Basketball 4 L1f3-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Constructions

Hello bloggers. I am glad to announce this is my first blog and I hope you enjoy the following information.

"Construction" in Geometry means to draw angles, shapes, or lines accurately. These constructions are made with the use of a compass, straightedge and a pencil. Constructions do not use numbers at all. My favorite construction is copying a line segment. I like this for two reasons, one it is the simplest of the constructions, and two lines are used in just about any geometric problem so it is important to know how to copy a single segment. The first step in copying a line segment is to have the segment that you want to copy. Once you have found the line you take the point of the compass and put it on the endpoint of the segment. You then put the other point of the compass on the opposite endpoint of the segment. Making the compass as long as the line is. Once you do this you make a point wherever you want the copied line to be. You put one point of the compass on this point and while keeping the same measure of the compass you draw an arc. Then put a point in the middle of the arc and connect to the points making a line that is congruent to the line you wanted to copy. 

My hope is that this helps you out but if not there is plenty of information on the web. Good luck!!

Article posted October 17, 2011 at 07:29 PM • comment • Reads 33 • see all articles

Basketball is my favorite sport, I like the way they dribble up and down the court. I like slam dunk, to take me to the hoop My favorite play is the alley-oop I like the pick-and-roll I like the give-and-go