Abby's Astounding Geometry Blog!-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

In Geometry, we used many different formulas to find the area of different figures in this unit.  We found the area of circles, circle sectors, circle segments, triangles, regular polygons, rectangles, rhombi, kites, and parallelograms.  Some of these formulas were review, such as the circle area (A=r𝜋²), triangle area (A=½bh), rectangle area (A=bh), and parallelogram area (A=bh).  While I enjoyed learning the new formulas, and they were verrrrry helpful, the basic formula for finding the area of a rectangle or parallelogram is still my favorite.  I love this one because it’s so simple, yet one area problem can often take you up to 10 minutes!  Finding those 2 simple variables can be so complicated and can involve so many steps, but once you have them it’s smooth sailing.

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM • comment • Reads 45 • see all articles