for me.

Until next week blog readers, thanks for reading. Next week will hopefully have a more interesting material. Stay classy bloggers.

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 02:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Again, I am unsure on what to write about in this blog. I am sorry fellow blog readers that I "dropped the ball" once again.

Currently we are perfecting our skills our skills of parallel line proofs. We are also making table proofs and reviewing our concepts of algebra such as the "foil" method. I enjoyed algebra very much, so I was thrilled when I learned of this.

Well, thanks for reading and hopefully I have an actual clear subject on what I am writing on next time. Till then, enjoy!

I am unsure on what to type about in this blog. I hope that whoever is reading will get some entertainment from this blog and maybe a little knowledge.

Currently, in math, we are learning about theorems and parallel lines. These things are very frustrating to me because I do not like that we have the answer in the beginning. I do not enjoy how we have to fill in these missing steps. Although my love for theorems and parallel lines is non-existent, I know that I will have to master these skills. I hope to get at least a B this term and if I want a B, then I will need to do better on my tests and quizzes.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 02:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

In this blog, I will tell you the a website that I have found that is very useful to me and why I enjoy this website. Also, I will tell you all about my favorite angle pairs.

This great website that I found was [LINK]. Although this website was very useful to me I would like to warn you about a few things. This particular website makes you go through many other angle before coming to adjacent, supplementary, complementary, etc. This website is great due to the fact that it gives you concrete examples and problems where these angles happen. Thus, it gives great definitions and examples of these angles that everyone needs to know who is Geometry.

Out of all the angles I have learned, my favorite angle pair is supplementary. I enjoy this angle pair the most because it is easy to remember and easy to do in problems.

For people who do not remember this angle pair, here is a fun little trick for you to remember them. You must know what a complementary angle is though first for this little trick. This is how I remember; Complementary has one "P" in the name due to the fact it has "one" 90 degrees. Supplementary has two "P"s due to the fact that it has "two" 90 degrees. Ninety plus ninety equals 180. 180 degrees equals a supplementary angle.

I hope this blog helps you all very much. Comment on my blog if you have any tricks for me to remember my angle pairs. Hope my supplementary trick helps everyone!

This blog is a little about constructions and what they mean to my life. I hope that everyone can benefit from this blog and enjoy it!

A construction is a way to draw angles or lines when you are unable to trace them. When composing a construction, you must use a compass, pencil, and straight edge. People use constructions to copy lines, construct angles, construct perpendicular bisectors, bisect angles, and even make right angles. Constructions are great and effective when a compass isn't available.

My favorite construction is a perpendicular bisector. A perpendicular bisector is when you draw a line directly through the middle of a segment. When drawing a perpendicular bisector, you compose two equal segments on one segment.I enjoy finding the perpendicular bisector of a segment because it is easy and fun to draw. It reminds me of when I was a young kid. On Halloween, or other situations where this occurred, I would always to try to find the middle of a treat to share with my friend. I would never really be able to cut this treat in half so we could each have exactly half. This would be useful for me now.

Step 1: Get a compass, writing utensil(preferably a pencil), and a straight edge.

Step 2: You need a line segment to bisect. Draw a line segment and label it AB.

Step 3: Put the tip of the compass on endpoint A.

Step 4: Open your compass to more than half way of the line segment.

Step 5: Draw an arc through line segment AB(make sure to go more than half way!)

Step 6: Place the same compass setting on endpoint B.

Step 7: Draw an arc through line segment AB.

Step 8: Label the points where the two arcs intersect as Y and Z. Step 9: Place your straight edge where these two arcs intersect.

Step 10: Draw a line through these arcs.

Step 11: You have successfully constructed a perpendicular bisector. Celebrate!

Im of the male persuasion.